PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Singer to direct Battlestar Galactica flim

Miriel
08-14-2009, 08:50 AM
BUT WAIT!

It won't be based off the Sci-Fi network's reimagined BSG. Instead it'll be another reimagined version of the 1970s BSG.

Universal Pictures has confirmed blog speculation that Bryan Singer, director of Valkyrie, will take on directing and producing duties for a BSG movie. Glen Larson, who created original series back in 1978, will produce as well. The film is not expected to be a continuation of current popular television show that’s running on the SyFy network but will be a complete re-imagining of the sci-fi lore that was invented by Larson back in the 70s.

Apollo does not approve.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/554/0019bfy3.gif

Del Murder
08-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Yeah that's messed up. A real BSG movie would have been cool though.

NeoCracker
08-14-2009, 10:41 AM
Is it really so bad it's getting re-imagined again, instead of an addition to the latest run of the TV show? I mean true, it does get really silly to keep re-doing something, but I'd hardly call it messed up. :p

Slothy
08-14-2009, 11:21 AM
I wonder if Brian Singer realizes that whatever he does will be judged by the standard the show set and found unworthy. Because seriously, I can't see them doing another re-imagining that's better than the one we already had.

Madame Adequate
08-14-2009, 03:04 PM
What an utterly bizarre decision o_O As Vivi says it's going to be judged against the reimagined series and even if it's good, a lot of people are going to think it's not because it's different. It's too soon for this I think. The remake is still pretty fresh in people's minds.

sephireland
08-15-2009, 01:32 AM
I wonder if Brian Singer realizes that whatever he does will be judged by the standard the show set and found unworthy. Because seriously, I can't see them doing another re-imagining that's better than the one we already had.

Agreed, the show was pitch perfect and the ending was about as good an ending as I've ever seen. This movie could well end up being despised by fans. Wouldn't be surprised if Singer moved on to another project.

Unbreakable Will
08-15-2009, 02:50 PM
I'll be honest, I've never really cared for Battlestar Galactica, I just couldn't get into it for some reason.

sephireland
08-18-2009, 12:50 AM
I'll be honest, I've never really cared for Battlestar Galactica, I just couldn't get into it for some reason.

Meh, I was honest once. I got over it...

Meow
08-18-2009, 01:22 AM
"yeah pretty much I will never direct a movie without a christ analogue" -bryan singer, 1976

LunarWeaver
08-18-2009, 10:31 PM
I love Singer as a director and I love BSG, but I don't know how to feel about this. I would rather he focus on another project. "Too soon" comes to mind.