PDA

View Full Version : YouTube Issue (I'm really scared here, please read)

MJN SEIFER
08-13-2009, 10:58 PM
I have gone onto YouTube today, and checked my Account guidlines as I do everyday. And I have gotten a desturbing notification;

Your account is not in good standing.
You receive copyright strikes when we are notified by a third party that a video of yours infringes their copyright. Accumulation of three strikes may result in the termination of your account. Please visit our Copyright Tips page to learn about copyright. If there are any videos on your account for which you are not certain you have the necessary rights, please delete them now.

If you believe that a claim was made in error, you can also access references on fair use from the Copyright Tips page and find the instructions for submitting a counter-notification in our Help Centre.

The strikes that you have received are listed below. For your reference, a copy of each warning message has also been sent to the email associated with your account.

from Viacom International Inc. about Eamon VS Frankie: [****] it Right Back - MJNSEIFER
Video ID: xZlUtC_MAzI

Date Received: 24 March 2007

You'll notice that the date they recieved this was in 2007, when I'd only just started uploading videos, the video in question, was removed fairly soon after I uploaded it I understood as it was a mash up between two songs, and videos.

But I'm scared now, as after that I uploaded some music videos of TV Shows (and one FF game) that contained music that I had no copyright for, I didn't realize until two of them promply got taken down, and I removed the rest to protect my account.

The reason I'm scared is because I had my mash up deleted first and then two more videos, and seeing as they've only just notified me as my copyrights being "not in good standing" that means they can do the same for the other two - THAT'S THREE VIDEOS IN TOTAL[B I could get suspended for this.

I have no videos, but I plan to make some stuff (not Music Videos, I know I am not allowed now) when I get the equipment to do so. But I could already be on the ban list.

I don't want to get suspended because I want to stay as MJN SEIFER and they may not make it easy for me to get a second account.

Would it be a good idea (and would I be able) to delete my current acount and created anew one, with the same name, and a "clean slate" as it where?

Help needed!

Lenna
08-13-2009, 11:21 PM
If you're having problems with them then creating a new account wont make any difference as every account is based on IP address. If you get banned, then the IP address is banned, not just the account.

I'd suggest emailing them and saying you were unsure of the circumstances and that you can promise it wont happen again.

MJN SEIFER
08-13-2009, 11:30 PM
If you're having problems with them then creating a new account wont make any difference as every account is based on IP address. If you get banned, then the IP address is banned, not just the account.

I'd suggest emailing them and saying you were unsure of the circumstances and that you can promise it wont happen again.

What if I voluntarirly delete my acount and start again?

If this doesn't make a differences, how far does E-mailing them go? Will I have to pay? Go to Court? Reveal any details to them?

Also, I am at my familly house, but am moving into my own house, if I delete my account and start again would that have a different IP?

Lenna
08-13-2009, 11:35 PM
Basically, if you delete your account and start using it at the house you're in right now, then there's no point, cause your ip would be related to the account. If you delete the account before you leave and then create a new account in the new house then yeah, they wont know the difference.

As for emailing them, no they wont take you to court for it, and you wont have to pay. All they will do is remove the items and ban the account if you keep doing it. If you email them and tell them that you weren't sure what was the problem in your videos until this time, then you will most likely receive another warning, but only a warning and as long as you don't do anything like that again, you'll be fine.

MJN SEIFER
08-13-2009, 11:42 PM
Oh, does it matter if I logged in elswhere (the new place Included) I spent a couple of nights there and logged on YouTube.

Skyblade
08-13-2009, 11:44 PM
Oh, does it matter if I logged in elswhere (the new place Included) I spent a couple of nights there and logged on YouTube.

Maybe you could claim that all the bad stuff was uploaded from that second, evil IP, and that you'll make a new account so that whoever it is doesn't have access... :plotting:

MJN SEIFER
08-13-2009, 11:52 PM
No, I don't want to get in anymore trouble, I was very open about what I had uploaded on YouTube (I deleted all my videos that weren't claimed which is why I am suprised that I've only JUST entered "not in good standing" territory).

