PDA

View Full Version : Quin, you're a stupid son of a...

Quindiana Jones
08-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Years and years ago, blah blah blah.

Basically I got rid of Shadow of the Colossus when I got rid of my PS2. I really shouldn't've. Bear in mind I'm the kind of person that still owns their original copy of FF9. Now, SotC has become a freaking classic and a collectible and costs £5000000000000000 to buy off the internet, and shops just don't sell it. Not funny. I should not have traded that game in.

Talk about game/console related things you regret. I imagine I'm not the only person here who has done something as stupid as this. :)

Masamunemaster
08-14-2009, 06:55 PM
I saw the black label version for like $10-15 a while back over here

Dreddz
08-14-2009, 07:19 PM
People keep telling me I'm an idiot for still keeping three original copies of FFVII. Ill tell them they are right, and then forget the conversation minutes later.

One day, when I'm too old to be caring about video games, Ill sell all the rare crap in my house, and become a millionaire. And if not a millionaire, then at least a little better off. Still have a copy of Samurai Shodown II for the Neo Geo, can't wait to see what thats worth in a few years.

Medi
08-14-2009, 07:36 PM
I never have anything of value to throw out. :p

My older brother, on the other hand, still has his old Nintendo and many of the games, the most notable being the original Final Fantasy cartridge in its box, complete with the instruction book and some coupon for Mario. He'd oughta hold on to that for a while longer. It could be worth a decent amount in the future. Not that anyone would likely want to play it nowadays, but some collector might be into it.

PeTeRL90
08-14-2009, 07:57 PM
I regret not buying Big Rigs. That's like the best racing game ever.

Rodarian
08-14-2009, 10:13 PM
I have the original silver addition for ffvii and original fviii for pc

What I regret is letting my bro keep the nes console and all the classic games....

Now he's sold them and they are worth a pretty penny :P :P

Big D
08-15-2009, 01:22 AM
I played SotC a couple of years back, when my flatmate bought it. I recently got my own copy - after about a year of constantly looking out for it - for all of $17. Second-hand, but intact, in the original box, with the manual and art cards and everything. That was a good day.

I really regret not buying Final Fantasy Origins when I had the chance, though it was pretty expensive (and I was pretty poor) at the time. One store had one copy; I've never seen it since.

sephireland
08-15-2009, 01:39 AM
Meh, play em trade em. Life goes on...

Vermachtnis
08-15-2009, 02:23 AM

What's wrong with you!? Your Not Winner! It's not "like" the best racing game ever, it's the best game ever period!

Anyway I still have a non-greatest Hits of Xenogears and Koudelka. I guess that's the best thing I own.

Timekeeper
08-15-2009, 03:21 AM
Unfortunately I managed not to buy Conker's Bad Fur Day for $5...
But I've never really sold any of my games, to avoid situations above.

PeTeRL90
08-15-2009, 04:11 AM

What's wrong with you!? Your Not Winner! It's not "like" the best racing game ever, it's the best game ever period!

Even better than Superman 64?

Edgar
08-15-2009, 07:03 PM

QFT!!!

and yes, it's 100 times better than that Superman 64

PeTeRL90
08-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Wait, Verma, there's a greatest hits version of Koudelka? Are you sure about that?

Peegee
08-15-2009, 11:53 PM
I am still looking for a marvel versus capcom 2 for ps2

SO EXPENSIVE ON EBAY WTF =(

Vermachtnis
08-16-2009, 01:09 AM
Wait, Verma, there's a greatest hits version of Koudelka? Are you sure about that?

I dunno. Mine isn't. :p

PeTeRL90
08-16-2009, 04:01 AM
I doubt it is. It's pretty much one of the rarest RPGs out there so I don't think it sold all that much to begin with.

Breine
08-19-2009, 04:41 PM
You can still buy new copies of both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus in Denmark :P

Anyway, when I was around maybe 8 I sold my NES (and the games I had, which included Kirby's Adventure, Battletoads, Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 etc.) to get enough money to buy a PlayStation. At that time I didn't know what I was doing, and I still regret it to this day :(
It would've been so cool to still have my NES.