PDA

View Full Version : Apartment Livin'

Giggles
08-11-2009, 05:30 AM
Today I found out that tomororw my landlord + 3 dudes will be coming into my apartment to install things. That's fine, right? WRONG. My apartment is a disaster zone of popsicle wrappers, piles of clothes, boxes overflowing with junk, dirty dishes and SO MUCH MORE. In other words, I'm a total pig (and my landlord is a total neat freak).

I've lived in the same apartment for two years and it is a constant state of disarray and disgustingness. But I have lots of art on the walls! It's really too bad my landlord lives on site and is, let's face it, totally crazy.

She's called me leaving 3+ minutes worth of voicemail telling me all about how I'm "burning out of the parking lot" even though the mph posted is 10 and I've never once gone over that. She also disagrees with all holidays! Especially Halloween for it's paganism. Somehow I doubt she appreciated the skull I carved into my pumpkin this year.

What's your apartment like? And your landlord? Orrrr tell me stories about apartment-living!

Shoeberto
08-11-2009, 05:33 AM
I've only stayed in my apartment for like, three or four days total. But it's been pretty awesome for that time! My landlady is pretty nice too.

I don't really like things getting too messy. If it's to the point where it's causing serious interference with something I need to do, I'll usually just drop everything and go on a rage-fueled cleaning spree until things are tidied up and I can concentrate on the work at hand.

Bunny
08-11-2009, 05:47 AM
My landlady is super nice and really fast at getting back to me when I need to talk to her about something or other. When I first called, to talk to her about the lease, she called me back within five minutes. Earlier today, I had to call her about a leak that happened during the other night and she got back to me in about a half hour. She's a pretty cool lady. All of my landlords and landladies have been really nice to me.

My apartment can get kinda messy sometimes but it's never anything really gross. Mostly just books and pieces of paper that I leave lying around. My kitchen can get kinda dirty because my girlfriend and I hate doing dishes so much, but it's an organized mess so it looks a little bit better than regular messes. Other than that, my apartment is pretty clean most of the time.

Giggles
08-11-2009, 05:57 AM
My living room is now about as clean as it was when we moved in (minus the stain on the carpet) but I still have so much work to do and I'm losing the will to clean! I need to muster up some more energy!

You guys are so lucky to have a nice landlords! Mine isn't really mean, she's just bizarre and really anal. Maybe it's just that our lifestyles and views and 100% different.

Levian
08-11-2009, 06:11 AM
The only times my landlord is in my room is when I move in and when I move out, and it's always clean at those two moments, so I'm good.

I should probably also mention that I move out every June and move back in every August. :p since '06.

Ouch!
08-11-2009, 07:34 AM
I'll be moving into an on-campus apartment complex a week from today. Four bedroom, four bathroom. I'm stoked.

Shlup
08-11-2009, 07:49 AM
I don't live in no small Twilight town; we don't talk to our landlords around here, just office staff.

Giggles
08-11-2009, 08:03 AM
I don't live in no small Twilight town; we don't talk to our landlords around here, just office staff.

Oh Shlup :D You know just what to say!

ps: I do NOT live in that small Twilight town anymore thankyouverymuch!

Rye
08-11-2009, 12:32 PM
I have to go apartment hunting when I get back from England. Notttt funnnnnn. Everything is so expensive around here, and most of the towns near my prospective college are so icky, I would never be caught dead (and I would probably be killed!) living in them.

xXsarahXx
08-11-2009, 12:37 PM
My landlords are awesome!
they always write to us to see how we are and send us cards for our birthdays/christmas!
They even sent us a card on our year anniversary of being in the place to tell us how much they appriciate having nice tennants!

Parker
08-11-2009, 01:01 PM
When i was in university dorm some workmen were coming in to change the shower heads or something so we filled a room mates room with lots of unsavoury items, "used" condoms, a dildo, weird magazines. The iceing on the cake was a man-thong hanging from the shower head. Good times.

Raistlin
08-11-2009, 02:17 PM

Pretty much. I've only met one of the office staff who came by to do the move-in inspection.

I just moved into my apartment this past weekend, but so far I really like it. My room will probably get kind of messy, but considering I have a roommate the living room area will be kept somewhat tidier. Jojo said she wanted to move into my apartment with me because it was bigger and nicer than hers. :D

Avarice-ness
08-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Well, keeping a clean house is part of being able to stay in the house.

I remember having plenty of "OH :bou::bou::bou::bou: WE NEED TO START CLEANING -NOW-" moments when we lived in my studio apartment. I believe I had good land lords though, there was no policy against having birds but at the same time there wasn't one saying birds were allowed, you could hear my parakeets from the elevator down the hall from my apartment, not only that, but my husband would blare metal to obscene limits.. needless to say we lived in a indoor apartment complex, so I know people heard ALL of this.

I live on an Army base now, and from what I've been told by neighbors who've lived here for 5 years, the landlords only care about the outside and they've only stepped foot in someone's house when they were being like a disruption to the neighborhood.

Which is good, because we keep quiet, and our house is horrible.

Rodarian
08-11-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm pretty much a tidy fellow...My mate and I are planning to share an apartment in the near future...Looking forward to that! A Bachleor Pad for the Duo Casanovas!

My dad owns a couple of condos that he rents outs..He's a fair man but there have been instances of grievous tentants....

One guy was a con and a fraud (he claimed to be a harvard graduated lawyer)...Bounced checks and so much more..In end he was arrested but imagine the clean we had to do...

Those Condos are worth $$ but he trashed the placed like it was nobodies business..Oh the best bit were the furniture..Gaudy as sin and cheap in quality...

The only thing worth something was 350000 dollar chandelier which he forged a check on that as well....We returned that thing to the manufacturer....

Jojee
08-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Once after I got back from a vacation, I sorta unpacked everything all over the living room and it was a gigantic mess. You could hardly find any floor to step on. I had underwear/food/random things lying around <i>everywhere</i>.

I went to work for the day and when I got back there was some guy in the house messing with my heater and it freaked me out and also it made me mad because the house was so giantly slobby messy. xD Apparently someone called the landlord and told them they smelled gas coming out of my apartment, I dunno.

rubah
08-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Well, keeping a clean house is part of being able to stay in the house.
what the hell kind of contract did you sign? xD The only reason I'd be worried about a messy house with regards to the landlord seeing it is being embarassed at not keeping it tidy. That's kinda ... overbearing? if they're insisting you be neat and clean on the inside.