PDA

View Full Version : Le Magie Bleu

Rantz
08-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Blue Magic!

Do you bother getting it? Do you get it all? Do you get every spell at the first moment it's available?

I usually get it, but mostly I don't bother to get it all, actually. I'm in Gizamaluke's Grotto right now though, and I'm about to attempt eating a Garuda on the plateau above, though I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. I could wait and eat a Zuu in the trunk of Cleyra later, but the skill might turn out to be very useful in the first Beatrix fight!

Quindiana Jones
08-13-2009, 08:27 PM
In my opinion, only a small handful of the Blue Magicks are useful. Frog Drop is generally useless for me, because by the time I get it, I'm a super high level and have the Gastro Fork so will hit high enough anyway. Really, I only use White Wind. 25% of Quina's max health on a high level is plenty of healing, especially when you consider it is for the whole party.

Like I said though, I'm a bit of an over-leveller, so my party can easily beat Necron with just Amarant as a healer.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Blue Magic is the best magic, and Quina is always in my party. :quina:

Learning Level 5 Death is a high point of the game, since it requires Quina to eat a giant, levitating, half-decayed zombie whale.

Marshall Banana
08-13-2009, 08:59 PM
I make Quina eat everything! :quina:

Blue Magic is the best magic.

Quindiana Jones
08-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Learning Level 5 Death is a high point of the game, since it requires Quina to eat a giant, levitating, half-decayed zombie whale.

In the whole game, he finds that ridiculous. :roll2

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-13-2009, 09:13 PM
It's not ridiculous. It's wonderful. :eiko:

Quindiana Jones
08-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Wonderfully ridiculous, yes. :)

Depression Moon
08-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Well you know Quin that you can get Frog Drop when you get Quina the frog monster you have to eat is in the marsh.

I don't really use much of Quina's at all. I don't know why Goblin punch even exists, it's useless. I mostly use Pumpkin Head, 1000 Needles, Frog Drop on occassion, White Wind, Matra Magic, and Mighty Guard.

I hate stupid spells like Lvl-3 Def-less and Lvl. 5 Holy. They waste too much time. The time I spend on checking the level of the enemies and calculating the multiple of it and then selecting the attack, could be spent on having Vivi cast Fira or Garnet summoning. Night stinks too.

Skyblade
08-13-2009, 10:12 PM
having Vivi cast Fira or Garnet

I read this as "having Vivi cast Fira on Garnet" and was wondering why you hated her. :D

I don't mind Blue Magic, I am just not a huge fan of the eat system.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-13-2009, 10:55 PM
I hate stupid spells like Lvl-3 Def-less and Lvl. 5 Holy. They waste too much time. The time I spend on checking the level of the enemies and calculating the multiple of it and then selecting the attack, could be spent on having Vivi cast Fira or Garnet summoning.

On the contrary, Level 5 Death is the best time-saver in the entire game. And the specificity of something like Level 4 Holy is balanced by the fact that it costs significantly less MP to cast than its ordinary white magic equivalent.

Skyblade
08-13-2009, 11:10 PM
I hate stupid spells like Lvl-3 Def-less and Lvl. 5 Holy. They waste too much time. The time I spend on checking the level of the enemies and calculating the multiple of it and then selecting the attack, could be spent on having Vivi cast Fira or Garnet summoning.

On the contrary, Level 5 Death is the best time-saver in the entire game. And the specificity of something like Level 4 Holy is balanced by the fact that it costs significantly less MP to cast than its ordinary white magic equivalent.

I'm guessing that in this game, as in most other FFs, the Level spells such as Level 5 Death have perfect accuracy against their specified targets, while the simple Death spell may miss?

Depression Moon
08-14-2009, 12:30 AM
yeah they do, but I still hate having to check their level first before I decide to cast it.

Quindiana Jones
08-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Well you know Quin that you can get Frog Drop when you get Quina the frog monster you have to eat is in the marsh.

What I meant was: by the time it's useful (100+ frogs), I'm already a high enough level to dish out high damage without wasting MP.

Marky Tee
08-14-2009, 10:58 AM
lvl 5 death was the most useful attack in the whole game

well after just normal attack when you have all your fighters with auto haste an mp attack and at levl 99
thats a killing squad right there

Jiro
08-14-2009, 11:15 AM
I'm eating everything I can, but I think Quina will get benched as soon as everyone joins up. I've just never used Blue Magic. Maybe I'll give it a shot this time though...