PDA

View Full Version : Bloody jerks

Raistlin
08-06-2009, 04:12 AM
So I was talking about FFT recently, which inevitably reminded me how freaking annoying Algus is. He's only in part of the beginning of the game, but he quickly establishes himself as a douche of monumental proportions.

What video game character makes you want to punch him in his stupid, obnoxious face? Doesn't necessarily have to just be the jerks, or even playable characters (Algus is an NPC). Let us vent about all the characters that so annoyed and frustrated us.

SomethingBig
08-06-2009, 04:33 AM
Tidus. AW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW!

Seymour. Fighting him once was enough, but 3 times? Get outta here.

Vaan because Basch was originally supposed to be the main character of FFXII. Squenix was afraid that a manly character like Basch wouldn't be popular, so they threw in Princess Vaan.

Bolivar
08-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Oh man, Cezary, this male Sniper who inherently sucks in Valkyria Chronicles. He would complain every time I selected him, missed quite a lot, and was such a prick that when I let him die he even told me he wanted to be a Sniper to avoid combat.

When he got killed I didn't even bother to send someone to recover him. A couple of Squad 7 were KIA at the end of the game, but he's the only one I didn't give a smurf about.

Crimson
08-07-2009, 03:08 AM
Rinoa.

For being the most annoying, whiny, childish, stupid female lead in the entire goddamn game.

I mean come on, Garnet might've pulled some retarded *oh :bou::bou::bou::bou: now we gotta go save her ass damnit" stunts but at least she maintained a decent personality.

"Squall, im scared...im really really scared"

This girl makes me want to kick small animals.

The Space Pope
08-07-2009, 03:38 AM
I'd like to punch Wakka in the throat because of his annoying speech patterns, ya?

Then I'd poop on him

KentaRawr!
08-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Thanks for reminding me of Algus. I hated that guy!

sephireland
08-07-2009, 03:47 PM
The entire Disney cast from Kingdom Hearts immediately come to mind.

Crimson
08-07-2009, 04:50 PM

Are you kidding me?

Goofy being himself was the only reason that I was able to finish Kingdom Hearts 2.

Vermachtnis
08-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Leon from Star Ocean 2. That brat was annoying.

qwertysaur
08-07-2009, 06:17 PM
GLaDOS. My poor companion cube :(
And I want my caaaaake

Jessweeee♪
08-07-2009, 06:41 PM
GLaDOS. My poor companion cube :(
And I want my caaaaake

Cubeeeeeey ;_;

SomethingBig
08-07-2009, 07:20 PM

I would actually say the Squenix originals in KH were irritating. I don't think I would've even gotten through half of KH2 if it wasn't for the Disney characters.

Laddy
08-07-2009, 07:39 PM
I found Quayle to be annoying in Baldur's Gate I and II. He's meant to be 'funny' but he's a dick.

Zeromus_X
08-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Oh yeah Algus was a big jerk. Finally getting to beat him up was pretty satisfying.

At first, Luke in Tales of the Abyss. Then after his Character Development, the rest of the party became big jerks to him in reverse for a while.

Alegretto in Eternal Sonata. His teasing of Beat can be downright insensitive sometimes, especially when he makes fun of the camera Beat's grandfather gave him.

sir helix
08-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Virgil and the rest of the cast from the Xenosaga games, when he become the blue testiment he whines and complaines about everything, KOS-MOS killed him, He Blew himself up saving a half human/ realian that saved his life to begin with, then he friggen cheats by summoning a friggen rock lobster (couldnt resist), and after killing him it leadsyou to being pissed off asyou fight the other testiments cus Black (voyager) is way to simple. And White (Albido) whines so much, his charecter was completly ruined in the third game, I mean a man who can only be defeated by taking off his arms and he can grow them back (which sucks). Red testiment (Kevin) plays with ppls hearts. My favorite charecter Gainun jr (Jr) is the horseman of war for christ sakes and yet he sometimes sucks in battle, because every one of his damn atks are long ranged. Ziggurat 8 (Ziggy) had a way cool weapon in episode 1 but lost it in the two sequals. Chaos' shorts reveal way to much.....

Sword
08-08-2009, 12:28 AM
Vaan because Basch was originally supposed to be the main character of FFXII. Squenix was afraid that a manly character like Basch wouldn't be popular, so they threw in Princess Vaan.

They didn't think a manly character would be popular, but they thought NOT telling a story was a good idea? The FFXII team had their priorities all wrong :mad:.

I'd love to slap "Ashe". She was a bitch. Every time I heard her talk I was like "shut up bitch".

The secretary of defence Jim Houseman (I think that was his name) from Metal Gear Solid 1. He was a massive douche, even though he only said about 10 sentences.

krissy
08-08-2009, 12:31 AM
yeah if there's a series that makes me hate the main villains its mgs

Jojee
08-09-2009, 01:35 AM
Algus, yeah. And Eiko. I want to punch Eiko and make her put on some pants every time I see her.

Raistlin
08-09-2009, 01:36 AM
Here's another one that anyone who's played the game will agree with: Snowe from Suikoden IV. HUGE douchebag that you want to kill time and time again, and the worst part is that you actually could but it'd eliminate all chances of getting the best ending. Argh.

Agent Proto
08-09-2009, 02:00 AM
At first, Luke in Tales of the Abyss. Then after his Character Development, the rest of the party became big jerks to him in reverse for a while.

oh, most definitely Luke in the first half of the game. He was all 'Bitch bitch bitch, whine whine whine, I just want to go home, blah blah blah, that I wished someone show him a thing or two or else I quit the game. It was only because he became tolerable enough in the second half that I managed to finish the game.

Jowy
08-09-2009, 02:03 AM
Urgh, Snowe was a whiny little bitch. I wanted to take Milich Oppenheimer's head off too. The first time I played through Tales of Symphonia, I called Kratos a dick very loudly about seven hours into the game.