PDA

View Full Version : Yuna's Ballad

asukaevaunit02
08-15-2009, 01:09 PM
This is something that has got me thinking lately, I remember the first time hearing Yuna's Ballad in the game when you fight against the first aeon. I thought it was a bit strange to have while fighting an aeon.

I was wondering is there any point/meaning behind this song? (especially at that point)
And does it appear anywhere else in the game...? I don't recall hearing it anywhere else...

Don't get me wrong I love the song, but something seems out of place...

leader of mortals
08-16-2009, 03:09 AM
Well, having Yuna's ballad be the song for when you fight the first of Yuna's Aeons makes the battle a much more powerful experience. I think it was used to show Yuna's love for her aeon, and it is used during the game many times when Yuna is reminiscing or showing strong feelings.

blackmage_nuke
08-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Its an emotional battle but it wouldve been much more effective and make more sense to have a gentle song at the end of FFX than during X-2

Forsaken Lover
08-20-2009, 09:19 PM
I believe you hear the song after Lablanc and the other two and Rikku run off on your way to the Infiltrate Bevelle mission. Alone with Paine, Yuna narrates to the song.

It's just an emotional version of her main theme used for powerful moments..

Belugn
09-06-2009, 01:35 PM
I thiiink it's playing when Yuna holds some sort of little speech before facing Shuyin or after facing Shuyin...or something like that too? Or maybe I'm just fuzzy, been a while since I played that game now. I loved that theme anyway, sad in a (bitter)sweet way, kind of like Yuna. (Though in FFX-2 she was mostly just..sad.)

The soundtrack of FFX-2 was it's ace. Mostly fun, but with some really nice sad themes too. :)

Tuhkasieni
09-09-2009, 10:08 AM
You can hear Yunas Ballad during the last mission in Luca (sound of a whistle) everytime she gets flashbacks of tidus.. .:D