PDA

View Full Version : I'd definetly go down this rabbit hole...

Wolf Kanno
08-12-2009, 08:49 AM
So a friend and I discussed about different game worlds and if you had to choose one that would be safe (this obviously started from a discussion on Diablo) which one would it be. We basically went down several different gaming worlds though I'll share my favorite part of the discussion.

Friend: How about FF Tactics?

Me: Yeah, I can totally see that, "yeah I'm going to become a squire and earn my way up to knight class" Then the armored gentleman will tell me "Your job class will be peasant"

Friend: You get to be a Chamber Room Boy for the Nobles...

Me: Tactics would really suck...

Anyway, if you could be a generic NPC in any game world, which one would it be? Feel free to share the pros and cons of your choices.

KentaRawr!
08-12-2009, 12:45 PM
I'd want to be an NPC in some kind of fantasy world as opposed to a current-age / futuristic world. The first game that comes to mind is Final Fantasy XI. Being in Windurst would be interesting, to say the least!

Crimson
08-12-2009, 12:59 PM
As much as FF would be awesome, I just cant decide on one perfect world, so i'd rather hit up DMC instead where Swords, Guns and Demons are your everyday essentials.

Sword
08-12-2009, 12:59 PM
What's to say that we aren't already generic NPCs in a game world?

Crimson
08-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Actually Scratch my last post, think i'll hit up the Anime world instead.

:pinkelephant:

Raistlin
08-12-2009, 01:09 PM
FFT would really suck. While I love fantasy settings in games, I would absolutely not want to live there.

FFXII would be pretty safe, in certain areas. I like FF7's world, but it wouldn't really be safe during the time of the game...

SomethingBig
08-12-2009, 04:41 PM

And we're programmed to do and say certain things by the man!

I'd probably go to one of the Super Mario worlds. As long as you're not Princess Peach, you're pretty safe.

Vermachtnis
08-12-2009, 05:12 PM

I'd probably go to one of the Super Mario worlds. As long as you're not Princess Peach, you're pretty safe.

What about the ones who got turned into the brick blocks?

Disgaea, if I'm gonna be an NPC I'm gonna pick a world were even they have high levels. And one where stupid stuff happens all the time.

Depression Moon
08-13-2009, 01:35 AM
I guess Metal Gear would be as safe as ours since it takes place on Earth and Snake and co never get into conflicts in civilain territory.

Darkswordofchaos
08-13-2009, 06:21 AM
I think i'd like to live on besaid in FFX

SomethingBig
08-13-2009, 07:40 AM

They give Mario money, whenever he hits them. So they're at least doing community service as bricks.

TurkSlayer
08-13-2009, 08:37 AM

For that matter, what if you're a Goomba? 0.o

I think I'd be pretty comfortable in Spira. Sure, always a chance of being swallowed by Sin, but as long as you stay in-land or in Luca, you're fairly safe. Plus I want to play Blitzball. :D

Yar
08-13-2009, 09:15 AM
The Sims 2. I can be the mailman that I make all my Sims sleep with.

Jiro
08-13-2009, 09:27 AM
Star Ocean. There's so many different worlds to choose from, depending on what kind of life I want to live.

Markus. D
08-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Ragnarok Online's World.

I'd be eternally happy.

BG-57
08-13-2009, 02:24 PM
I'd like to live in Dollet in FFVIII.

Sword
08-13-2009, 10:35 PM
I'd be a lowly demon that resides in Leviathan's rectum in DMC3 :bigsmile:.

Or I'd love to live in FFVIII's world and visit the field of flowers beside Edea's house. Just as long as a lunar cry doesn't fall on me or time doesn't compress it should be safe enough.

Medi
08-13-2009, 10:50 PM
I thought Winhill in FFVIII was the most quaint town I've ever seen in a video game. I'd like to live there for a nice, peaceful life.

Gaia in FFIX would be cool because I'd be a hippo or a rat or something fun like that. Then maybe I could river dance, right after digging up all the chocograph treasures. I'd want to live there a few years after the game, after all the destruction is done and stuff.

Or I'd love to live in FFVIII's world and visit the field of flowers beside Edea's house. Just as long as a lunar cry doesn't fall on me or time doesn't compress it should be safe enough.
That was one kickass orphanage. It'd be so cool to see it before it fell to ruins.

Rodarian
08-14-2009, 11:39 AM
As much as I love quaint lil places, I'd prefer the hustle and bustle of a Metropolis

I would live in Dollet as well in FVIII

On Board the Dammeruang in the Xenosaga series

Wolf Kanno
08-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Just wanted to mention that, yes, you will be living during the game time for this choice and don't assume you will be awesome or in the safest place on the planet. ;)

For the Sims, I'm not sure if I would trust the player to keep me safe if not outright torture me...

Shoeberto
08-14-2009, 07:16 PM
I guess Metal Gear would be as safe as ours since it takes place on Earth and Snake and co never get into conflicts in civilain territory.
You've apparently not played MGS4 yet. (not a spoiler btw)

Rapture probably would've been pretty tits to live in before everyone went insane. But then I would've just gone insane with them, so it's not like I'd care!

Rodarian
08-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Just wanted to mention that, yes, you will be living during the game time for this choice and don't assume you will be awesome or in the safest place on the planet. ;)

For the Sims, I'm not sure if I would trust the player to keep me safe if not outright torture me...

In that case The World of Balance living right through the World of Ruin for FF VI

Hmmm I wonder how would it feel the moment the world started to turn into ruins.....

Edgar
08-15-2009, 07:06 PM

In that case The World of Balance living right through the World of Ruin for FF VI

Hmmm I wonder how would it feel the moment the world started to turn into ruins.....

How on earth will you get food in World of Ruin? Meat is okay, but crops?

Rodarian
08-15-2009, 10:00 PM

How on earth will you get food in World of Ruin? Meat is okay, but crops?

I'll just have to eat those plant monsters as well...