PDA

View Full Version : Tifa's friends

Shattered Dreamer
08-16-2009, 10:18 PM
FFVII randomness! During Clouds flashbacks while in the lifestream he unearths a childhood memory featuring Tifa & some friends of hers. Looking at the player models they look like child versions of Biggs, Wedge & Jesse of Avalanche. Anyone else notice this?

FFIX Choco Boy
08-16-2009, 11:30 PM
I didn't notice it. Can u give us some pics?

The Turk
08-17-2009, 12:17 AM
Yeah they look a bit like them. I am sure if it were them then it would contradict some stuff mentioned in the plot however.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-17-2009, 12:28 AM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/efuefu/ffviissx21765.png

I can see a superficial resemblance now that I'm actively looking for any, but these are generic "kid" models you can find elsewhere throughout the game. I don't think any connection was intended.

Shattered Dreamer
08-17-2009, 12:27 PM
The part where they're walking up Mt Nibel is when I thought they looked like them but I see what you mean with the generic kid models. I thought it would've shed some light upon 3 characters we knew very little about!

MJN SEIFER
08-20-2009, 11:01 PM
I thought I could identify them all by looks, but I can't one things for certain, I don't think they're the AVALANCHE members, for one thing they're all boys (so Jessie can't be there).

They have to be people who know Cloud and Tifa and have been roughly the same age as them, maybe slightly older/younger? So which of the characters knew them aside from their family members?

From what I can remember there's the photographer, the item shop staff (even though Cloud forgets the rest of the scene) and the father of the two kids that copy each other. All of them recognised Cloud so it could have been either one of them. (Note sure about the last one as it's difficult to judge his age) It did cross my mind one could be Johnny, but I don't think anyone looks like him...

darkchrono
08-30-2009, 01:51 PM
Those are indeed just character models they recycled instead of inventing an entirely new looking character design.

You can also see characters that look very similar to Biggs and Wedge in the flashback when Aeris's mom is at the train station.

Jiro
08-30-2009, 02:22 PM
I always figured they were Biggs and Wedge :confused:

Crimson
08-30-2009, 02:40 PM
It's Tifa pimp crew.

darkchrono
08-30-2009, 03:29 PM
I always figured they were Biggs and Wedge :confused:

If you think about it though it really is kind of pointless to spend time creating entirely new looking characters for nothing more then filling up the background (or atmosphere...whatever you want to call it) within a scene.

MJN SEIFER
09-03-2009, 09:24 PM
If you think about it though it really is kind of pointless to spend time creating entirely new looking characters for nothing more then filling up the background (or atmosphere...whatever you want to call it) within a scene.[/QUOTE]

I accept that I can't expect Square to create a new character for every single non-imortant background character, hell theres tons of bacground characters in FFVII alone that look exactly the same (some are easy to spot), however if yor "cloning" a named character (like Biggs, Jessie, Johnny, or Watts in FFVIII) it is a bit weird because we know them as that character...

theundeadhero
09-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Considering everyone in the town is slaughtered and then replaced with ShinRa employees, they're noone important.

Jaffer
09-06-2009, 01:48 AM
They left town to get jobs, like Tifa mentioned in their flashback Early drafts of the FFVII script had you find Tifa's diary and have it mention how she was called out to the watertower by six other boys making similiar promises as Cloud. But apparantly they didn't check back with her.