PDA

View Full Version : Reclamation

rubah
08-09-2009, 03:45 AM
Recall the <a href="http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/things/mess.jpg">picture</a> I posted a few days ago.

Think about that scene's progression, uninhabited but by dogs and cats for <em>three</em> years.

Yeah, I'm cleaning that up this week-end :rolleyes:

Like I told Shoeberto, I'm going to be surprised if I don't find a semi-intelligent species of dogfurmold.

Ever been to a toxic waste zone? Or seen fields (like in detroit) reclaimed by wildlife?

(there was a rat head and most of some poor cardinal's plumage in the corner we've already found. Not to mention dessicated granddaddy longlegs and spider eggsacs)

(I'm thinking it may be too late for this room ;o)

sir helix
08-09-2009, 03:55 AM
its not filthy its just lived in..........or is it?

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-09-2009, 04:07 AM
Someone left a computer with a CRT monitor on for 3 years?! Poor Mrs. Nature.

Unbreakable Will
08-09-2009, 04:11 AM
Good god Im burning with
Antici......
Whats all is in that room eh? Oh, sorry this is ADHD topped with a Rocky Horror Picture Show quote.
....pation, to see what else you find in that room.

krissy
08-09-2009, 04:11 AM
i originally thought this was a joke and the image came from the internet

then i realized

we are on the internet

Rye
08-09-2009, 04:21 AM
I've never been to any dumps before, unless Staten Island and New Jersey count. LOL JUST KIDDING ABOUT NEW JERSEY, DON'T KILL ME SOMETHINGBIG!

I'm not kidding about Staten Island, however. :colbert:

Wait, rat head? What?

Madame Adequate
08-09-2009, 04:23 AM
Your apartment is the new Pripyat.

Shoeberto
08-09-2009, 04:49 AM
Fun story: Without a laptop, typically if I felt like doing extended browsing or homework at Allie's house, I'd do it on her old desktop in there. And, typically, I would just walk around the house barefoot and in my pajamas. One day I go in there to look up whatever and feel something hard under foot. I figure at first it's just a stale piece of poop, since those tend to be around the house. In fact it's actually the hardened decapitated head of a mouse. Other body parts were strewn about in the area.

Typically I don't end up in situations where things are quite that bad!

rubah
08-09-2009, 04:50 AM
re: poop: that's thanks to my mom's small dog. -.-

Madame Adequate
08-09-2009, 04:51 AM
I recant my prior statement.

Your apartment is significantly worse than Pripyat.

Shoeberto
08-09-2009, 04:54 AM
I recant my prior statement.

Your apartment is significantly worse than Pripyat.
Oh, that's not the apartment - that's her house.

The apartment only has humans living in it to clean up after. I take human clutter alone a lot better than human clutter with animal mess mixed in tbh.

rubah
08-09-2009, 05:18 AM
My parents are pretty ambivalent about cleaning. Their eyesight is going so they can't exactly see it, and well, my mom is a smoker so it's not like she can smell anything either.

Crimson
08-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Yeah i'm quite familiar with such dangerous hazard zones.

Source? My old room.