PDA

View Full Version : My chemical Romance

sir helix
08-09-2009, 03:17 AM
ok so Gerard way and his wife lyn-z just had there first child, a baby girl named Bandit Lee Way, G has anounced a few new project including a song about lemonade on the children's show 'yo gabba gabba', as wel as a song called 'death before disco' off the new album which has been called a true love letter to rock and roll. the album has been said to be released next year.

discuss your favorite songs, band members ans stunt about the group, and please no calling them emo and all that stuff cus theyre not.

Markus. D
08-09-2009, 04:34 AM
Helena still remains to this day: One of my favorite music videos and songs.

crashNUMBERS
08-09-2009, 05:02 AM
Supposedly this is their greatest song yet. (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/my_chemical_romance_write_their_greatest_song_yet.html)
Nothing compared to Blink's reunion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw21eJHGdpY) though.

Crimson
08-09-2009, 08:36 AM
MCR are a good band, not a personal favourite but I own all their albums from my olden days.

Anyone else checked out the ending song for FFVII:ACC sung by Kyosuke Himuro? It features Gerard Way.

Big D
08-09-2009, 09:48 AM
How does that song feature Gerard Way? If I remember right, it was recorded in the 1980s.

theundeadhero
08-09-2009, 11:32 AM
It's one of my favorite bands. The Ghost of You will always be epic.

Crimson
08-09-2009, 12:05 PM
How does that song feature Gerard Way? If I remember right, it was recorded in the 1980s.

The one for ACC not AC, Complete got a brand new ending. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9UDOrDVTbU)

Big D
08-09-2009, 12:10 PM
o, i c.

Breine
08-09-2009, 12:34 PM
I have a couple of friends that like them a lot. Personally I think they're okay. They've made a few songs that I like, e.g. "Helena".

I'll probably never buy any of their albums, though.

Shattered Dreamer
08-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge was one of my favorite albums as a teenager but after that for me they lost the plot. MCR got wrapped up in that emo bull$h*t and really played up to the label until they cast it aside when it wasn't "cool" anymore. I've no time for their music anymore.

Boney King
08-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Can't stand when people call this band emo, because it reminds me how much the concept of "emo" has changed since the 80's and even 90's.

Anyways MCR have their moments, and I think I'm in the minority when I say I actually like their cover of "Desolation Row".

Psychotic
08-09-2009, 05:57 PM
I fucking love the songs Teenagers and Welcome To The Black Parade. The rest of their songs are kinda eh though.

Zeldy
08-09-2009, 05:58 PM
I loved their older, more grungy songs from past albums. I really just do not like the stuff from 'Black Parade' and it's a shame!

Crimson
08-09-2009, 06:21 PM
They are emo.

And yes I know what your thinking, but no i'm actually using the PROPER term for "emo" before it was alienated into that hate stereotype, they are emotional.

crashNUMBERS
08-09-2009, 06:37 PM
In that case, anything from The Fray to Radiohead can be emo. You can't use that term too loosely. My Chemical Romance are given that musical label because of their appearance. Its in the same little league ballpark as the term "Hair metal".

The Black Parade brought them back a little attention, but I noticed they started to lose their cool after that.

Boney King
08-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Emo stood for emotional hardcore, i.e. bands like Rites of Spring, Moss Icon. It's only recently become a term for "emotional", which is the stupidest thing ever, but that's just the way it happened.

Crimson
08-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Emo stood for emotional hardcore, i.e. bands like Rites of Spring, Moss Icon. It's only recently become a term for "emotional", which is the stupidest thing ever, but that's just the way it happened.

Hardly, considering the "Emo" scene trend that so many people bash only came in during the late 90's which was long after emotional Hardore was around, the Emo style was an attempt at mixing Goth and the dreaded "Scene" look but due to it's popularity with teens it eventually overtook Goth as the typical "dark" stereotype. While i'm more of a goth/rocker myself I really dont sympathize with "Emo's" because half of them are a bunch of idiots and quite bluntly, posers.

Regardless, the "Emo" style needs to stop being confused with Emotional Hardcore because it's giving alot of good bands a bad name.

Momiji
08-09-2009, 09:03 PM
I used to be a huge fan of them, up until The Black Parade came out. Then it was kind of meh from there.

I always have liked the Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge album though.

Boney King
08-09-2009, 10:18 PM

Hardly, considering the "Emo" scene trend that so many people bash only came in during the late 90's which was long after emotional Hardore was around, the Emo style was an attempt at mixing Goth and the dreaded "Scene" look but due to it's popularity with teens it eventually overtook Goth as the typical "dark" stereotype. While i'm more of a goth/rocker myself I really dont sympathize with "Emo's" because half of them are a bunch of idiots and quite bluntly, posers.

Regardless, the "Emo" style needs to stop being confused with Emotional Hardcore because it's giving alot of good bands a bad name.
That's actually pretty much what I was saying.

Shattered Dreamer
08-09-2009, 11:19 PM

Defending emo music is pointless it was another fad that thank god passed by. Some kid who can't sing screaming down a microphone while a guitarist plays boring rifts which are mostly palm muting. The only thing worse than emo music is Indie music.

