PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about Via Infinito

Saber
08-17-2009, 05:44 PM
1. How do you kill Tonberry kings when they hit for more HP then you can have? They are way to fast for me. Even with mascot at level 99.

2. It is possible to fight the last boss again. Can you get more then 1 Iron Duke in one playthrough?

3. What would be the idea set up for the characters, no iron duke and all the dress spheres?

I have to ask or tough it out and see. I don't have the will to find out myself. I'm at level 60 now and some areas seem like you have to fight Tonberry King.

Formalhaut
08-17-2009, 05:49 PM
I have an a answer for No. 2

You can't fight the final final boss there, but you can kick Paragon's Butt as many times as you want. Just head back to the last cloister and he will be towards the back of the area.

Too be honest, Lvl 60 seems too low, Id say Late 70's higher. 80's are preferable, if you can, 90's.

Besides you'll level up some in the later cloisters.

Karifean
08-17-2009, 07:07 PM
1.)

Mega-Tonberries are very strong, but with Auto-Protect and Defense of 200+ easy. Also, they become a bit easier in Oversoul, as they don't continuously use Chef's Knife then. Same with Elder Drakes, by the way. Oh and you are NEVER forced to fight either.

2.)

No, Trema is only defeatable once each playthrough. And since you don't receive the Iron Duke as a spoil, but during a cutscene after the battle, you would get only 1 Iron Duke per playthrough either way.

3.)

I'd say triple mascot with everything learned. Equip either Defense and MDefense raising accessoires or Auto-Haste, Invincible etc.
I forgot the name of the accessoires which raise Defense and MDefense by 60, but you ought to give each character one of the Defense-60-raiser. Yuna and Paine should have Invincible and Rikku either the MDefense-60-raiser or Auto-Haste or anything else that's good.

During the fight, open up with Mog-Regeja and drain all 999 MP of Trema. In the International version, this isn't possible, so watch out. Then start spamming Mog Beam and Cactling Gun and always use Rikku to do a combo just before the hit (+50% damage). Use Yuna, or when you're getting screwed, Rikku, to heal. Trema will do his 3-hit-attacks to deal some damage, but it shouldn't be too much. If you drained his MP, he will use neither Flare nor Ultima, but he will use Meteo! Continue spamming MB and CG until Trema dies (should happen after max. 15 minutes).

Overall, Trema is an easy opponent. Yet, FFX-2 has probably the greatest challenge in all FFs - Major Numerus. He has 2.666.664 HP in total (555.555 one head, 666.666 two heads, 777.777 one head) and leaves 2 Enterprises and 2 Invincibles after a win. Rarely, one of those items will be replaced by 5 Iron Dukes. But for YRP, I bet you will need a Miracle Drink to survive even a minute! Captured fiends are better. Oops, forgot to say, he's only available in Final Fantasy X-2 International during Farplane Cup. Only released in Japan. Sorry.

Saber
08-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks a lot for all the info. I'm at Cloister 83 and rising. This has got to be my favorite dungeon. I guess I got a lot more work to do if I want 3 iron dukes. 6 is too many 3 iron dukes and 3 key to success will do. But boy the things I'd do for those 5 iron dukes you mentioned Karifean.

EDIT : I just got my iron duke. Really makes me want more. I guess 187 hours just isn't enough. btw it took me like 5 hours to do that damn dungeon.

What I did was three mascots 200% more HP. Then I used Stanima tonics to double more HP. From there I had Yuna cure with mog-cure, Rikku and Pain took there trips around the Garment grid and then I let Rikku act the curing and Yuna went around GG. I was using the higher power. After that I turned to the advice and used Yunas mog-beam and Paines Cactling Gun. Rikku went with full cures when needed but mostly attacked.

Questions on the subject anyone?

BG-57
08-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Catnip + Gunner = Cheap Kills. Cheap but not cheating. Just be careful, because the default target is the little Tonberry with the Tonberry King.

If you're a completionist (like me) and want all the Blue Bullet skills, you need to fight MT at least once.

Saber
08-25-2009, 04:40 PM
I am a completionist and have had my eye on cry in the night for quite some time now. I made it through the whole area once and was getting oversoul monsters for the end GG when I bumped into tonberry king by mistake. I was in the area full of tonberries and thought I could attack the little ones to build up the kills. Fail. A big tonberry came over instead. I thought I was dead but I killed the little guy and to my suprise, tonberry king over souled.

I got all but two blue bullet spells btw. Can you get cry in the night with an over soul tonberry king or does it have to be a normal fight with one?

BG-57
08-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Mega Tonberry has to be oversouled. As you've found out, normal Tonberries count toward that, so you only have to fight MT once. As previously mentioned, they are easier to fight when oversouled, maybe because you're trying to drag out the battle instead of ending it quickly. :tonberry:

Paragon is also easier on oversoul, and you can kill any Weapon in any dungeon to add to the kill count.

Incidently although BB skills carry over to New Game+, you'll have to level up the characters to get enough MP to actually use all those high powered BB. :(

Saber
08-27-2009, 04:00 AM
I just learned cry of the night in the infinito. That mastered my gun mage and I'm thrilled about that. I got a list of 4 more monsters I need to over soul for the end GG. Which by now I am not sweating. Sad thing is I'm going to start a new game plus once again after I get my second Iron Duke and the 4 oversouls. That way I got 3 iron dukes and 3 key to success. My life will be one more step to complete.

BG-57
08-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Congrats.

I've heard of people who've done six playthroughs to get six Iron Dukes. I've never loved a game that much. For FFX-2, I'd be satisfied in getting at least one of each item. Which would require a minimum of three playthroughs.

The only game I've ever managed to do that are the original FFT. I came close with FFV (minus some either/or choices), FFVI (ditto) FFVII (minus Parasol and Flayer), FFVIII (minus Gamestation-only items), and Dragon Warrior VII (minus some rare random monster drops).

Big D
08-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Catnip + Gunner = Cheap Kills. Cheap but not cheating.Yes:D This, plus two Mascots, is a great combo for slaughtering nearly anything.