PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to die? HUH?!

SomethingBig
08-17-2009, 07:11 PM
My friend recently got my into Korean drama movies by making me watch Windstruck. I cried like a baby at the end and I ain't afraid to admit it because real men admit when they've cried. After that, I watched My Sassy Girl, because I'm in love with Jun Ji-Hyun. :love: I only have two of her movies left, so I'm wondering where the heck do I go from here?

Does anyone else watch Asian dramas or the ones I talked about above?

Breine
08-17-2009, 07:23 PM
I love Asian cinema in general. I can't really highlight any countries without feeling like I missed something, but I know that I've enjoyed movies from the following countries: India, Japan, Hong Kong/China, Korea etc.

I'm a movie lover, and of course there are other places than Hollywood that make fantastic (and often better) movies.

Miriel
08-17-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Korean dramas. I think they're way melodramatic. Someone is always dying or having amnesia and other soap opera shenanigans. But my whole family is into them. Whenever my brother breaks up with a girlfriend, all he does for about 2 weeks is watch Korean dramas non-stop. I think it's like therapy to him. I'm attempting to watch more Korean dramas to improve my Korean though.

I got recommendations to watch:

Full House
Boys Before Flowers

South Korean films on the other hand keep getting better and better imho. They've had a real revitalization in their film industry. Still a huge taste for the melodramatic though. A hugely popular film a year or so ago was A Millionaire's First Love. If you cried watching Windstruck, you'll probably cry watching this too.

Dreddz
08-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Not a huge fan of Asian dramas but I did enjoy the Chungking Express alot. Definitely worth checking out whether or not you likes Hong Kong cinema.

SomethingBig
08-18-2009, 12:31 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Korean dramas. I think they're way melodramatic.

I haven't seen any of the TV shows, but I've been considering it because everyone I know watches them. I knew someone in high school that was your typical trouble-making bad boy who was obsessed with this Korean drama that was on TV. :D

Bunny
08-18-2009, 12:40 AM
Whenever my brother breaks up with a girlfriend, all he does for about 2 weeks is watch Korean dramas non-stop. I think it's like therapy to him.

How many times has that happened?

I have never seen a Korean soap opera or drama. I'm an uncultured American swine.

Crimson
08-18-2009, 03:36 AM
Not really a drama but I absolutely loved the korean film Brotherhood: Taegukgi, and it almost made me cry (A task which even My Dog Skip couldnt pull off).

Seriously, it's a good film, go look it up.

NOW.

Moon Rabbits
08-18-2009, 06:24 AM
THE BEST KOREAN MOVIE EVER EVER IS "I'M A CYBORG BUT THAT'S OKAY."

edit: I lie, though, because the Vengeance trilogy is also wonderful. even though that isn't drama as much as it is gorefest.