Indie a bunch of metro sexual retards with unwashed hair wearing their sisters jeans with boring guitar rifts that all sound the same. I'd rather listen to the next disposable X-Factor waste of space than listen to emo or indie music. Thank god both are dying out but god knows the next fad s will be twice as bad.

Apologies for the spirited attack I'm a musician & bad music upsets me:tongue::D

Boney King
08-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Hey I'm a musician too, and I respect where your opinion comes from. But there's good and bad in every genre of music.

Shattered Dreamer
08-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Hey I'm a musician too, and I respect where your opinion comes from. But there's good and bad in every genre of music.

Never truer words were spoken:D

sir helix
08-10-2009, 12:35 AM
They are emo.

And yes I know what your thinking, but no i'm actually using the PROPER term for "emo" before it was alienated into that hate stereotype, they are emotional.

thank you for sharing this. =)

my favorite moments on stage was when franki kicks gerard in th junk and breaks his own toe doing so.

When G got ticked about the band ppl trading girls back stage passes for flashing them, that was funny. Gerard has good morals.

Frank jumped onto bobs drums and took half of it down with him when the band was perfoming live for mtv (im not okay i promise).

my favorite song would have to be between head first for halos and the sharpist lives.

crashNUMBERS
08-10-2009, 02:06 AM
When I think of "Emo", music like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXrigmuK9_M) and this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOzVgm9LVw8) come to mind.

Crimson
08-10-2009, 10:47 AM

From my perspective you seemed to contradict yourself, you said it was always Emotional Hardcore which is true but then you said it only recently became "Emotional", thats where I got confused since only a few words back you said something different.

Unless when you said "Emotional" you actually meant the "Emo" hate stereotype, in which case your right and I agree with you.

Shattered Dreamer
08-10-2009, 11:47 AM

From my perspective you seemed to contradict yourself, you said it was always Emotional Hardcore which is true but then you said it only recently became "Emotional", thats where I got confused since only a few words back you said something different.

Unless when you said "Emotional" you actually meant the "Emo" hate stereotype, in which case your right and I agree with you.

Emotional Hardcore came about because none of the current crop of musicians were able to improve upon the Hardcore punk sound pioneered by band like Gorilla Biscuit, Quicksand, CIV, Youth Of Today & in later years Rival Schools. It's still inexcusable that they sought to replace such genius with some tragic spotty wanna be goth kids with floppy fringes who scream down the mic but they haven't got a note in their heads! Hardcore generally means Grindcore which equals screaming to cover up poor musical ability!

Crimson
08-10-2009, 12:21 PM

Emotional Hardcore came about because none of the current crop of musicians were able to improve upon the Hardcore punk sound pioneered by band like Gorilla Biscuit, Quicksand, CIV, Youth Of Today & in later years Rival Schools. It's still inexcusable that they sought to replace such genius with some tragic spotty wanna be goth kids with floppy fringes who scream down the mic but they haven't got a note in their heads! Hardcore generally means Grindcore which equals screaming to cover up poor musical ability!

Your right to an extent, but for the record, not even half of scream is even related to Emo, it originated in Metal, which is where it most shines.

Shattered Dreamer
08-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Your right to an extent, but for the record, not even half of scream is even related to Emo, it originated in Metal, which is where it most shines.

True it started mainly with Black Metal & Death Metal & still rains through with metal. But the difference between the metal screams from like for example Phil Anselmo(Pantera & Down) and the majority of "emo" (a term we're wearing out at this stage) singers is that in Pantera's music & most decent metal the screaming isn't being used to cover up lack of originality or talent. Gerard Way can't sing whatever way you look at it. Whenever the guy tries to hit a high note it sounds like a cat being murdered with a chainsaw with a blunt blade.

sir helix
08-10-2009, 06:47 PM
this is true but yet i still love his singing

Boney King
08-10-2009, 07:05 PM

Yeah sorry I was kind of on the phone while typing and my head was all over the place. My bad. :p

Crimson
08-10-2009, 11:10 PM

True it started mainly with Black Metal & Death Metal & still rains through with metal. But the difference between the metal screams from like for example Phil Anselmo(Pantera & Down) and the majority of "emo" (a term we're wearing out at this stage) singers is that in Pantera's music & most decent metal the screaming isn't being used to cover up lack of originality or talent. Gerard Way can't sing whatever way you look at it. Whenever the guy tries to hit a high note it sounds like a cat being murdered with a chainsaw with a blunt blade.

True, and nice example of Pantera, Killswitch Engage is another good Heavy Metal band for screaming.

Shame that Phil Anselmo is a bit of an ass :p

RIP Dimebag Darrel

Shattered Dreamer
08-11-2009, 11:27 PM

True, and nice example of Pantera, Killswitch Engage is another good Heavy Metal band for screaming.

Shame that Phil Anselmo is a bit of an ass :p

RIP Dimebag Darrel

Yeah Anselmo is a right douchebag:P I love Killswitch Engage. You should youtube some of their live shows they spend most of the time taking the pi$$!

We're going pretty off topic here reckon we're gonna need a rock & metal thread or maybe even a music forum:P

Mirage
07-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Implying some romance isn't chemical.

Shiny
07-05-2011, 10:46 AM
If your romance is chemical then you need to see a doctor because it's probably Herpes.