PDA

View Full Version : Name

Laddy
08-08-2009, 10:10 PM
What is your name? Do you like your name? What names do you like? What names do you hate?

Let's talk names.

Bunny
08-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Alexandre Gustav Mikhaile is my full and real name.

Tama2
08-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Tyler. I'm suppose to tile roofs.

Rye
08-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Jessica. It's pretty, and it suits me, in that I can't see myself being anything but a Jess, but it's boring. I don't like the idea of sharing a name with so many people.

Madame Adequate
08-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Huxley Mikoyan-Gurevich.

:cool:

LunarWeaver
08-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Kyle is okay, I guess. But it's no Kristian Breinholt Iversen!

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Robert (Anglo-Saxon "bright fame"), though everyone calls me Bobby. :D I do not mind it. Annoyed by the fact that I am named after my dad and his dad while my sister had gotten a completely original name. Then again, they were going to call me William....ewww...No offense to any of those here, just not a name that suits me.

Nominus Experse
08-08-2009, 11:36 PM
fweedssd

Blue Harvest
08-09-2009, 12:58 AM
My real name is known by only a few select people who bug me to tell them or find me on facebook through the EoFF group. To the rest of you it's the nickname derived from my username here.

Raistlin
08-09-2009, 01:10 AM
My real name is Wesley, and I don't hate it or love it; it's simply my name. I don't really care about most names in general enough to love or hate them.

krissy
08-09-2009, 01:12 AM
my name issss kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid

Momiji
My real name is Justin, and it's okay, considering my mom wanted to name me Nicholas, which is just a name I could never see myself having. :-/

krissy
KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROOOOOCK

qwertysaur
qwerty qwerty qwert~

Jojee
08-09-2009, 01:20 AM
Yuejiao. It's cool. ^_^

Shauna
08-09-2009, 02:42 AM
Shauna. It's decent enough, I suppose. Can't imagine having any other name. :D

Mogi
08-09-2009, 02:46 AM
David.
It's horrible D:
There are so many Davids that I don't even answer to my name. I always expect that whoever is calling me is actually calling one of the other five Davids in the room.

I would honestly change my name to Mogi, but I can't be bothered to deal with all the legal stuff involved.

rubah
08-09-2009, 02:46 AM
I love being named Allison :D

Yar
08-09-2009, 02:50 AM
I would have prefer my mom's "if it's a girl" name, regardless of my gender. :/

sir helix
08-09-2009, 02:51 AM
its kris columbus but my real names is s...t a...n h...t, and thats all your gettin el oh el

Unbreakable Will
08-09-2009, 03:13 AM
William Conner Horton is my full name, but I have many nicknames; Will, Willy, Wilhiem, Will-Bear(Nikki only :P), Wilson(hell if I know), Sir-William, UnbreakableWill, SuperWill(Nikki only again :P),Conrad, Horton-hears-a-Who, Horton-hears-a-Jew.
I love my name, William means "Bold protector, Guardian" and it's what I am to my close friends and family. I try to live up to it's meaning.
I could also see me having the name Vincent. :P
Yes, as in my favortie FF Character of all time. I AM NOT a fanboy Nikki >:P

DarkBahamut
08-09-2009, 03:39 AM
My names means "the Great Income."

Fuzakeru
08-09-2009, 03:56 AM
I always liked the name Rupert! I wish my name was Rupert!

Momiji
08-09-2009, 04:35 AM
I'll call you Rupert from now on then ;D

Laddy
08-09-2009, 05:54 AM
Don't you ever complain about having a common name, Mogi.

Try being a Michael for a day and see how it it. =/ It's not a bad names, it's so plain, though. I'd prefer being named Ashley, Eric, or Ian.

