PDA

View Full Version : Why Did I Do That?

Laddy
08-09-2009, 07:51 AM
What game(s) did you own that you got rid of?

I love old-school CRPG's, yet I gave the third one of this series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lands_of_Lore_series)away for no real reason and wish I had the whole series now.

You?

Crimson
08-09-2009, 08:29 AM
You know, I dont think i've actually ever gotten rid of any of my games.

Hell I even still own that Arsenal game I got that only runs on Windows 95 and 98.

=|

blackmage_nuke
08-09-2009, 08:44 AM
I didnt get rid of it but I seem to have lost my Kingdom Hearts I.

Jiro
08-09-2009, 08:50 AM
I can't think of any, which is probably a good thing. I know I've traded a few games in that took a bit of effort to let go off, but none stand out. Yay I guess? :confused:

Sword
08-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Breath of Fire III for the PSP. I hated that game. And I traded in The Bouncer years ago but then bought it again about 2 and a half years ago because I missed it. Oh, and Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles, because it was just plain rubbish.

Shauna
08-09-2009, 12:10 PM
I'd never get rid of a game. People always ask why I don't trade in the games I finish/don't play much anymore. But, I know that if I trade it in, one day I'll wish I could play it, but then I won't have it.

KentaRawr!
08-09-2009, 02:06 PM
I traded in a game I've managed to forget the name of! :D It had something to do with a guardian.

Markus. D
08-09-2009, 05:06 PM
About 75% of my gaming library is either traded in or given to random people at conventions.

Bolivar
08-09-2009, 07:48 PM
i've never given away games. I've lent out extra copies of Command & Conquer games that I've went on to let them keep, but that's only because i have a compilation/whatever.

Evastio
08-09-2009, 08:52 PM
I never get rid of my games for the same reason as Shauna.

I'd only get rid of a game if it's something that I absolutely don't like. Even if the gameplay is bad or it's absolutely cheesy, I keep it just so I'd be able to play it every now and then and get a few laughs from it.

Raistlin
08-09-2009, 11:55 PM
The only games I'll get rid of are the older versions of sports' games, so I won't get rid of any game that I would one day come to regret.

SomethingBig
08-10-2009, 03:16 AM
Crystal Chronicles. Against my better judgment, my brother convinced me to sell old video-games, when I have trouble letting go of any of my things because I put sentimental value on everything, to get new ones. Literally a few days later, my friend said that he wanted to play Crystal Chronicles. :(

Madame Adequate
08-10-2009, 03:23 AM
My copy of Suikoden I.

It was stolen from me. :(

SomethingBig
08-10-2009, 04:04 AM
I let someone borrow my Suikoden III and he never returned it. :(

Shiny
08-10-2009, 04:05 AM
I returned Dark Cloud and Shrek at EB Games.

Raistlin
08-10-2009, 04:06 AM
In that same vein, I mailed someone my copy of Suikoden III and it was lost en route. :( I found a used copy cheap, though, so all good.

krissy
08-10-2009, 04:38 AM
i sold nfl 2003 and nba 2005, 2006 to help me pay for ffxii
they were worth about a dollar

i don't get rid of games otherwise. i keep them all.

Breine
08-11-2009, 09:07 PM
I traded Destruction Derby in for Battle Arena Toshinden 3 many years ago.

Man, I've played a lot of BAT 3 in my days. I'm scared to pop it in nowadays, though, because the wonderful nostalgic feeling I have now will probably be ruined.

krissy
08-12-2009, 12:44 AM
nah do it
NO PROBLAM

Wolf Kanno
08-12-2009, 06:19 PM
I never sell my games, even games I loathe I won't sell. The worse I keep doing is lending games to friends only to have them disappear on me.

I did it with Lunar, though I did eventually find her again and now have two copies since I bought a new one after she disappeared.

Right now, the games I still have missing from lending out are:

Secret of Mana - I know where this guy is and though I'm holding one of his games, its hardly a fair trade off.

Wild ARMS 2nd Ignition - I made the mistake of lending this to guy I really can't stand so I'm torn between my desire to play it and having to deal with him.

Xenogears - Lent this to a very unreliable person who lost my original copy but at least he bought me a new one to replace it but I still want my original back...

Crono Cross/FF Anthologies - This guy is pretty good about taking good care of things and doesn't really do disappearing acts. In this case, its my own funky schedule that presents me from meeting up with him and getting these back cause he's actually done with them.

PeTeRL90
08-12-2009, 06:23 PM
I generally don't sell my games. It just doesn't feel right plus I really never know when I'll get an urge to play through one again. (See: Final Fantasy IX or No More Heroes)

Old Manus
08-12-2009, 06:31 PM
I let my mate borrow World Championship Snooker on the PS1 seven years ago and he still has it and probably sold it or something.

I also sat on Tekken 1 and snapped it in half

Avarice-ness
08-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Katamari Damacy. I had sold it because I wanted the extra cash but then eventually I realized that the overall sell (I sold many games) would have almost been exactly the same if I hadn't sold it.
I was listening to the soundtrack last night thinking "Amg I wish I could play."

TurkSlayer
08-13-2009, 12:04 AM
I don't sell games, I just lose them. :( Like Mass Effect. And Chrono Cross. T.T

I did give away my copy of FFVIII though, but to my neighbor.

DarkBahamut
08-13-2009, 03:57 AM
Brave Fencer Musashi....:cry: :crying2:

BG-57
08-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Yeah I have second thoughts about trading in BOF III.

I sold off my Suikoden I and II to my brother, but I got interested in playing the games over again from the start and bought them back. They were sitting in a closet, gathering dust.

Most of the games I have given away or sold I don't regret though.

Quindiana Jones
08-13-2009, 07:48 PM
When I traded in my PS2 to get a 360 (had to for money) I also got rid of Shadow of the Colossus and Okami, which are freaking impossible to buy nowadays. Unless I went on the internet and bought them. But whenever I'm online I always forget. Worse still is the fact that I got rid of my bloody memory card. Freaking dumbass.