PDA

View Full Version : I'm not your friend no more

Captain Maxx Power
08-11-2009, 12:23 AM
I logged into my Facebook account today and became rather depressed. Why? Because a number of my contacts had removed me as their friend. As a rule I tend not to remove anyone from my contact list because, you know, it'd be frickin' rude to do otherwise.

Topic: Do you prune friends list or have you been a prunee recently?

black orb
08-11-2009, 12:27 AM
>>> I used to have lots of contacts on MSN, but none of them were my friends.. :confused:

I guess it would be the same with facebook or whatever..

Del Murder
08-11-2009, 12:29 AM
I prune LJ friends when I find I always skip their entries when I read over friend entries. It doesn't really bother me if people prune me from their lists. I probably don't ever know since I don't ever check.

Shauna
08-11-2009, 12:30 AM
I prune my friend lists and contact list once every couple of years. I remove people I really do not talk to, or people who appear to be incredibly inactive on whatever I'm pruning them from. But, in the case of MSN, it's simply a delete and not a block, so if they want to contact me they still can.

Have I been pruned from people's lists? Definitely. xD But, eh, whatever. I don't usually notice, so I guess I don't care. :p

Rye
08-11-2009, 12:34 AM
I pruned my Facebook epically recently, because there are some people on it that I either 1) I don't want to know anymore because they frustrate me and 2) Feel like cutting ties with (ie: Almost everyone I met in Rhode Island). It's so relieving. Soon I'll have a Facebook with only good friends and people I know from England. It's really heathy, to me~ <3

Sometimes I like keeping on those infuriating indie-cred people though, the ones that post on their wall about how cool it is to explore deserted disgusting houses where squatters live, and getting piercings at hepatitis ridden filthy huts in the West Village because indie people don't pay more than 10 dollars for a piercing, and post photos of them in those retarded Kanye West glasses, because it drives them nuts that I'm going to be living in England, and they're not. Yeah, it's immature, I know. And I love it.

I think it's because they want to gain even more indie-cred by having lived there, where they can cultivate faux-British accents and pretend like they're Coldplay or some dumb crap like that. :greenie:

I don't prune my LJ list often! I talk to people through that a lot.

Madame Adequate
08-11-2009, 12:38 AM
I like how a country of over 60 million, still one of the richest, most influential, and most powerful in the world (We do have almost two hundred nuclear bombs, more than enough to lay waste to any continent on Earth.), is seen as so quaint by people in the US. :kaoyatta:

Old Manus
08-11-2009, 12:41 AM
I don't know about Wales. We may as well still be living in caves.

I never prune friends lists because cba and they usually do it before I do anyway. Somebody came online on my msn a few months ago that I hadn't seen online in seven years, though.

Rye
08-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Indie-cred people don't make sense. Their checklist of things to act more indie is forever contradictory. Buying overpriced Ethos water from Starbucks to help Africans is the height of cool, yet shoplifting a $5 dollar scarf at H&M and stealing perhaps the 3 cents an hour that a sweatshop worker in Asia is paid is even cooler. Don't even try to make sense of it.

xXsarahXx
08-11-2009, 12:44 AM
Sometimes I like keeping on those infuriating indie-cred people though, the ones that post on their wall about how cool it is to explore deserted disgusting houses where squatters live, and getting piercings at hepatitis ridden filthy huts in the West Village because indie people don't pay more than 10 dollars for a piercing, and post photos of them in those retarded Kanye West glasses, because it drives them nuts that I'm going to be living in England, and they're not. Yeah, it's immature, I know. And I love it.

Seriously...England isnt that great.
Hence why were shipping out and across the pond in the near future.

Anyways topic, i go through my facebook every 6 months or so and delete the people ive not spoken to in a long while. Nothing wrong with it, theres no use in having a friend networking site when half or them arnt your friends!!

Madame Adequate
08-11-2009, 12:45 AM
But Midwestern soccer moms have exactly the same sentiment about Britain :p

Manus is right about Wales though. Where is the Welsh nuclear force :laugh:

Rye
08-11-2009, 12:46 AM
My European FATHER has the same sentiment. I think it's the accents and Bridget Jone's Diary, I truly do.

Shauna
08-11-2009, 12:48 AM
What's so great about England? It's filled with them... English.

xXsarahXx
08-11-2009, 12:52 AM

Exactly...hang on... Doh.

Old Manus
08-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Manus is right about Wales though. Where is the Welsh nuclear force :laugh:http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/worms/images/8/81/Sheep_Launcher.png

black orb
08-11-2009, 12:58 AM
>>> They had Jack the Ripper, that makes them great in my book.

Rye
08-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Manus is right about Wales though. Where is the Welsh nuclear force :laugh:http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/worms/images/8/81/Sheep_Launcher.png

Wales and New Zealand exchange technology?!

Old Manus
08-11-2009, 12:59 AM
You can't 404 friendship

Madame Adequate
08-11-2009, 01:00 AM
Outdone by Worms :(

Peegee
08-11-2009, 01:10 AM
I did it to my facebook friends recently. I did it to my livejournal a while back.

It's no biggie, but I sometimes feel sad if I like the person who pruned me...sorry I have a life.

Raistlin
08-11-2009, 01:27 AM
I rarely bother pruning LJ friends. I so rarely add people that it's not usually a problem. I have no idea if I've been taken off other people's friends lists because I never check.

Jessweeee♪
08-11-2009, 01:50 AM
Sometimes if I forget who people are I delete them.

