PDA

View Full Version : Vroom vroom

Bunny
08-05-2009, 02:17 AM
This is a test of the Emergency Honest System.

Please take into consideration traffic violations (caught or not), accidents, road-ragery, and the answer to the following situation:

You are driving along at 65 mph on a straight road at night and being followed by a car that is several miles back. Suddenly, a dog or cat jumps infront of your car, do you:

A. Swerve to avoid the animal crashing into a tree in the process?
or
B. Hit it head on and feel guilt?

rubah
08-05-2009, 02:21 AM
I am a lucky driver (and female)

Raistlin
08-05-2009, 02:23 AM
I'm a pretty good driver. I drive long distances by myself fairly regularly so I've been kind of forced to be.

The Space Pope
08-05-2009, 02:31 AM
Driving is for the weak

I gallop wherever I need to go, occasionally I'll prance about when I'm feeling a little frisky.
I can fly too, but last time I flew a crop duster hit me and broke 4 of my ribs ;_:

Oh, and C) Hit it and laugh, then absorb its soul

Madame Adequate
08-05-2009, 02:32 AM
C) Hit the dog, scrape it off the road, dinner.

Shiny
08-05-2009, 02:47 AM
There is no such thing as good drivers in the Tri-State area.

Raistlin
08-05-2009, 02:48 AM
In response to the edited-in question, the answer is always to hit the damn little animals. If there's absolutely no one around and you're not going fast, you can stop or move into another lane or something. But the default is always to keep going straight and not get your car totaled trying to avoid a little squirrel.

Rye
08-05-2009, 02:55 AM
I'd say I'm a pretty good driver, though after having to drive into Midtown Manhattan to pick up my father and bring him to the ER, I may have to reconsider when it comes to city driving. But then again, who in the world actually drives well in Manhattan? Is it even POSSIBLE?

Bunny
08-05-2009, 02:57 AM
I didn't know it was legal to drive within Manhattan. Regardless, it sounds like the most retarded idea ever.

Marshall Banana
08-05-2009, 02:57 AM
I WILL KILL ANY OTHER DRIVERS ON THE ROAD BEFORE I'LL CRUSH A DOGGIE OR KITTY.

oddler
08-05-2009, 02:59 AM
In response to the edited-in question, the answer is always to hit the damn little animals. If there's absolutely no one around and you're not going fast, you can stop or move into another lane or something. But the default is always to keep going straight and not get your car totaled trying to avoid a little squirrel.

Exactly that. Good male driver, by the way.

Bunny
08-05-2009, 02:59 AM

I am a bad driver (and female).

Agent Proto
08-05-2009, 03:10 AM
I think I hit a squirrel once before.

Rye
08-05-2009, 03:15 AM
I didn't know it was legal to drive within Manhattan. Regardless, it sounds like the most retarded idea ever.

It is. If he was able to walk, he'd have taken a taxi and gotten a train back. But alas, he wasn't, so I drove into Manhattan and almost got a ticket and a 200 dollar fine due to Manhattan's plethora of retarded driving laws and cops that just sit and wait for people who are literally forced to put a half a bumper into the pedestrian crossing box by people who cut them off and push them in (like what happened to me) so they can be like "LOL TICKET TIME BUDDY."

Never again.

Marshall Banana
08-05-2009, 03:18 AM

I am a bad driver (and female).
What's up with male drivers, anyway? They kill animals for fun. Then they brag about it.

Jiro
08-05-2009, 03:35 AM
I am a good driver (and male)*

I'd just brake and move off the road. The other car would go past and the little animal would have already run off. Swerving causes crashes.

*Based on the very small amount of time I have been driving

Raistlin
08-05-2009, 03:38 AM
I don't like running over anything and have avoided it where feasible; I think I've only hit a couple birds or squirrels that ran right out in front of my car. But if I thought there was the slightest possibility that slowing down or swerving to avoid that bunny could result in an accident, I would run it over in a heart beat and I would not feel guilty.

EDIT:
I am a good driver (and male)*

I'd just brake and move off the road.

Those are incompatible options. :p

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-05-2009, 03:45 AM
I hit a pigeon once. It was just sitting in the middle of road and bump, I hit it. It can fucking fly, what the hell was it doing in the middle of the road? I didn't feel the slightest bit of guilt. Stupid fucking bird. It deserved to die.

Denmark
08-05-2009, 03:55 AM
The only animals I would stop for/avoid are those that could do damage to my car (deer, etc). Deer especially are too stupid to move. Anything that won't do damage and is too stupid to move? Natural selection.

drotato
08-05-2009, 04:40 AM
I'm a pretty good driver so far.

