PDA

View Full Version : Most Annoying Mini-Game

BG-57
08-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Although the FF series holds promise of many annoying mini-games, my money's on Suikoden IV:

The Mouse Catching game is annoying for two reasons: the mice are hard to pick up, and if Champo collides with a wall or crates, he falls over stunned for about five seconds. So if you hit a wall even once there's no way to win on the harder levels.

Although the Lighting Dodging game in FFX gets an honorable mention. It's an endurance ordeal, and if you mess up even once, its over. Not fun at all.

Some have an amazingly steep difficulty curve like fishing in FFXII or Lightning Towers in FFX-2, where the easier levels are simple and the harder ones are nearly impossible. But at least they are fun some of the time.

Rodarian
08-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Gummi ships for KH Series....Honestly I was least bothered to even try to build up my ships or what all I could have done..Just get me to the next world! :P

Wolf Kanno
08-16-2009, 02:27 AM
Gummi ships sucked in KH1 but I felt the second game did a stand up job and made it one of the most enjoyable experiences in the game.

Where do I begin...
FFVII - Basketball, Arm Wrestling, and the Fighting game (not to be confused with the Battle Arena) are pretty bland and terrible. Speed Square is also kinda crappy without a Turbo Controller...

FFIX - Tetra Master, cause its pointless, its not fun, and its totally random. Honestly the worst minigame ever imo.

FFX - All of them, especially Blitzball. :mad:

FFX-2 - The Matchmaker and PR campaigns in the Calm Lands. The Chocobo game is also terrible.

DMC Series - Special Trials, more aggravating than fun.

Persona 1 and 2 - Judgment 1999, though to be fair it only applies to any game that isn't Blackjack or Poker. Cheating bastards...

Thousand Arms - Trivia game with the last girl, she asks you stuff that the game never even tells you about (probably cause some random NPC knows it or a bad translation). Its really obnoxious.

I can probably think of more later...

Markus. D
08-16-2009, 07:30 AM
DMC Series - Special Trials, more aggravating than fun

That's the general idea, they're meant for moderate to pro-players (to see how well they have learned the advanced techniques).

I'll use an example: I imagine there are multiple ones that involve "not being allowed to touch the ground" or something relative... that's to test how well you can time jump cancels.

Edgar
08-16-2009, 01:25 PM
To me, Blitzball from FFX is so easy it doesn't really get annoying.

Gummi Ships from KH1 really sucked. The whole minigame is boring and it is possible not to destroy anything to pass the stage. Oh it's also very slow. KH2 was when it became really really fun.

FFIX jump rope was...painful -.- Maybe I just suck lol.

Raistlin
08-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Although the FF series holds promise of many annoying mini-games, my money's on Suikoden IV:

The Mouse Catching game is annoying for two reasons: the mice are hard to pick up, and if Champo collides with a wall or crates, he falls over stunned for about five seconds. So if you hit a wall even once there's no way to win on the harder levels.

YES. That game was very annoying.

Also the dice game is annoying in all non-Suikoden I games, because after playing Suikoden I you actually expect to win.

I was never really annoyed by many other mini-games in other games; if I didn't care for them I just wouldn't play them or think about them again.

Crimson
08-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Triple triad, i'd sooner play Tetra master because at least I didnt have to spend hours resetting to spread some goddamn rule just to make the game a bit more broken than it already is.

Vermachtnis
08-16-2009, 04:46 PM

Yea that was annoying, I just did it to recruit those two guys. Luckily there's also Ritapon, which is like the best minigame.

I wanna say Hippaul racing in FFIX. For nothing else, just because you can't put it off until later. There's just a small window to do it.

Wolf Kanno
08-16-2009, 05:00 PM
DMC Series - Special Trials, more aggravating than fun

That's the general idea, they're meant for moderate to pro-players (to see how well they have learned the advanced techniques).

I'll use an example: I imagine there are multiple ones that involve "not being allowed to touch the ground" or something relative... that's to test how well you can time jump cancels.

Oh, I know what its for. I just never enjoyed doing them. Even when they were easy I felt they were a waste of time. The rest of the game is awesome but these just always seemed to suck the fun out of it which is why I don't care for them... That and the RE style puzzles...

Bunny
08-16-2009, 08:51 PM
FFIX - Tetra Master, cause its pointless, its not fun, and its totally random. Honestly the worst minigame ever imo.

Pretty much. I just played a few games and couldn't figure out how my clearly superior card (by all figures and logic conclusions) could lose to a 0P00 Rank 1 card with one arrow. Games that are completely random and allow you no real control over them are doomed to completely suck.

I Don't Need A Name
08-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Not really a minigame, but Mercineries in the RE series.
Resi 3 - Its do-able when being Carlos or Mikhail, but Nicholai? How can you do a knife run of that INCREDABLY difficult game?
Resi 4 - Giant Chainsaw Man. 'Nuff Said.
Resi 5 - Becomes do-able in 2 player

Marshall Banana
08-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Although the Lighting Dodging game in FFX gets an honorable mention. It's an endurance ordeal, and if you mess up even once, its over. Not fun at all.
It took me only three tries, and I completed it - for the first time - yesterday! I paused the game and took a break after every thirty or forty strikes.

I kind of like it!

Jessweeee♪
08-16-2009, 09:45 PM
FFX Chocobo racing >:[

Also fishing in Persona 4 >:[

Laddy
08-16-2009, 10:40 PM
How about a game of Lucky Hit?

SomethingBig
08-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Spider-Man 2 has a special place in my heart, but even I have to admit that the crap you had to do in the part with Mysterio is retarded. The obstacle course was annoying because in order to complete it, you had to be very comfortable with the controls because they were fairly clunky and awkward. Another required you to drop criminals into little ditches, which is just stupid.

black orb
08-19-2009, 05:26 PM
>>> FF1 puzzle..

Raistlin
08-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Spider-Man 2 has a special place in my heart, but even I have to admit that the crap you had to do in the part with Mysterio is retarded. The obstacle course was annoying because in order to complete it, you had to be very comfortable with the controls because they were fairly clunky and awkward.

I wouldn't consider that a mini-game because it was part of the main plot, but you are definitely right. It was incredibly annoying and almost made me quit the game.

McLovin'
08-19-2009, 09:17 PM
DODGE 200 LIGHTNING BOLTS!

krissy
08-20-2009, 07:41 PM
ff7
strategy game

Raistlin
08-20-2009, 09:18 PM
krissy, you better not be talking about the Fort Condor battle, because if you are I may never be able to talk to you again.