PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Dusk

Timekeeper
08-16-2009, 11:46 AM
I know I'm a few years behind the eight ball on this one, but I finally found and bought a copy of Hotel Dusk: Room 215 today and after only playing for a few moments I was extremely happy with my purchase.

I love adventure games and after a quick search I discovered that the Ace Attorney series and Trace Memory are in a similar category, but I was wondering which way to go.

Does anyone have any suggestions for games that are similar to Hotel Dusk, or even where to start with the Ace Attorney series?

Edgar
08-16-2009, 01:30 PM
For Ace Attorney, start from the first one, followed by Justice for All, Trials and Tribulations and finally Apollo Justice.

Haven't played Trace Memory yet though

Agent Proto
08-16-2009, 01:34 PM
It's great to hear that you got your hands on Hotel Dusk. Of the two you want to venture into, I would recommend Ace Attorney, but Trace Memory is also a good game since it was developed by the same people that developed Hotel Dusk. So either way you go, you won't be disappointed.

If you plan on starting with Ace Attorney, I would recommend getting the first game, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, as your first game in the series. It'll probably be very hard to find, but the best of luck on your search. You'll best get it online somewhere.

Aydin
08-17-2009, 04:48 AM
Isn't Kyle the hottest guy ever! :D

Edgar
08-17-2009, 05:29 AM
Can't wait for that Edgeworth game coming out (http://www.wiisworld.com/wii-news/miles-edgeworth-trailer.html)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-17-2009, 05:59 AM
I know I'm a few years behind the eight ball on this one

That's not how that metaphor works.

Hotel Dusk is horrible, so if you like that, you should experience some kind of religious epiphany if you play the Ace Attorney games. Start with the first one and continue in linear fashion.

Levian
08-17-2009, 10:54 AM
I've been drooling over this game for a little while but never got around to playing it because my sister said it sucked. :p We've got very similar taste, so I didn't question it much until now. I love Phoenix Wright and she hates it. I guess I should give this one a try. :mog:

Timekeeper
08-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Alas! Now I feel like a total idiot.
Well you know what they say... When in Rome!

Thanks for the advice everyone, I think I will definitely check out the Ace Attorney series. Although, it seems I'll have my hands full for a while there, are there any other games in that genre that you'd suggest?

and yea, I can actually imagine he'd do well in the hottest guy in gaming xD

Edit: I rarely spend money at all, but I'm glad I bought this. If you liked games like Broken Sword, Escape from Monkey Island or any of those adventure games, I suggest you get it Lev.

Jessweeee♪
08-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Trace Memory is lovely. Much more kiddie than Hotel Dusk, but I thought it was cute n.n

Out of the two, I'd say Ace Attorney is my favorite, though. Keep an eye out for a game called Again: Eye of Providence. Should be out later this year or next year, maybe you'll like that one, too.

Timekeeper
08-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Oh cool, thank you Jess :)
Again: EoP looks really good from the little I just read. I'll be certainly getting that :D

Dignified Pauper
08-18-2009, 01:43 PM
I loved Hotel Dusk and there are many multiple endings you can have.

That said, Phoenix Wright is classic. I have only played Trials and Tribulations and I LOVED it. The humor in the game is perfect and the story arch between everything is just great. You actually feel some attachment toward the characters.

Jiro
08-18-2009, 01:47 PM
The only problem is you're going to find it tough to pick up any copy of Ace Attorney for under $50, even second-hand. This should be enough proof that it is awesome though :)

Timekeeper
08-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Yes well, Objection! (http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3196789)

Not wholly needed, but I thought it was necessary :D