PDA

View Full Version : FindingOne

Ouch!
08-07-2009, 10:19 AM
I've ran into many couples who play Final Fantasy XI over the years. My endgame shell is currently run by two couples, and has many other couples in the member base as well. Hell, my girlfriend even tried her hand at playing for a while. However, this reaches a new low for me.

Today, while wandering around Whitegate, I encountered a shout.

Artix : New {Linkshell} FindingOne Social/Dating LS {English} only and age 17-25 {/tell} Artix if {interest}ed age is flexible

I don't even know how to feel about this.

Del Murder
08-08-2009, 04:26 AM
Did they deny your app or something?

Ouch!
08-08-2009, 04:46 AM
I think Artix actually blacklisted me, which is totally unjust. I wasn't bashing the linkshell at all. Other people were ripping on him in shouts in Whitegate. It slowly deteriorated into a huge argument.

Artix : If you don't like it, just blist or ignore me!
Ouch : But if I blist you, how will I get my lulz?

At this point, his shout had become four lines long, and he was encouraging singles and couples to join. I just asked that because he was only advertising for singles and couples if swingers were right out. He didn't like that much.

Crimson
08-08-2009, 06:28 AM
Ah, the wonders of the Shout chat Drama.

*reminisces of rappelz Shout chat*

Miriel
08-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Oh my god. xDDD

Couples who MMORPG together stay together. Except you know, when one person decides to have an internet relationship with a dashing Paladin they met while partying one night. :greenie:

Rostum
08-14-2009, 11:51 PM
It's not too different to Internet dating sites. I don't really see anything wrong with it - I know of one guy who ended up marrying the girl he met over World of Warcraft, and a couple years later they are still very happy together. I also have a personal friend who met his girlfriend over an MMO and they have been going out for around 3-4 years now.

So really, to me it's just like meeting anyone else over the Internet, which works for some and might not work for others. However, I personally believe there are better ways of meeting people than through an MMO.

Loony BoB
08-15-2009, 09:20 AM
*counts* Since joining EoFF, I've had six members as girlfriends at some point or another. You can start up relationships pretty much anywhere these days. But as for a person actually advertising themselves, I'm just not sure if that's the best way to go about it :p