PDA

View Full Version : Xbox RPG game

Italian
08-17-2009, 03:08 PM
I am saving up for an Xbox 360 and I was wondering is there any real good RPGs for it? I am mostly buying it for Halo 3 and COD4 but it would be nice to have a good RPG in there too.. Can anyone help me out? Thanks

Crimson
08-17-2009, 04:08 PM
Um, Last Remnant?

Oh you said GOOD RPG's.

I got nothing.

Zeromus_X
08-17-2009, 04:22 PM
-Eternal Sonata (but if you have a PS3, get the PS3 version since it has more content)
-Tales of Vesperia
-Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope
-Infinite Undiscovery
-Blue Dragon
-The Last Remnant (but apparently PC version is better)
-The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (get Game of the Year Addition which has all the add-ons)
-Fallout 3

Italian
08-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Oooo I forgot about Oblivion. I played that with a friend a while back. Thanks!

Madame Adequate
08-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Star Ocean 4 is good.

Psychotic
08-17-2009, 05:12 PM
-The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (get Game of the Year Addition which has all the add-ons)
-Fallout 3I think Fallout 3 also has a GotY addition on the horizon too.

DK
08-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Mass Effect is better than everything else that's been mentioned so far itbt

Dreddz
08-17-2009, 05:31 PM
All the JRPG's are in the "been there, done that" territory unfortunately. There are a fair few decent WRPG's though, like Fallout 3 and Fable 2. I'd say go for Fable 2.

SomethingBig
08-17-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm really disappointed to see that Lost Odyssey hasn't been mentioned. It's what FFX and FFXII should've been. It was made by Mistwalker, which is comprised of developers from the old Squaresoft.

Craig
08-17-2009, 06:23 PM
u could even get sacred 2 if ur into diablo type games but ive not played it so dunno if its any good

Madame Adequate
08-17-2009, 06:27 PM

Yes. Qft.

Fallout 3 isn't bad, but if you want Oblivion you need to get the PC edition so that you can mod it until it's actually fun.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-17-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm really disappointed to see that Lost Odyssey hasn't been mentioned. It's what FFX and FFXII should've been. It was made by Mistwalker, which is comprised of developers from the old Squaresoft.

Yes, Lost Odyssey is excellent. It's exactly what the next Final Fantasy might have been had it been in Sakaguchi's hands.

Bunny
08-17-2009, 06:51 PM
-Eternal Sonata (but if you have a PS3, get the PS3 version since it has more content)
-Tales of Vesperia
-Infinite Undiscovery
-Blue Dragon
-Fallout 3

I didn't enjoy ANY of those games. Save Star Ocean 4 because I haven't played it yet.

Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey are amazing though.

SomethingBig
08-17-2009, 07:03 PM
I wasn't a big fan of those games, either. I've never played Oblivion, though, but I want to. I also want to give Blue Dragon a shot, but I'm afraid the battle system will be too simple, like Dragon Quest.

Slothy
08-17-2009, 07:32 PM

Meh. The dialogue branches were mostly well done and more natural than KOTOR, and the combat was pretty decent, but the story was too predictable and the characters a little too cliched for my liking. A fun game overall, but not half as amazing as it was made out to be.

xXsarahXx
08-17-2009, 11:08 PM
cheers for the heads up, lost odyssey just purchased :D

Dante WolfWood
08-17-2009, 11:36 PM
-Tales of Vesperia
-Infinite Undiscovery
-Blue Dragon
-Fallout 3

def. vesperia. probably the best RPG on the 360 if you are a fan of tales games. its deep, beautiful, and the battle system is a great upgrade to the already great linear battle system. plus, it is probably the only RPG i have so far enjoyed playing with someone, the battle system with a friend is freaking amazing. (alot of RPGs that offer multiplayer....just suck)

alot of people knock tales from the get go, and normally quit after playing for 30 minutes because the games beginning are kinda sluggish (they do this on purpose I believe)....but if you can keep pressing on, they can be some of the best RPGs experiences of your lifetime!

SomethingBig
08-17-2009, 11:51 PM

You made a superb choice.

Brennan
08-18-2009, 02:00 AM

A really superb choice
Lost Odyssey an Oblivion FTW
Fallout 3 is nice, and Fable 2, too.

Masamunemaster
08-18-2009, 03:03 AM
I rented Lost oddessey cause usually when I buy "good games" they end up sucking hard, but lost oddessey I was almost late for work so many times cause I just couldnt put it down lol

TurkSlayer
08-18-2009, 04:25 AM
Fallout and Oblivion will give you infinite hours of enjoyable game-playing. Lost Odyssey is nice if you want an FF-style game with a fairly original story, which, since you're in an FF forum, I'd figure you do.

Also, Mass Effect was excellent.

Jiro
08-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Depending on your taste, all or none of the games already mentioned are good. I'll give another shout out to Fallout 3 and Mass Effect though, definitely enjoyable.

xXsarahXx
08-18-2009, 12:01 PM

A really superb choice
Lost Odyssey an Oblivion FTW
Fallout 3 is nice, and Fable 2, too.

Im excited to get it nopw, been needing a good RPG fix for a while.
Last one i completed was Fable 2 (which people need to buy btw!)

ChaosWolf
08-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Mass Effect is great but its very short.:mad2: