PDA

View Full Version : Sweetness

Darkswordofchaos
08-03-2009, 10:29 AM
So staying in AZ for the time being i find it really strange that no were besides the south east do people really drink sweet tea. out here in the west they have iced tea, but its not sweet. WTF is the point? and i've heard awful rumors that in the north they drink hot tea (for shame)

So How do you like your tea.

People from not-America feel free to join in with your strange tea drinking habits.

Marky Tee
08-03-2009, 10:34 AM
hot and sweetened tea is common here (the uk)
my friend from another forum who spends half the year in china has sent me over some strange tea buds i cant pronounce :p
dnt realy like tea though so havent tried it yet

Dethroned
08-03-2009, 10:37 AM
i don't really drink tea, i have tried it, but did not really appeal to my interests, it is common here also :)

The Space Pope
08-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Be a real man darkswordofchaos and drink gasoline mixed in with the menstrual blood of fority-two and one African bush women and use a wharf rat's corpse as a teabag.

The closest I ever came to drinking tea is when I accidentally bought one of those Green Tea things that Arizona (the company) makes instead of the fruit punch. I was not pleased.

Shlup
08-03-2009, 01:16 PM
I don't really like tea at all.

trancekuja
08-03-2009, 01:20 PM
I love tea. But not those fancy vanilla/strawberry/chocolate/tonberry flavors. I like default tea's such as chamomile. I usually use honey instead of sugar.

rubah
08-03-2009, 05:00 PM
It's a sad fact of life. Even down here you sometimes run into :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty sweetened tea (which is not sweet tea)

Sweet tea will almost bowl you over because of the humongity of the flavor. It's rich, powerful and deadly sweet. Sweetened tea tastes kinda like you took water, threw some leaves in it and added a pinch of sugar. I'm looking at you, Ohio!

(protip: brew the sugar into it)

qwertysaur
08-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Tea is delicious and makes me very happy and serene :bigsmile:

The Space Pope
08-03-2009, 05:04 PM
tea is for hippies and eurofags

leaded gasoline is a real man's brew

SomethingBig
08-03-2009, 05:24 PM
I like all kinds of tea. Raspberry iced tea is one of my favorite drinks. Too bad it tastes like medicine in most restaurants. Sometimes, when I'm in a sit-down-and-read-a-book mood, I'll drink green tea or jasmine tea. I went to this tea shop that had samples and had some blueberry tea and it was incredibly yummy.

qwertysaur
08-03-2009, 05:27 PM
I like all kinds of tea. Raspberry iced tea is one of my favorite drinks. Too bad it tastes like medicine in most restaurants. Sometimes, when I'm in a sit-down-and-read-a-book mood, I'll drink green tea or jasmine tea. I went to this tea shop that had samples and had some blueberry tea and it was incredibly yummy.
Blueberry tea sounds magical. Was it as delicious as Gingerbread tea?

Meat Puppet
08-03-2009, 05:27 PM
I think Chai is pretty good. There is a certain air of... pretentiousness about it though, I guess. However, I can assure you that I hate intellectuals just as much as you do, if not, more so!

SomethingBig
08-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Blueberry tea sounds magical. Was it as delicious as Gingerbread tea?

I can assure you that blueberry tea is as magical as a unicorn dancing on your tongue. I've never had gingerbread tea, though. Can you make gingerbread tea houses?

qwertysaur
08-03-2009, 05:38 PM
<a href="http://www.teavana.com/The-Teas/Herbal-Teas/Ginger-Bread-Cookie-2OZ.axd">Tea is delicious</a>

Crimson
08-03-2009, 05:43 PM
I drink 4 cups or more of tea a day, heck I dont think I could go more than 2 days without a cup of tea.

I'm English though so I have an excuse.

leaded gasoline is a real man's brew

What like this kid?

Kid Drinks Gasoline To Be More Like the Transformers | /Film (http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/07/20/kid-drinks-gasoline-to-be-more-like-the-transformers/)

Enjoy your peanut brain. :p

Psychotic
08-03-2009, 07:12 PM
People from not-America feel free to join in with your strange tea drinking habits.Nah, that's okay. I wouldn't want to impose.

Darkswordofchaos
08-03-2009, 07:38 PM
I drink 4 cups or more of tea a day, heck I dont think I could go more than 2 days without a cup of tea.

Yes most people from the southeastern part of the us also partake in much tea although when we drink it it goes like this: you boil the tea bags and make the tea, then mix in sugar and add water till its a gallon, then make it cold and enjoy.

Back home i almost always get sweet tea to drink when i go to out to eat, and its good tea. I look around a lot of others are also drinking sweet tea. Here If i ask for sweet tea the waiter will look at me like I'm crazy, or give me a "wtf is that?" kinda look.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Sweet tea is a yokel drink, all right. Condolences.

Darkswordofchaos
08-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Thems fightin words :kaofight: you are clearly just ignorant on good taste :D

If people dont like sugar in their tea then they have broken taste buds and in the south its far to hot to drink hot tea

Breine
08-03-2009, 07:56 PM

Shame on you, tea is good! >:O But hey, I am a hippie/eurofag.. so..

I usually drink tea with nothing in it. Just regular hot tea. I rarely put milk in it.

Jojee
08-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Spiced chai = love. A bit of sweetening is nice for it. :3

As well as fruit teas with lotsa sweetening. Blueberry/raspberry/etc tea <3

~*~Celes~*~
08-03-2009, 08:24 PM
I <3 chai

Crimson
08-03-2009, 09:28 PM

Yes most people from the southeastern part of the us also partake in much tea although when we drink it it goes like this: you boil the tea bags and make the tea, then mix in sugar and add water till its a gallon, then make it cold and enjoy.

Back home i almost always get sweet tea to drink when i go to out to eat, and its good tea. I look around a lot of others are also drinking sweet tea. Here If i ask for sweet tea the waiter will look at me like I'm crazy, or give me a "wtf is that?" kinda look.

Bah im more of a good old fashion Milk Tea person myself. Boil the kettle, put in the tea bag and sugar followed by the water, stir until you get that lovely dark colour, then remove the tea bag and apply the milk and stir, though if you like it strong then add the milk with the tea bag still in then leave it for a minute before removing it.

:monocle:

Xander
08-03-2009, 09:38 PM
I think Chai is pretty good. There is a certain air of... pretentiousness about it though, I guess. However, I can assure you that I hate intellectuals just as much as you do, if not, more so!

Spicy chai tea is good! :D I think the name just sounds pretentious, but it's a really interesting taste.

I LOVE tea! Mostly just normal black tea, hot, with milk and no sugar. Mmm <3 I have on average about 3 or 4 of those a day.

I also really like jasmine green tea after a chinese meal, mmm.

Occasionally I drink peppermint or fennel too, good for digestion I think, but nothing beats good old black tea!

scrumpleberry
08-03-2009, 11:34 PM
It's healthier to drink tea and coffee black, apparently. I'm not a tea fan.

Jojee
08-03-2009, 11:37 PM
I don't mind drinking tea black, it's yummy. Coffee black is too bitter though, I usually add Splenda. I don't like to have it with milk or anything, though. xD

Darkswordofchaos
08-03-2009, 11:42 PM
i dont like coffee at all

The Space Pope
08-04-2009, 12:54 AM
I like my coffee like I like my men

Strong, piping hot, and black

Wolf Kanno
08-04-2009, 01:49 AM
I prefer coffee over tea but I do enjoy my Green Tea and Ginseng Tea when I get in the mood. I don't like sweet tea but I don't really like sweet things except on rare occasions (cake).

When I was a server, I always got annoyed when tourist from the south would act like the damn world had ended when I told them we didn't have sweet tea. But then again I usually hate tourist... :eep:

Momiji
08-04-2009, 02:25 AM
As long as tea is well-done, I'm going to enjoy it, iced or hot.

Darkswordofchaos
08-04-2009, 02:31 AM
as long as it is ice cold and sweet i will enjoy it.

@wolf kano
I love asking servers for it just to mess with them. i always love the confused expresion they have

Wolf Kanno
08-04-2009, 02:50 AM
I had it the first time. Once they explained it to me it was no surprise afterwards but I'm amazed how many of them would throw fits.

NeoCracker
08-04-2009, 02:57 AM
I quite enjoy a good Green or Peppermint Tea on occasion.

Pure Aerisbeauty7
08-04-2009, 03:43 AM
I like my tea with sugar and coffee creamer.

Leeza
08-04-2009, 04:43 AM
Long Island Iced. Yes. :love:

rubah
08-04-2009, 04:48 AM
Grossssssssssssssss leeza

Rye
08-04-2009, 05:04 AM
I am an Iced Tea Wench. That means I work for a major brewery company and get free iced tea all day, of all sorts, like White and Green and Black. Though I'm trying to lose weight, so I've only been drinking water lately. :(

I can't drink hot tea because I associate it with stomach viruses, no matter how hard I try to like it.

Green Tea Latte in Starbucks is so good. ;o~

NeoCracker
08-04-2009, 06:21 AM
I should probably mention I only like my Tea hot too. :p

Zeldy
08-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Hot, with one sugar and one sweetener, not too strong but not too weak. Whole milk, and in my own special mug!

Rodarian
08-04-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm a Teaaholic....

I have to attend T.E.A meetings once a month

We chant, we cry, we hug.....And we drink prune juice.....

Crimson
08-04-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm a Teaaholic....

Get out.

Mogi
08-04-2009, 09:17 PM
All I ever drink is tea!
I've been adding less and less sugar as I make it, and I'm hoping to slowly adjust myself to drinking without sweatener.
:3

Darkswordofchaos
08-04-2009, 10:14 PM
All I ever drink is tea!
I've been adding less and less sugar as I make it, and I'm hoping to slowly adjust myself to drinking without sweatener.
y?
Sugar is what makes it good

Evastio
08-05-2009, 12:06 AM
I personally like lemon iced tea the best.

...though I've cut down on drinking it lately since it brings out the, erm, "Niagara falls" within. The caffeine doesn't seem to have much of an effect on me though.

rubah
08-05-2009, 01:03 AM
evastio, there's nothing wrong with going to pee every hour on the hour.

Darksword, since you're in arizona, you should try some arizona tea.

Darkswordofchaos
08-05-2009, 03:10 AM
i was gonna get some at the store one day but I got a yoohoo instead. Best drink ever btw

Jessweeee♪
08-05-2009, 05:46 AM
I like mine without sugar.

All I ever drink is tea!
y?

Tea with sugar is good sometimes, but when you put too much in it just tastes like flat cola ;_;

Rodarian
08-05-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm a Teaaholic....

Get out.

:crying2: but I still love my tea! Those bascustards don't know how much i drink it on the sly!

Shauna
08-05-2009, 09:05 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of tea. I don't mind Iced Tea, however. It's tasty. :D

drotato
08-05-2009, 09:08 PM
I like all kinds of tea. Especially green teas. They are pretty good.

Mogi
08-05-2009, 09:22 PM
All I ever drink is tea!
y?

Because I like to think that it makes my teeth degrade slower or something of the sort. I know it's unreasonable.

And it makes me feel better for no reason. Pure-er, I guess.
:roll2
Whatever.

EDIT:
I also like green tea.
Hom nom nom