PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

G13
08-07-2009, 12:22 AM
YouTube - kingdom hearts-birth by sleep (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vQrq-41bYM)

I got chills when I watched this.

Prequel to Kingdom Hearts, it takes place 10 years before the first. The three armor clad heroes, Aqua, Terra, and Ventus, are Keyblade apprentices searching for their master, Xahanort, and one other apprentice.

Shiny
08-07-2009, 02:42 AM
Wow, this is the first time I've actually been excited for a KH game. This looks like it's going to be pretty interesting. I love the song too; especially when that bridge kicks in at 3:12.

Melissaur
08-07-2009, 03:14 AM
It looks pretty epic, imo!

Wolf Kanno
08-07-2009, 04:17 AM
I have to hate Kingdom Hearts a bit. KH2 killed any interest I may have had for the plot and then they release two prequels which seem to be telling me the stories I wanted KH2 to tell, so yeah... I really am looking forward to Birth by Sleep and 358/2... I'm such a tool :(

Crimson
08-07-2009, 04:54 AM
Not trying to kill anyone's thunder, but this is really REALLY old.

G13
08-07-2009, 05:40 AM
Well I didn't see any threads on the subject. Old or not, I'm sure there are some people who didn't know about it, like me for example, and I thought I'd share it with the good people of EoFF.

McLovin'
08-07-2009, 09:45 AM
When's this coming out anyways?

G13
08-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Japan gets it fall or winter, I can't remember. TBA anywhere else.

Ouch!
08-07-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm fairly certain it's a late 2009 release in Japan.

This is the one Kingdom Hearts spin-off that I'm really interested. My excitement for 358/2 Days is so non-existent, that if I wasn't a bit compulsive about this kind of thing, I'd just read a plot summary for it.

sir helix
08-07-2009, 06:37 PM
hey not trying to go off topic but does anyone know when 358/2 days comes out

qwertysaur
08-07-2009, 07:59 PM
hey not trying to go off topic but does anyone know when 358/2 days comes outUS: September 29
Europe: October 9

Sword
08-08-2009, 12:39 AM
You people who JUST found out about this are lucky since you have less time to wait. I've been waiting for this game for years. They better not stall with the european release *shakes fist*.

Ouch!
08-08-2009, 01:08 AM
If the minor difference in release dates for 358/2 Days is any indication, Birth By Sleep will see PAL shores shortly after an NA release.

Crimson
08-08-2009, 06:40 AM
hey not trying to go off topic but does anyone know when 358/2 days comes outUS: September 29
Europe: October 9

Though if you live in europe and your really impatient you can always just import the american version.

DS is region free.

Wolf Kanno
09-06-2009, 07:18 AM
Not sure if this is new but it looks like SE has a site set up for the Japanese version.

KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/bbs/)

PuPu
01-25-2010, 01:32 AM
So I'm just wondering how many of you have been keeping up with BBS events. I've seen the endings for all three characters. Thoughts?

I think that the KH series would have been fine without all of the explanations in these side games, but it's still interesting to know what's going on nonetheless.

P4ine
01-25-2010, 10:23 AM
I really like the series, but let's be honest: Birth by Sleep isn't really necessary. Neither is 358/2 Days or Coded.

Imagine the very last scenes in KH2 -the one in which Sora, Riku and Kairi get the letter from the King and the one Terra, Aqua and Ven can be seen in the Keyblade Graveyard- hadn't been in the game, I think the story would have been complete then.. But well, Nomura and Square Enix love money, I guess.

However I too have watched all the endings there are to BBS and well, okay, it is interesting, and the secret ending even now gives me the creeps, but still.. The series would have done too without BBS, Coded and Days. Period.

Edit: Oh yeah, KH2 Final Mix+ too wasn't necessary for the plot. It just gave birth to Birth by Sleep..

Ouch!
01-26-2010, 04:24 PM
I think you're severely underestimating how much Birth By Sleep will explain. As for Days, I'm willing to agree with that. Days answered a few questions that most people didn't really worry too much about. I don't see how the origins of the keyblade or Xehanort's backstory are in anyway irrelevant to the overall plot of Kingdom Hearts. In fact, given that it's becoming entirely likely that Xehanort will return (likely revived after having both his heartless and nobody destroyed) in some form for Kingdom Hearts 3, making Birth By Sleep even more necessary.

Rostum
01-30-2010, 02:36 AM
I really like the series, but let's be honest: Birth by Sleep isn't really necessary. Neither is 358/2 Days or Coded.

Imagine the very last scenes in KH2 -the one in which Sora, Riku and Kairi get the letter from the King and the one Terra, Aqua and Ven can be seen in the Keyblade Graveyard- hadn't been in the game, I think the story would have been complete then.. But well, Nomura and Square Enix love money, I guess.

However I too have watched all the endings there are to BBS and well, okay, it is interesting, and the secret ending even now gives me the creeps, but still.. The series would have done too without BBS, Coded and Days. Period.

Edit: Oh yeah, KH2 Final Mix+ too wasn't necessary for the plot. It just gave birth to Birth by Sleep..

Well, in that case why don't we just stop making movies and story driven games? That way we won't have to worry about being bothered to actually see them. (i.e. Your post doesn't make sense)

Sephiroth
02-01-2010, 07:49 PM
I have Birth by Sleep and I love it. Because it explains the most important thing which was necessary to be explained: Xehanort's story. Why do we see a youn Xehanort in a Kingdom Hearts II flashback while the Birth by Sleep Xehanort is an old keyblade master? Everyone who knows Unlimited SaGa and has finished Judy's story (with beating the antagonist of her story part - Clyde Blackstorm) can think what happens - but doesn't know how it happens. Plus, the secret ending explains very much and proclaims the sequel of Kingdom Hearts II - and I hope it is the final part because it is enough of the main story. Xehanort shall return fight Sora, Riku and Kairi, Happy End, finished. That's what I want.

To Birth by Sleep itself - I really love it. As much as every other part of the story.

Neonleo
02-04-2010, 10:15 PM
From what I heard it's not really a prequel but more of both a prequel to the first game and a sequel to Kingdom Hearts 2. Only matters either way you look at it though. And it also plays a real big part in the Kingdom Hearts Franchise explaining a lot of big issues that are needed to be solved.

Mercen-X
02-06-2010, 07:18 PM
I was writing a story that's a sequel with so many flashbacks it might as well be a prequel.