Yar
08-11-2009, 04:55 AM
I have only about 20 or so friends on the Internet anyway, so I really don't need to prune. :/

rubah
08-11-2009, 05:04 AM
I remove people I don't want to talk to from facebook. Otherwise, it's just abandoned accounts that get removed.

Vermachtnis
08-11-2009, 05:13 AM
I had no idea you can unbefriend people on Facebook. I never do. I got a couple of friend requests last week. One was from somebody I haven't seen since the sixth grade. One was from somebody I never met before. But I have no idea if people removed me. Although they'd have a good reason, I keep taking those stupid quizzes and showing them off.

Levian
08-11-2009, 07:08 AM
I don't think I have a need to remove anyone from anywhere really.

Nobody is posting obnoxiously much on LJ. My MSN lists are divided in two, people I talk to and people I don't talk to. Sure, I probably could've deleted one of the lists, but it doesn't bother me at all to keep it minimized. There are some facebook friends who needs to tell me every little goddamned thing they do, but I have those placed in a "no news feed from me" group, so it's basically like they don't exist, except from the times when I want them to exist. It's all quite convenient, really!

Ouch!
08-11-2009, 07:33 AM
This thread has inspired me to remove people from Facebook with whom I do not have regular contact. That's about the only time I delete contacts on Facebook or messenger clients.

Leeza
08-11-2009, 07:37 AM
I've removed a few names from my MSN because I had no clue who they were. Other than that I don't remove anyone from anywhere. I don't think I'd notice if I were removed though. I guess I would notice on Facebook, but so far that hasn't happened.

Ouch!
08-11-2009, 07:38 AM
I've been deterred from removing people on FB because I remembered what happened the last time I did it. The guy wrote me a long, upset message about how he considered us brothers and was very hurt that I apparently didn't feel the same way about him.

Shlup
08-11-2009, 07:40 AM
I need to prune some LJ friends. I wouldn't prune Facebook friends though. My husband did make me de-friend his mother though. xD

rubah
08-11-2009, 07:40 AM
I didn't even know you got a message when you removed people from facebook. I guess my last roommate the sigher never friended me, although I could've sworn she did for at least a couple of months.

Zeldy
08-11-2009, 10:19 AM
I think there's only one person that I know of who has removed me from their facebook/msn, and that was because he's pathetic and we got too serious apparently and he isnt the "relationship kinda guy" so instead of telling me straight he wussed out and rid of all contact! I am slightly bitter, as you can tell. But I got him back in my own way.

On msn I have my talk to's and don't talk to's, it's very rare I prune. I've never pruned on facebook.

Jiro
08-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I never delete people from anything because I just cba. If we're no longer friends then I'm sure they're courteous enough to remove me themselves :jess:

~*~Celes~*~
08-11-2009, 12:10 PM
I prune once like every 3 million years

not often but meh :p

Blue Harvest
08-11-2009, 12:13 PM
I did a small facebook prune recently but nobody important got cut.

Crimson
08-11-2009, 01:17 PM

You lookin for a fight? :hot::fencing:

Rodarian
08-11-2009, 01:59 PM
I know I've been removed by one person....As for the rest....Those who like me still have me on....

I have removed some from my own list..But they were undesirables as they had some serious issues s.I didn't want to be sucked in the vortex of self loathing and despair....

Leeza
08-11-2009, 03:43 PM
I didn't even know you got a message when you removed people from facebook. I guess my last roommate the sigher never friended me, although I could've sworn she did for at least a couple of months.

I guess you don't get a message. Someone has just removed me and the only way I could tell is that I am one number short of friends.

Jojee
08-11-2009, 04:26 PM
I only remove people from Facebook if I really really dislike them. There are a few people that I don't like too much on my Facebook but for the most part I don't bother, unless I super dislike them. Then they'd know. ^_^

For LJ I prune maybe once a year, either that or just switch to a new LJ which is kinda like a prune. I'm not too picky though, I like reading about people's lives.

It does make me =[ when people remove me, if I liked them.

Jess
08-11-2009, 04:44 PM
I've started pruning on facebook. Removing everybody from it that I only talk to online/have never met in person. Facebook to me, is more for the people I know and see on atleast a semi-regular basis and family.

It's not because I don't like people, it's just that I use facebook to keep in touch with friends/family and it has a lot of personal details stuff on there. I use LJ and here for internet friends. :jess:

Breine
08-11-2009, 08:56 PM
I've never pruned, and I don't really intend to. Also, never been a prunee, as far as I know.. :shifty:

Kirobaito
08-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Stupid Sassenachs. Man, I've always wanted to use that word.

I have indeed pruned my Facebook, but only people that I haven't talked to in a number of years and would not want to talk to again.

Mirage
08-11-2009, 10:59 PM
I don't delete contacts on MSN unless I hate them. Instead I throw them into a group named "l<b></b>ol" and minimize it.

Freya
08-11-2009, 11:31 PM
I've been deleting people on my facebook that I knew in highschool but haven't bothered talking to me since we left highschool.

LJ, I never prune besides if I really can't stand someone on it.

I also don't prune my msn. It still tells me I have like 112 eoffers. In which I talk to maybe 12 on a regular basis? xD

theundeadhero
08-11-2009, 11:48 PM
I never really prune anything. I notice when I get pruned usually though. Usually it's from someone I don't really care one way or the other from but sometimes I wonder why?