Denmark
08-09-2009, 05:59 AM
Robert (Anglo-Saxon "bright fame"), though everyone calls me <s>Bobby</s> Rob. :D I do not mind it. Not really Annoyed by the fact that I am named after my dad's middle name <s>and his dad</s> while my <s>sister</s> brother had gotten a completely original name. <s>Then again, they were going to call me William....ewww...No offense to any of those here, just not a name that suits me.</s>

I know more Roberts now than I did when I was in high school. Not so many that it's annoying though (i.e. I'm glad my name isn't Michael)

Vermachtnis
08-09-2009, 06:07 AM
Brandon, I find it boring. So I started going by DeWayne, my middle name.

FFIX Choco Boy
08-09-2009, 06:43 AM
Kyle here, but I always liked the name Leon.

Vice Nebulosa
08-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Eric is the name that was chosen for me. I am fairly alright with it; although I find it a strange-sounding name when spoken in modern contexts, the Nordic reference pleases the mythology buff in me for some reason. :cool:

Names are odd. :erm: They are a practical necessity for our everyday lives, certainly, but that they are given without the consent of the actual recipients can have some pretty major consequences when it comes to basic social interactions. Whatever sequence of letters is selected for you will appear on your birth certificate, social insurance information, epitaph -- everything -- and it is unnerving to note that the selection method was probably based on parental preferences, and nothing in particular was done to earn it. That one should be most easily identified by one of the few things about one's identity that is completely controlled by others . . . is, again, quite odd. <_< >_>

Some of the Aboriginal traditions sound fairly interesting, what with the granting of names based upon a display of character under stress, and certainly there would be more pride associated with one's name under such circumstances than in our own culture . . . :\

rubah
08-09-2009, 07:27 AM
I think our society should incorporate Secret Names that you choose when you begin the road to adulthood, kinda like Confirmation names, without having to be catholic and it'd be secret only told in confidence to your true bosom friends or soulmates.

Jiro
08-09-2009, 07:28 AM
Tyler. I'm suppose to tile roofs.

I have a friend named Tyler Crack. No joke.

Jessweeee♪
08-09-2009, 07:29 AM
I love my full name, but Jessica alone is just too common :(

Even here people used to confuse me with Jess whenever she disappeared.

~*~Celes~*~
08-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Kari Ann Reigle. I like it well enough :D

Crimson
08-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Sean.

And I hate it because every 1/3 people I meet always pronounces it wrong. "-_-

Breine
08-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Kyle is okay, I guess. But it's no Kristian Breinholt Iversen!

:p

Well, yeah my full name is Kristian Breinholt Iversen. I like it. I think Kristian suits me, and I couldn't really imagine myself having another name.

theundeadhero
08-09-2009, 11:55 AM
I prefer most of the names people call me over my real name, but I can live with it. I like how most people who see me use my last name or something they made from it, preferably Sergeant J.

Sword
08-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Paul. I've always liked the name Leon though. If I ever have a son I'm naming him that.

Dethroned
08-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Brendon, although i dislike it, i don't know anyone else with the same spelling, so i guess it's a little unique

Shattered Dreamer
08-09-2009, 12:29 PM
My real name is Matthew after my grandfather but apparently he spelt his name Mathew but mine is 2 T's damn it. My friends call me Matt & to tell the truth I prefer it, I don't even answer to Matthew anymore:tongue:

Funnily enough it was this chick had a crush on in my teens who 1st called me Matt, so it kinda stuck after that.

scrumpleberry
08-09-2009, 12:56 PM
My name is stupid and I haet it forever >[

I don't really have a favourite at the minute. I go through phases. I have to say, I do like Agatha right now.

Quindiana Jones
08-09-2009, 02:31 PM
I like my name because it confuses the government and all learning establishments. And it gives me an excuse to tell some teachers off.

Rodarian
08-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Syed Murtaza Ali Bukhari

Dante WolfWood
08-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Daxell is my name. odd, unusual, and kinda funny sounding. I like it!

Jess
08-09-2009, 08:15 PM
I like being a Jessica.

My favourite name is Skye. :jess:

Evastio
08-09-2009, 08:33 PM
I don't like my real name and that's why I don't like revealing it online.

(thinks of something different to say)

Besides the names I come up with like Evastio and Kyudi, I have to say I like the name Gareth a lot. Max is also a cool name.

