PDA

View Full Version : strange behaviour?

Dethroned
08-09-2009, 07:11 AM
so i have noticed while feeding my girlfriends dog, she won't eat the food out of her food bowl, she removes the food, takes it to a certain spot on the floor and then proceeds to eat the food, but won't eat unless it first touches that spot on the ground...
is this normal or something to be worried about? your thoughts on this please?

Yar
08-09-2009, 07:18 AM
xD My dog does something similar. His food bowl is in the kitchen and I'm often in the living room. He'll grab a mouthful of food, bring it to the living room, drop it all and eat it piece by piece. Then he goes back for more!

rubah
08-09-2009, 07:25 AM
one of our dogs would cache pieces of dog food around the house. I was forever coming across them wedged in the carpet against the wall.

Jiro
08-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Animals can have some weird quirks. My dog likes to try and lie to us, pretending she's been guarding the yard all day when she's been sleeping or wandering around.

My cousin's cat hates all other animals, and was dry-retching because the new little puppies touched her. Weird cat.

Oh, and I wouldn't be worried. Just don't block that spot or she might not eat anything.

Crimson
08-09-2009, 08:30 AM
My dog does exactly the same thing but ONLY with chicken pieces, never with anything else.

Dethroned
08-09-2009, 08:35 AM
well as long as it is normal, i just thought it was weird, as i have never seen a dog do it before :p

Raistlin
08-09-2009, 11:37 PM
I don't think that's at all uncommon for dogs. My old dog would sometimes do the same thing.

Iceglow
08-09-2009, 11:57 PM
my cats tend to pick food up with their paws and lick the food off there instead of putting their snouts in the bowl itself. Though one of them won't eat anything unless she's personally sat there and watched you prepare it.

qwertysaur
08-10-2009, 11:04 PM
My dog has so many habits. He claws doors to get people to open, sits on feet to make you pet him, wakes me up at night for treats, carries his food in his mouth to eat it,, and sneaks on the couch when nobody looks.

My bird is insane. She has 6 personalities, OCD and talks to the TV. And the wall. When she eats she will take any colored pieces of food, and throw them to the side. She refuses to eat them. Then when she is hungry she will bang the food dish up and down until i fill it with more food. When I'm putting it in she has to ride down with the dish. She will also only climb on your finger from the left side. She runs in terror if it comes from the right.

black orb
08-11-2009, 12:03 AM
so i have noticed while feeding my girlfriends dog, she won't eat the food out of her food bowl, she removes the food, takes it to a certain spot on the floor and then proceeds to eat the food, but won't eat unless it first touches that spot on the ground...
is this normal or something to be worried about? your thoughts on this please?
>>> Maybe the food taste better at that spot on the floor..

scrumpleberry
08-11-2009, 12:10 AM
My most pathetic and picky dog does this. It just means that he's fussy and weird about food. Many dogs do it.

Meat Puppet
08-13-2009, 04:20 AM
My cat pets me!

Ki Ki
08-13-2009, 05:27 AM
My cat pets me!

Because you're so cute and FLUFFFY! :excited:

Darkswordofchaos
08-13-2009, 06:16 AM
My dad's GF's dog is like that but he is def. a retarded dog

Levian
08-13-2009, 06:20 AM
It's a small dog isn't it? small dogs are very weird with food.

Dethroned
08-13-2009, 07:01 AM
it is a small dog, i'm pretty sure it's not retarted, maybe it's just picky and fussy about it's food

Raistlin
08-13-2009, 02:58 PM
All small dogs are retarded.

Ki Ki
08-13-2009, 11:39 PM
You know what they say. Small dog, small... :bounce:

Craig
08-14-2009, 12:34 AM
i get the feeling eating crunchy food out of a bowl like that may be difficulty with their snouts. my dog did the same and my gfs dog does too