PDA

View Full Version : Holy Smurfing Bugs!

Freya
08-10-2009, 03:53 AM
So I was working outside with my mom today and the scariest thing happened!

I had curled and hairsprayed my hair because my mother had told me we were going to go to another town and go to the mall and such. Then she decided that we weren't and that we needed to work outside.

So we had hooked a metal shed to her truck to move it because, well it's a metal shed and how else do you move it? I was standing on the back of the truck to make sure the chain didn't come un-hooked.

Then my mom runs over and ant pile! Flying ants come swarming me cause of the hairspray in my hair! I'm run and jump in the truck and roll the windows up as quick as I could. I was smacking every ant in the truck. It was so freaking scary!

What scary bug encounters have you had?

Yar
08-10-2009, 03:58 AM
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1780/img0521t.jpg

SomethingBig
08-10-2009, 04:03 AM
How did you survive a hoard of hungry ants?!

One of my earliest memories was when I was 2 and I was merrily playing outside, minding my own business, when I looked down on my arm and there was a HUGE FURRY CATERPILLAR JUST FRIGGIN' INVADING MY PERSONAL SPACE.

Another time was when I was with a bunch of friends at the pool. For whatever reason, we were talking about horse flies. I guess that's what a bunch of 10 year olds talk about while at the pool. We were all talking about how we heard how horse flies will leave holes the size of Jupiter on your body, if they bite you. As luck would have it, while I was waiting my turn to jump off the high dive, a huge white fly landed on my leg. My friends yelled, "THAT'S A HORSE FLY!" I started to kick and flail my leg, but the stupid thing just wouldn't come off! I ran to the pool and jumped in to save my life from that awful fly! And then I got in trouble for running. :(

G13
08-10-2009, 04:31 AM
^ Hahahaha! That's awesome!

I think that every bug encounter is awful. I hate the little bastards. There was this spider outside my garage that was literally the size of my hand (with its legs spread out of course). He was pretty fun to watch, making his web. He added on to it just last week. I suspect the add on was for an inweb pool but I'll never know now. He passed away a few days ago... from natural causes. :shifty:

rubah
08-10-2009, 04:32 AM
Yardie, I know just what you mean. I had... an encounter... like that in the dorm bathroom one night last year.

A month or so ago, I heard a weird noise coming from the kitchen, but no one was in there to make a noise...

I wrote it off to some weird coincidence and went about my business. The next day, I was crushing up cans to put in recycling AND OMG THERE WAS THIS TERRIFYING BUG IN ONE OF THEM.
http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/things/wtfbug.jpg

krissy
08-10-2009, 04:35 AM
as i was reading this thread a mosquito the size of the top of my thumb landed on the screen

lek i think whatever you got, it's spreading

G13
08-10-2009, 04:36 AM
Oh man, I didn't even see Yar's picture. I'd seriously :bou::bou::bou::bou: myself if I saw that thing. I don't care how far away it was, I'd run away screaming.

Bunny
08-10-2009, 04:46 AM
When I was a child, I would catch scorpions, centipedes and millipedes and put them in a glass jar to fight each other.

There was also a time when I played pickup football games in a large field between a friend and my houses. One time, I caught the ball and immediately fell into a bush covered with giant spiders. It was scary.

Oh, and there was a time when I lifted up a board and my hand was less than an inch away from a scorpion.

Fun times in the desert.

Madame Adequate
08-10-2009, 04:47 AM
A few weeks ago a centipede randomly crawled over my desk and in among my papers.

I freaked the fuck out.

I never thought they would bother me but seeing this thing move turned me into a quivering wreck. I spent 40 minutes pulling everything off my desk looking for it. I was wearing gloves and perched on my chair because it might have been on the floor.

Eventually, Murphy started going nuts in the corner of the other room, and I discovered that the bug had traversed some distance away from me. I caught it and dumped it in the garden. Rarely have I felt so strong a compulsion to run away screaming.

Yar's pic has made me paranoid :(

Yar
08-10-2009, 04:55 AM
:) You guys might be grossed out by my picture, but you have no idea how fast those things move.

G13
08-10-2009, 05:16 AM
Annnnd here come the nightmares. Thanks Yar.

Edit: @ Milf
I did the same thing when I saw a spider in my room the other day. Wicked fast bastard got away from me though. I gloved up and cleaned my room thouroughly, moving everything around in search of him and any friends he may have invited.

PeTeRL90
08-10-2009, 05:22 AM
Let's see... not too long ago there was a pretty big spider with orange stripes and spots on it so naturally I assumed it was poisonous. I was taking my dog out to use the bathroom so I had to pull her away so she didn't eat it and stepped on it. Made a nice mess on my shoes.

Then there was an even bigger black spider was really fast and again, it was on the porch when I was taking my dog to use the bathroom (sensing a theme here?) and as soon I realized how fast it ran, it scared the hell out of me and I pushed my dog inside after she finished doing her business.

Then there was this time I woke up with a cockroach crawling around on my bed and near my face. Nearly crapped myself.

Ouch!
08-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Conoco, the company my old man used to work for, owns a cabin out in Punchak (an area outside of Jakarta, Indonesia with rice fields and such). One weekend, when we were staying in the company cabin with another family, we saw that a giant spider had spun a giant web outside of one of the windows. Now, when I say giant spider, I mean that the thing's body alone was a good four to five inches in diameter. Counting the legs, the thing must have been the size of a damned dinner plate.

Scared the living bajesus out of me the first time I saw it.

Jiro
08-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Playing football on the school oval in year...4? The ball rolled down the little embankment next to the tennis courts. I ran over to grab it and ran into a spider web. "No harm done," I thought, "I run into spider webs all the time."