Lenna
08-14-2009, 12:10 AM
Basically, when you log in using a separate IP it is all logged and associated with that account, so yeah, its gonna be linked to your account through their logs. I would just email them and stick with the one you have atm. If you create a new account they may feel you're going to try doing the same under a different name perhaps.

MJN SEIFER
08-14-2009, 12:26 AM
ok, I will try it tomorow, hopefully I will still have my account by then.

Ok, I still have it so far, I will try to do an E-Mail today if I can. Ifit's ok, I'd like to posted on this thread to make sure it's ok to send and won't do more harm then good.

Ok, I'm havind difficulty knowing where and how to E-Mail YouTube - the only obvious one is "Copyright Complaints" and I don't want to complain.

Whereon the site can I get their E-Mail address?

MJN SEIFER
08-14-2009, 04:06 PM
This is what I have done so far, I realize I am double posting, but I want this to have a seperate pagefor ease of reading.

Dear YouTube Staff.

I have recently checked my accoount status, and it has come to my attention nthat my account is “not in good standing”, before I go any further I must stress that this is not a complaint E-Mail.

The reason my account is not in good standing is because of a copyright “strike” for a video that was removed by yourselves two years ago. I accept that the video in question is copyrighted so this is not an E-Mail to ask for you to reinstate the video. The reason I am E-Mailingyou is becuase I am concerned about my account.

As previously mentioned the video was removed at least two years ago, from what I can remember it was shortly after I uploaded it when it got deleted, and I recieved an E-Mail from you to explain why – it contained contained content owned by Viacom, once again I understand that it needed to be removed for legal reasons. The reason I am concerend is because although the video was removed two years ago, it has only just been added as a copyright strike, and although it is the only one so far, I have had two other videos disabled due to copyright reasons this year in January, before they where removed I didn’t realize that they where copyright protected as they where different types of videos to the Viacom owned one (those two had copyrighted music in the background while the Viacom one contained actual music videos) I accept that the music in the other two videos is copyrighted protected by their respective owners and have myself deleted all other videos with similar content and I promise to never upload videos like that again.

However what concerns me is because the Viacom one has only just been added as a “strike” despite being deleted years ago the other two could also be added despite the fact that they where deleted in January. I am concerned that the other two will be added as “strikes” which would mean that my account may get suspended – I really don’t want this, I didn’t realize that I was copyrighting, but I do now and I promise I won’t upload these videos again, as I preveiously stated I have deleted all other videos that contain similar content.

Does it look alrrght so far? Would you sugest anything, and help would be greatly appreciated as soon you can. Remember, I still haven't worked out how to send it. (need an E-Mail address.)

Peegee
08-14-2009, 04:46 PM
I had an account deleted on YT because I kept uploading simpsons clips.

So I made a new one.

For you, if you deleted all of your videos they have no reason to delete your account.

I would do that.

MJN SEIFER
08-14-2009, 04:49 PM
All my videos are deleted (even though the like to my latest one is still on my page even though my video isn't)

I am concerned that there may be to delayed "strikes" so I may have a "delayed" banning if that makes sense.

theundeadhero
08-14-2009, 05:58 PM
I wouldn't recommend bolding anything in the email if you didn't just do that for our sake.

MJN SEIFER
08-14-2009, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't recommend bolding anything in the email if you didn't just do that for our sake.

They where going to be bolded in the E-Mail, but if that's a bad idea I won't, thanks. Note: The reason I did it is because I wanted to make sure that they saw the important stuff, and didn't think I was arguing about my strike

Kirobaito
08-20-2009, 06:33 PM
I'd also fix the typos in the e-mail if you want to look professional and such.

redneckpride4ever
08-20-2009, 09:35 PM
My favorite youtube star is a guy named Big D, who makes the Redneck Minute. When his account got deleted, he made a new one- and invited me among the 1500 friends he has on myspace. Big D is back, better than ever, and he even said "(deleted) youtube" in his comeback video. I'd give the second account option a try.

Lenna
08-24-2009, 12:47 PM
No offense, but the person who created this thread is a genuine creator, and there is a high chance he could get banned permanently for doing that. If someone you know only wants to break rules, then that is their decision, but for someone who is genuinely wanting to create their own videos etc I would say that is very bad advice.