And b, duh. What if it's a rapist? /:

ChaosWolf
08-05-2009, 05:03 AM
If the animal happens to be a cat or a chihuahua I'll floor it.:|

Crimson
08-05-2009, 06:15 AM
Animal on the road?

Fresh meat.

Vermachtnis
08-05-2009, 06:32 AM
The only animal I've hit was an opossum. And there's a chance it was already dead. And I've already swerved to avoid a squirrel. So I guess swerving to avoid a bigger animal wouldn't be a big problem.

theundeadhero
08-05-2009, 08:46 AM
I was hoping the car was following me to stalk me and my car would break down or something :(

Rodarian
08-05-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm a good driver and yes I yes I would hit the poor ting straight on....

Its actually a natural reflex to swerve but that causes accidents.

Unless its a moose....THAT you have to brake and swerve.....

fire_of_avalon
08-05-2009, 02:10 PM
I am a good driver and female. And I wouldn't swerve and crash. If I had to hit it, I'd hit it and cry. But if there were a way to avoid hitting it and not dying, I'd do that.

Raistlin
08-05-2009, 02:41 PM
There's apparently 0 bad female drivers at EoFF. I'm pretty sure that's a statistical impossibility.

Peegee
08-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Whatever.

I am a good driver. The only thing I have been caught doing are speeding infractions.

I have been in two collisions. One is hitting a car that was parked, and that was very early in my driving career. The second was no-fault on my part as two cars hit me when I was stopped in the highway.

If there were no cars behind me and an animal ran in front of me, and I judged that I could not stop in time, I would break anyway and hit it at a lower velocity / possibly stop in time. If I don't, c'est la vie, but I would be forever devastated.

I would not smash into a tree to avoid killing an animal though. That's just bad driving.

Rantz
08-05-2009, 03:42 PM
The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic background, is that we all believe we are above-average drivers.

rubah
08-05-2009, 04:38 PM
There's apparently 0 bad female drivers at EoFF. I'm pretty sure that's a statistical impossibility.

according to my stats, I'm a good driver. 0 accidents!

(close only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades, I've been told)

G13
08-05-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm Amish, but I'm on rumspringa, so don't ask the obvious question.

Psychotic
08-05-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm an okay driver. I think you need to have several years of driving experience before you can consider yourself a truly good driver.

As for the situation, I'd try for an emergency stop. If I don't stop in time, too bad. No way in hell am I swerving.

Lazy Bovine
08-05-2009, 04:59 PM
I am a good driver. So good that it annoys other drivers.

They call me names like "Sunday Driver" and shout mean things like, "Get off the :mad2:'n road!"

fire_of_avalon
08-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Well all drivers are good or bad comparatively. Am I a good driver compared to my sister? She's had 3 speeding tickets and she's totaled a car. The latter accident ended in serious injury for one of her friends.

I submarined someone once going about 15 mph. Other than that, nada. I have better reaction time than she does, I don't speed excessively, I never drink and drive and I don't text and drive.

But am I a good driver compared to, say, Mario Andretti? Noooooo.

Raistlin
08-05-2009, 05:28 PM
How about compared to Dale Earnhardt?

Rye
08-05-2009, 05:38 PM
I've not had any accidents, knock on wood and thank god. I'm a speedy driver, but a cautious one.

SomethingBig
08-05-2009, 06:15 PM
I'd say I'm a pretty good driver. I'm usually extremely careful on the road. I've been pulled over once by a power-tripping university cop and another time because my GPS told me to make a left turn in a no-left intersection. I had been driving for 4 years and these just happened recently.

fire_of_avalon
08-05-2009, 06:29 PM
How about compared to Dale Earnhardt?

Considering the fact that Sterling Marlin nudged him into the wall, setting off the accident that caused his untimely and truthfully tragic death, I'd say that he was probably a much better driver than me. The fact that he was a champion driver several times over clinches it, I think.

Weenie.

Dynast-Kid
08-05-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm currently learning how to drive, and i'm not exactly that great yet...but I have made improvements! I used to get the gas and brakes missed up! :bigsmile:

Levian
08-05-2009, 07:56 PM
In theory I'd run over the little bastard causing no danger to the traffic, but in the heat of the moment I would probably swerve off the road and hitting an old woman raking her lawn, splitting her body in two and pinning her bottomless torso to a fairly large rock formation. Then I'd probably take over her life, starting where she left off with raking her lawn. Hopefully nobody will ever notice we swapped lives.

Anyway, horrible driver.

Rase
08-05-2009, 08:19 PM
I am a good driver and male. Too bad no one else in the state of Missouri is a decent driver.

Also, if the animal was small enough I'd hit it. If it's like a lab or something I'd probably reflexively swerve and hit it as it tried to dodge the same way.