PDA

View Full Version : Achievement

Heath
08-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Today I walked up Snowdon, which is the highest mountain in Wales and the highest in the UK outside of the Highlands, I believe. Up and down took about seven hours and the fact I was able to do it with relative ease really made me feel good about myself and how I've been getting into better shape recently.

I really like setting goals for myself, reaching them and then the ensuing sense of achievement afterwards. It's a nice feeling to know you've done something worthwhile.

What was the last thing you did that really felt like you did something worthwhile? Or that you really reached a goal that you set yourself?

Rye
08-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Wow, good job Mr. SUH! I've never been to a mountain before, or even anywhere near one. I only saw a mountain once, from Milan, Italy I saw the Alps, and that was soooo far away, an entire country away! The idea of mountains is so exciting to me.

Crimson
08-09-2009, 09:08 AM
I once tried to see if I could go 3 days without making a sarcastic, witty or insulting remark to anything.

I failed. :(

Madame Adequate
08-09-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm in the middle of the ongoing goal of writing my book. Every now and then I'll reach an arbitrary word milestone that makes me feel good. It's progressing well and I expect it should be finished before the end of summer!

scrumpleberry
08-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Wow, good job Mr. SUH! I've never been to a mountain before, or even anywhere near one. I only saw a mountain once, from Milan, Italy I saw the Alps, and that was soooo far away, an entire country away! The idea of mountains is so exciting to me.

what

WHAT

ROY GET BACK ON TO THOSE ALPS NOW GIRL WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

DO SOME MOUNTAIN CLIMBINGS DO IT THEY'RE SO BEAUTIFULLL

squiike
08-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Probably when i manage to climb hard routes.

Once i had to stay awake over 48 hours. I started hallucinating, falling asleep standing for seconds, but i managed.

Quindiana Jones
08-09-2009, 02:30 PM
I ran up the Cheviot.

Breine
08-09-2009, 02:45 PM
I've done treks in e.g. China, Nepal and Thailand. They're SO beautiful and very fulfilling afterwards. I'm very glad I did those.

Bunny
08-09-2009, 03:08 PM
I consider every day in which I wake up to be an achievement worth writing home about.

Rye
08-09-2009, 03:17 PM

what

WHAT

ROY GET BACK ON TO THOSE ALPS NOW GIRL WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

DO SOME MOUNTAIN CLIMBINGS DO IT THEY'RE SO BEAUTIFULLL

I WANT TO. I WANT TO TOUCH A MOUNTAIN MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE RIGHT NOW. :(

Psychotic
08-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Pfft I went up one of the Alps once, your achievement is nothing. :smug:

It was in a cable car. :-x

Rodarian
08-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Let the four months end....

black orb
08-10-2009, 11:58 PM
What was the last thing you did that really felt like you did something worthwhile? Or that you really reached a goal that you set yourself?
>>> When I finished college, the nightmare was finally over..