So I pick up the ball and throw it up to my friend. I then proceeded to remove the spider web, starting first with my hair. I suddenly felt itchy, and turned to look at my back. On it was a spider about the size of my 9 year old hand. It was staring right at me with it's many beady eyes, and I freaked the smurf out and swatted it off.

After that, I ran towards the safety of the buildings, flailing my arms like a mad-man, trying to get the spider webs and any other spiders off me. I felt itchy all over, but the bunch of people I kept asking "LOOK AT ME ARE THERE ANY SPIDERS ON ME GET THEM OFF" said there was nothing, and no bite mark.

I was later told that it was a Golden Orb spider and supposedly highly poisonous, but after google image searching I realise that it isn't the same type. Still, that was probably the scariest moment in my life.

blackmage_nuke
08-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Once I felt like the Label on the back on my shirt scratching on my back so i tried to adjust it but it kept itching and they I opened it up abit and BUZZ! some weird green beattle thing zoomed out and flew off. Startled me to death.

And there was this one time I saw a moth the size of my hand. I am not exagerating, and it wasnt when I was young and had a small hand either. I didnt even know how it could stay airborne

Heath
08-10-2009, 10:23 AM
This thread makes me glad to live in the UK where the most terrifying insects we have are wasps.

Crimson
08-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Everytime freaking spiders come out of nowhere scares the crap out of me.

Thankfully they are no match for the mighty SLIPPER.

Rantz
08-10-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm not usually bugged (heh) by insects and stuff, but there have been occasions where they've freaked me out. Usually it involves insects crawling around on my skin. :x Seeing a spider an inch away from me won't faze me, but if it's suddenly creeping around inside my clothes or on the back of my neck... *shudders at the thought*

demondude
08-10-2009, 10:51 AM
There was a spider the size of Fern Britton in my cake mixture in Food & Nutrition class, way back when I was in year 7. I was terrified.

Shauna
08-10-2009, 12:22 PM
There was a spider in my pyjamas the other day. I don't think I have ever been so freaked out ever. I'm getting read for bed when something falls out of my pyjamas and crawls down my leg. DDD: When I saw it was a spider, it wasn't so bad. Fast little thing though, struggled to catch it.

But yeah. Sitting in the near dark with spiders crawling over your legs... not so fun. :(

Timekeeper
08-10-2009, 12:53 PM
One night I was home alone and these HUGE bugs (http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/89/l_77a5bac1cf0b7fba6c4d9389b3a76030.jpg) kept crashing into my window. It wasn't all that scary, but they were freaking massive.

There was one time I was about to go to bed, but when I looked at the ceiling it was covered with hundreds of little spiders, some were beginning to abseil down to my bed. I don't usually mind spiders at all, I'm quite used to them, but this was a bit much...

theundeadhero
08-10-2009, 01:50 PM
There was one time I was about to go to bed, but when I looked at the ceiling it was covered with hundreds of little spiders, some were beginning to abseil down to my bed. I don't usually mind spiders at all, I'm quite used to them, but this was a bit much...Growing up I had nightmares about that happening all the time.

demondude
08-10-2009, 03:06 PM
I had a nightmare where there were leechy-maggot things in the ceiling and they were eating the ceiling and making holes. Eventually they started making falling through, and more and more of them started coming. :$

Unbreakable Will
08-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Damnit guys, now I'm all itchy :(
I absolutely hate bugs, arachnids are the worst. The other day I was picking up this box that was outside and I happen to glance inside and there are not one, but two fucking Black Widows in there.http://www.spyderwood.com/images/Spiders/JSC%25209911%2520Black%2520Widow%2520belly%25202.jpg
And they had like a billion eggsacs. A vision of those two and their eggsacs breaking open and covering me with their freaky devil spawns went through my mind, needless to say I dropped that box like it had the plague, ran inside and took a hot shower (the only thing that makes me stop itching after seeing a spider that close) Im a little arachnophobic.

Rodarian
08-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Never had problem with insects or arachnids...Except for Mosquitoes...

I swear to the POWER THAT BE that they should be eliminated from the face of the earth! Bunch of blood suckers and disease carrying needle mouthed piece of shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.:shoot: Nuance to human and animal kind!!!!!

ARAAAAAAAAAAAAAG DEATH TO MOSQUITOES!!

Why do they exist...They have no propose...ANd don't give me no Jurassic Park lingo..their blood is mixed with other blood...No way to re start a species! :P

rubah
08-10-2009, 03:58 PM
mosquitos exist because people keep killing spiders :mad2:

Rodarian
08-10-2009, 04:04 PM
mosquitos exist because people keep killing spiders :mad2:

People are so mean!! My sister hates spiders and tries to kill them whenever possible.. I go out of my way to save them...Did you know that my prophet was protected by a spider's and her web because of a malicious mob out to get him.... Ever since then I would try never to kill a spider....

Spiders are precious!! Venom or no venom..

Freya
08-10-2009, 06:36 PM
I was attacked by a bee today D:

I had a centipede in my sisters house once while I was watching it when she went to houston. Eventually her cat ate it..... BUT it was scary when I first saw it. It came out of the vent so I was freaking out the rest of the night. I kept that bug eating cat near me xD

Rodarian
08-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Poor Lekky!!!! *hugs her*

A Bug eating cat eh too funnY!

Vermachtnis
08-10-2009, 06:58 PM
The other night I was getting out of the shower. There was a big spider just on the wall. I Scrubbing Bubble'D his eight legged ass.

rubah
08-10-2009, 07:18 PM
You have your own prophet, rodarian? :erm:

black orb
08-10-2009, 11:53 PM
>>> Centipedes freak me out a bit, I found one in the kitchen..