G13
08-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Eric. I don't mind it. I think it means "Ever Ruler". I prefer to spell it Eirik, as it was spelled back in the day.

Rantz
08-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Pontus here!

Rocket Edge
08-09-2009, 11:38 PM
My name is Donal. It's Irish, and pronounced Do-nul. The ammount of people who pronounced it differantly is more than enough. Not too sure what it means either, but I know I was named after my grandad who shared the same name. I like it though, there isn't many Donal's around and it's quite unique.

Giggles
08-10-2009, 05:23 AM
I like my middle name because it is totally made up! I mean, really, I liked my first name a lot more before every 3 year old girl in Washington State was named Abby.

maiden = Abigail Lizanne Miller
married = Abigail Lizanne Chapman
go by Abby
nickname = Beas

I like my name!

G13
08-10-2009, 05:23 AM
Pontus here!

Oh, I thought it was just a nickname. That's a pretty cool name.

PeTeRL90
08-10-2009, 05:31 AM
I dunno. You tell me what my name is.

I was named after my uncle who died in a motorcycle accident before I was born but of course my name was only used for mocking me so I've heard it all before. My mom wanted to name me Brian though before my dad changed her mind at the last second.

Though if I have kids, I'm naming my first boy Angelo and my first girl Kayla.

Ouch!
08-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Zach is my name. For whatever reason, I've never been particularly fond of it. It doesn't particularly bother me to hear people call me Zach or anything, but I really just don't care for it. When I write, I go by R. W. Miller just because I don't like the sound of Zach.

My parents almost named me Quinn. That would have been preferable. Kind of a sissy name, and yet every Quinn I've met in my life (a surprisingly decent number) has been a bad ass.

Zeldy
08-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Amy Catherine. Amy means beloved in French or something, I geuss I like it as it's quite small and easy to say. I just hate that it can't ever really be abbreviated, so I feel like people full-name me all of the time and I don't like it!

Breine
08-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Pontus here!

I have to say Rantzien, your full name rocks! :cool:

Parker
08-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Parker is my real name. It's ok. It's a bit interesting, but not too interesting. Sometimes at parties I wish it was a normal name like Chris or something because I get a lot of people asking about it's origin etc, but I can deal with that.

TurkSlayer
08-14-2009, 05:12 AM
Dashiell, though I usually go by Dash.

Named after Dashiell Hammett, which was a source of infinite joy during my obsession with old noir films.

Lenna
08-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Tiffany is my first name but I've always hated it cause of all the stupid idiots that mocked me for it lol. Middle name is Rose, I like that bit.

Tbh I prefer being called Tiffie to Tiffany.

Croyles
08-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Ready for it????

Julio

yep, not a very common german name l0l. i prefer when you pronounce it like yu-li-o instead of the typical spanish and italian versions. :)

Now my surname, well, let me just say that it wouldnt pass the swear censor anyway so no point in posting it.

Timekeeper
08-14-2009, 01:51 PM

His father has a much more unfortunate first name which I wont share here :(

But as to my name, I don't mind it.
Nicholas can be nice and formal, whereas Nick is fairly casual. I like that.
It does come with the annoying ability to rhyme with many words, but I got over that...

I also like the fact that it is Greek; "Victory to the people!"

Croyles
08-14-2009, 04:32 PM

His father has a much more unfortunate first name which I wont share here :(

But as to my name, I don't mind it.
Nicholas can be nice and formal, whereas Nick is fairly casual. I like that.
It does come with the annoying ability to rhyme with many words, but I got over that...

I also like the fact that it is Greek; "Victory to the people!"

Charlie Crack?

Medi
08-14-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm not too fond of my name. John is my first name, and it's just so generic.

I wish my name just consisted of my middle and last: Stephen Herzog. Stephen means crown and Herzog is the German word for duke, so they go together pretty well. Herzog sounds a lot like some sort of German sausage, though.

I like the male names James and Aaron, and the female names Ellen and Julia.