PDA

View Full Version : A police officer attempts to stop a car for speeding...

Unbreakable Will
08-08-2009, 04:35 PM
and the guy gradually increases his speed until he's topping 100 mph. He eventually realizes he can't escape and finally pulls over.

The cop approaches the car and says, "It's been a long day and my tour is almost over, so if you can give me a good excuse for your behavior, I'll let you go." The guy thinks for a few seconds and then says, "My wife ran away with a cop about a week ago. I thought you might be that officer trying to give her back!"

Alright so two days ago I got pulled over for speeding.... it was a 40 mph zone and I was doing about 65. This cop just comes out of nowhere and pulls me over, damn ninja cop. He was actually a pretty nice guy, just doing his job. I asked if there was anyway to let me off with a warning but he couldn't, sigh... if only I had boobs for 10 minutes I would have gotten away with it.

So have you ever been pulled over?
Ladies, have you ever used your womanly charms to uh, get out of a ticket?

Freya
08-08-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm usually too cocky. I mean I could! But i'm too cocky to not make witty sarcastic comments.

Rye
08-08-2009, 04:50 PM
I got pulled over when I was driving and getting my father from Manhattan because he had an accident and had to go to the hopsital, early this week, actually. Manhattan driving laws are retarded, and I had literally a bumper into the pedestrian crossing block because I got kind of cornered into it, though it's hard to explain how. In Midtown, there are cops waiting on every block corner with the single purpose of just giving people tickets when they're cornered in. My Dad was like "I NEED TO GO THE HOSPITAL MY DAUGHTER IS JUST TRYING TO GET ME THERE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE" and the officer let us go, without me even having to say anything. It was so weird, it hardly feels real now. That said, that was the first and last time you'll find me driving in Midtown Manhattan. I much prefer taking the train.

That aside, no. I pretty much speed as much as I like. I know where the police are on the parkway and I slow down at those spots.

Raistlin
08-08-2009, 05:17 PM
My first time I was ever pulled over I got a ticket for failure to signal a lane change (which I always signal, for the record). I was polite, but the cop was apparently a stuck-up jerk. The judge (I had a mandatory court date because I was under 18) even admitted that he had never seen a ticket for that before.

Delaware cops are notorious for being hardasses.

Vermachtnis
08-08-2009, 05:32 PM
I've never been pulled over. I've gotten other people pulled over by pretending to race them and slow down when a checkpoint and coming up and they go ZOOM and policer WRRRRR and go LOL

Shoeberto
08-08-2009, 05:45 PM
I haven't been pulled over, though I guess I've had some close calls - doing 5-10 over the limit with a radar gun pointed straight at me. But I think that most of the time they're gunning for the people doing 20+ over, so it hasn't been a problem really.

Meat Puppet
08-08-2009, 05:57 PM
<J>One time, when cruising the through those dirty old country roads with a friend from way back, he got pulled over for speeding. He didn’t exactly have the appropriate license (all this red tape) to be harboring an unlicensed passenger, so the cop asked
<tt>PASSENGER DO YOU HAVE A LICENSE</tt>
But I didn’t really know he was talking to me, because I had kind of tuned out so I didn’t have to experience the horrors. He asked again
<tt>PASSENGER DO YOU HAVE A LICENSE</tt>
and my friend proceeded to elbow me so I snapped out of it, and answered the officer. Boy, did I feel stupid! To this day I don’t know why my friend couldn’t have just pretended I was retarded or something. I’m as good a liar as the next guy!</J>

Sephex
08-08-2009, 06:18 PM
I got pulled over three times.

1) Got pulled over and admitted right off the bat that I was going 15mph over. Since I was so close to my destination (the cop asked where I was going), he let me off.

2) Again, 15mph over. The cop gave me a ticket, but modified it in such a way where all I would have to do it pay it off on time and it would not go on my record.

3) 10mph over. I think the cop saw that I had no record at all and cut me a break. He just said that he would give me a seat belt violation ticket, and all I would have to do it pay it off. Record would remain clean.

I got lucky all three times.

Unbreakable Will
08-08-2009, 10:35 PM
^yeah I got really lucky, neither me or nikki were wearing our seatbelts. I guess he knsoew that but cut me me slack on it since I already had a $200 fine, I guess he didnt wanna see me pay a $700 instead

Bunny
08-08-2009, 10:50 PM
I've never been pulled over for nothin'

qwertysaur
08-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Never got a ticket. A friend knows a guy who got a ticket for speeding on a bicycle though :p

rubah
08-09-2009, 12:55 AM
my car is pretty unobtrusive, I guess. I've never been pulled over.

Jojee
08-09-2009, 01:42 AM
I've never been pulled over. It's <i>amazing</i>. ^o^

Denmark
08-09-2009, 02:02 AM
Pulled over twice in the same summer (2 years ago).

1. 46 in a 30 zone. Got a ticket for this one. Cop was an arrogant prick.

2. 52 in a 30 zone. No ticket for this one. Cop was a nice guy (and it may have helped that I was very close to home after driving 3 hours in the morning).

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-09-2009, 02:44 AM
I've not been pulled over yet which is half luck but probably because, most of the time, I don't give anyone a reason to pull me over. I try my best not to speed (but sometimes I do) mainly because airlines don't look kindly upon speeding tickets. And seeing as I'd actually like to have my dream job one day I try to be a good little boy on the roads.

Samuraid
08-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Been fortunate so far...
There have certainly been times I've deserved tickets.

Quindiana Jones
08-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Pigs don't catch me.

Unbreakable Will
08-09-2009, 02:39 PM
^I'm telling the Unstoppable Pig you said that.

Namelessfengir
08-09-2009, 02:40 PM
i got a parking ticket for blocking a driveway i didn't know was there and $100 fine for this http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn90/k4m3j0/100_1821_small.jpg other than that i never deal with cops

fastest ive gone is 90+ in a thirty but it was a dirt road about 15 miles straight

Rodarian
08-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Never been ticketed but got pulled over on a long weekend a year back. Was the DD for mates after a night out. Anyhow this cop pulls me over and sticks his face right into my personal space. Was as polite as I can be but he was a real jerk off... Anyhow I got out took a breathalyzer and was very much under the limit.. He gave me a a snotty look and told me bugger off!

Asinine!

Aerith's Knight
08-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Never been pulled over. I'm awsome like that.

Unbreakable Will
08-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Well, being pulled over wasn't half as bad nor as terrifying as hitting a brand new PT Cruiser in the middle of Clarksville's ghetto. I'm sorry if this next bit is slightly racist, but I was only there taking a shortcut a friend had told me to take (should have known better) and I was the only whitey in sight for blocks. I was pulling up to a stop light and I pulled up a little too far and this PT comes out of nowhere and hits my front bumper. Their doors where crushed in and my bumper is STILL frankensteined together from it bc I dont have the money to fix it. If I hadn't hit that white guy and his hilariously claustrophobic wife (the doors wouldnt open in a small space and she freaked) I would have pulled a Yars and gotten the smurf out of there.