PDA

View Full Version : Nibble nib.

Rye
08-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Today, I was whining at work about how I can't find a cheap place to get my nails done. I've not gotten my nails done this entire summer, because it costs too much now that I'm over 100 miles away from a nail salon that gave me major student discounts. I bite my nails nearly constantly, sometimes until my fingers bleed. If I don't have fake nails on, my fingers look like little war scenes and makes me feel ashamed. I'm a hand in the pocket girl.

One of the ladies I worked told me to stop biting my nails When I told her I've been doing it since I pretty much COULD bite my nails, she told me to stop anyway. Which is the most useless thing to say, because I've been trying forever, and nothing I've done works. The only thing that helps is when I have fake nails on. And when they're off, I take it up immediately again. Ugh. :(

tl:dr: Do you bite your nails? If you don't, are you one of those people who thinks it's easy to stop?

~*~Celes~*~
08-07-2009, 12:55 AM
I used to but I managed to force myself to stop when I decided i wanted to grow my nails out again. ever since, I don't bite anymore. :jess:

G13
08-07-2009, 01:08 AM
Yeah I do. It's just an absentminded tick I have. I've stopped before but somehow got started again. My fingers look a lot like war scenes too, one nail looks like it got caught in the barbed wire.

rubah
08-07-2009, 01:26 AM
I don't bite my nails as much if I paint them with clear polish. Mostly because it's nasty when it flakes off in my mouth.

Rye
08-07-2009, 01:27 AM
I tried that too, but it ends up making me sick because I'll bite my nails, polish and all. :(

The Space Pope
08-07-2009, 01:31 AM
This is why hooves are superior to your foolish human hands. Oooh opposable thumbs, big whoop.

Parker
08-07-2009, 01:39 AM
Bad habits are easier to break than you think, and you're all willpowerless noobz :cool:

Rye
08-07-2009, 01:46 AM
It's more than I do it completely unconsciously. Next thing I realize, I have my nails in my mouth and I'm nibbling and I'm like UGH NOOO.

rubah
08-07-2009, 01:49 AM
you could always put bandaids on all your fingers xD

G13
08-07-2009, 01:50 AM
@Parker
Hey, quitting sucking my thumb was the hardest thing I ever had to do, but I did it.

Rye
08-07-2009, 01:50 AM
I was flirting with the idea of wearing disposable lab gloves all of the time, but I figured people would LAFF.

Band-aids are cute though. Hello Kitty on every finger. Typing at work though would be a huge pain. :(

Parker
08-07-2009, 01:54 AM
Isn't there that unpleasant-tasting stuff they give to children (heh. noob.) to stop them from chewing thier nails? I'm guessing you've tried that but if not you should!!!

Del Murder
08-07-2009, 01:56 AM
I bite them constantly. My girlfriend tells me to stop but she isn't with me all the time!

I wish I could stop but it's reflex. :(

Rye
08-07-2009, 02:22 AM
Isn't there that unpleasant-tasting stuff they give to children (heh. noob.) to stop them from chewing thier nails? I'm guessing you've tried that but if not you should!!!

Tried it. :(

I bite them constantly. My girlfriend tells me to stop but she isn't with me all the time!

I wish I could stop but it's reflex. :(

We're one and the same! People ask me if I'm nervous and if that's why I do it, but it's NOT. I just do it all of the time. Though I do it worst of all when I'm nervous.

The Space Pope
08-07-2009, 02:26 AM
Maybe you could try filing your teeth down to a fine point so when you try biting your nails you'll end up taking off a chunk of your finger? That'd make me stop in a hurry.

Crimson
08-07-2009, 02:51 AM
Funny enough, I used to do it, but some time last June I just stopped and was somehow able to kick the habit.

Dont have a clue how. O_o

Raistlin
08-07-2009, 03:37 AM
I used to bite my nails a lot in middle school/early high school but I made myself stop. So yeah, it's not impossible.

Madame Adequate
08-07-2009, 04:11 AM
I did it to annoy Granny because she hates nail-biting. Then it became a habit for real. Which, in retrospect, is pretty amusing. I stopped in the end up not for a few years.

Peegee
08-07-2009, 04:55 AM
I don't bite my nales but I do crack my knuckels.

I asked a chiropractor but he said as liong as my hand does't fall off it's okay. ub ti don't believe him. I heard chiropractors aren't real doctors anwyay so whoc ares right?

Raistlin
08-07-2009, 05:14 AM
From my understanding there's currently no evidence that cracking your knuckles is harmful, even long-term.

The Space Pope
08-07-2009, 05:33 AM
True, all you're doing is releasing pockets of air when you do it.

Quindiana Jones
08-07-2009, 11:54 AM
I CAN'T STOP! :(

Rodarian
08-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Hmmm I know a way to stop the habit!

Simply remove all of your fingernails...Problem solved! :greenking:

Rantz
08-07-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm not as bad as I used to be but I still bite them if I haven't cut them in a while.