PDA

View Full Version : where are they now?

rubah
08-10-2009, 02:14 AM
Do you have any internet friends you wish you could contact? Sometimes, when I remember somebody's real name or screen name, I'll google them/facebook them, but usually it doesn't turn up with any results.

So if you're named Rob Crocker, or had the sn SkySilverton (two different people!) I'd like to hear from you;oooo

Then there's also a guy named David whose sn I don't even remember anymore >_>;;; a couple of girls named Deidre and Dani.

Also, the people I am barely in fringe contact with now, and am slightly terrified that they will slip out of my life/reach entirely, possibly before I realize it.

Before I go all sad and teary, I might do well to remember all the people I have managed to get some sort of hold on, and who will never disappear! Thank you, web 2.0!

Bunny
08-10-2009, 02:17 AM
There are perhaps two dozen people I wish I still had contact with. However, because I'm a terrible person and a troll, they refuse to talk to me.

Raistlin
08-10-2009, 02:27 AM
There are a few people from years ago, and one in particular, I wish I could talk to again. The worst part about the particular one is that I probably could call/email this person but I wouldn't even know what to say.

Bunny
08-10-2009, 02:52 AM
There are a few people from years ago, and one in particular, I wish I could talk to again. The worst part about the particular one is that I probably could call/email this person but I wouldn't even know what to say.

"We should meet up for beers and casual sex."

Rye
08-10-2009, 03:04 AM
There was a girl I was very close to online, one of my first real close internet friends. Paul remembers her because he remembers all, but no one else probably does. We had a falling out and we both changed a great deal. I guess that happens with most people I've been close to though. The idea of permanent friends is a nice one, but pretty rare for me, especially since I don't put up much of a fight when people go. C'est la vie. :greenie:

The idea of losing contact with a few people on this forum makes me very worried.

Raistlin
08-10-2009, 03:37 AM

Not even feasible. xD

Shoeberto
08-10-2009, 03:38 AM
It's weird for me to think that there's people I was fairly good acquaintances with in high school that I haven't spoken to since graduation - over two years ago, now. Same with some people from freshman year of college that I haven't really hung out with since then, though I do see them around campus.

There's not many people online that I really say have fully disappeared that I miss too much. Most of them are all still around in one form or another.

Bunny
08-10-2009, 03:44 AM

Not even feasible. xD

It's mostly used as an ice breaker. If they laugh, you can continue the conversation from there. If they agree, hey, beer and sex are good.

Yar
08-10-2009, 03:52 AM
A guy named Travis who lives in Kansas that I talked to when I was like 15 or 16. He was pretty cool then idk what happened, I think I lost his contact info.

Shlup
08-10-2009, 04:14 AM
I guess it would be kind of cool to talk to the guys I used to play Ultima Online 10+ years ago. Too weird though.

rubah
08-10-2009, 04:28 AM
I managed to find one of my people above; I doubt it'll grow back into the camraderie it was before, but I feel more secure just knowing they're still there :)

Raistlin
08-10-2009, 04:45 AM
I guess it would be kind of cool to talk to the guys I used to play Ultima Online 10+ years ago. Too weird though.

Wow, ditto. It would be especially weird for me considering I was 12-14 when I played a lot and most of the people I played with were ~20 at least.

Crimson
08-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Nah, the people I actually care to speak too I still do, the rest could be dead in a sewer somewhere for all I care.

Blue Harvest
08-10-2009, 10:50 AM
There's more than few people I wish I still had contact with. It sucks when people disappear from the internet with no warning :(

Aerith's Knight
08-10-2009, 10:51 AM
There are several girls that I talked to for months, but I broke it off because it got a little.. weird.

Anywho, at that time I wouldn't have minded seeing them.

Shauna
08-10-2009, 12:29 PM
I would have said the first group of friends I made on the internet, but we all randomly made our way back to the original forum we all met on. Crazy when things like that happen.

Sometimes I think about my friends from school, and how I haven't seen them in forever. But then, they hardly made an effort all year to speak to me, I'm waiting for them to contact me. Which is a bit of a fail, 'cause they're simply not, but eh. I'd say the same for my friends from primary school, but I did manage to make contact with one of them a year or so back. But now, whenever she sees me, she gets this bitter look on her face and gives me the most unenthusiastic "Hi..." I have ever heard. So maybe that's not such a great idea. xD

I don't think there's many people that I wish I still had contact with. I feel as if there are some, but I can't work out who they are. xD Ah well. I'm good with the people I do have contact with now.

Avarice-ness
08-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Most of my internet friends, if I don't talk to them now, chances are there is a reason, I literally keep everyone I've talked to since I was 14 years old on my messenger, the only way to get off my messenger is by us eventually falling out.
The only people that I prolly would talk to are people who I can actually get in contact with, I just don't have it in me to start a conversation due to circumstances that happened. That, and it's prolly better for me to not be friends with the said people.

Rodarian
08-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Well I cam back to this site and hopefully reconnected with people on here...

You guys still love me right...

Shattered Dreamer
08-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Well I cam back to this site and hopefully reconnected with people on here...

You guys still love me right...

I often wonder am I liked on here too:tongue: I used to have a few online friends but around about the time I started playing music & drinking I lost touch. There are a few I miss but then I think did I ever really know them anyway? We talked through MSN & never met in person!

Nowadays I can't say I talk to anyone online I don't know personally which when you consider I technically have 4 different social groups offline I hang out with having online friends too is difficult. But if anyone on here wants a chat PM if your bothered.....I don't bite:tongue::D

Rodarian
08-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Shattered Dreamer I know how you feel!

I shall add you with merriment!

Shattered Dreamer
08-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Shattered Dreamer I know how you feel!

I shall add you with merriment!

Cheers man:D:tongue:

black orb
08-10-2009, 11:04 PM
>>> I`ve never made great friends online, but some people I used to talk with still posting at the Collector`s board.. (I also still posting there from time to time).

Del Murder
08-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Whatever happened to Lightning_Demon?

fire_of_avalon
08-11-2009, 02:02 AM
RSL RSL RSL. I miss RSL so much.

And I'm afraid DK and Azar are going the way of RSL. I miss them so much too.

Christmas
04-17-2023, 03:04 PM
Hell fuck a lot of ppl from EoFF that left my life. :(

Good thing some stayed behind though.

Psychotic
04-17-2023, 05:48 PM
Hell fuck a lot of ppl from EoFF that left my life. :(

Good thing some stayed behind though.even me?

Quindiana Jones
04-17-2023, 10:09 PM
She likes us! She really likes us!

Christmas
04-18-2023, 02:51 PM
We were internet friends? :confused:

Loony BoB
04-19-2023, 01:52 AM
We still have KentaRawr! so we must be doing something right