PDA

View Full Version : Academia finally answers a worthwhile question

Heath
08-18-2009, 09:45 AM
I jest in the title, of course, but I think we can all agree that this is a very worthwhile and revolutionary piece of research.

BBC NEWS | Science & Environment | Science ponders 'zombie attack' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8206280.stm)

I say this for two reasons:

First of all it was conducted by Professor Robert Smith? and anyone who has punctuation in their name should be held in the highest regard. Secondly, it's nice that we're actually doing something about the obvious zombie threat that will threaten humanity eventually.

So, what do you think about the fact that this paper has been written and what do you make of its conclusion?

Also, if you had to have a punctuation mark in your name, which would it be?

Moon Rabbits
08-18-2009, 10:03 AM
~

That's what it would be.

Rodarian
08-18-2009, 10:28 AM
As funny as the article goes...It does lend it self to reason..Infact I just remembered and read about the Corrupted Blood Incident on WoW...Scientist discovered how the virtual world actually mimicked real live scenarios such as avian flu, swine flu....They also reflected terrorism aspects....Really its quite a facinating read.

Signed by

Murtaza Bukhari$

Aerith's Knight
08-18-2009, 10:47 AM
This is so sad.. how on earth did he ever get to be a professor? xP

Timekeeper
08-18-2009, 12:15 PM
If you look at it the way the Zombie Squad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_Squad)do, it is quite a relevant situation to discuss.

Jiro
08-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Like stated in the paper - there are too many variables. We can try and be prepared, but how do we prepare for something we're not 100% sure about? It's good to see that people are taking steps to try and clarify this though.

I'm down with a ~ too really.

Psychotic
08-18-2009, 01:59 PM
A zombie attack would be quashed instantly by the army of nerds who would rapidly exhaust the world's supply of shotguns, katanas and trenchcoats.

Also, !. Because if it's good enough for Ouch! it's good enough for me.

Madame Adequate
08-18-2009, 02:10 PM
A zombie attack would be quashed instantly by the army of nerds who would rapidly exhaust the world's supply of shotguns, katanas and trenchcoats.

We pasty-armed ones would attempt that and promptly add hugely to the ranks of the undead, because shotguns would just knock them on their arse, katanas are damned hard to use correctly, and trenchcoats would make it easy for zack to grab hold of you. :|

Psychotic
08-18-2009, 02:12 PM
That's the beauty of it. :aimsun:

Madame Adequate
08-18-2009, 02:15 PM
There is nothing beautiful about zombies. :colbert:

Except for how their heads explode

And Dead Rising

Mirage
08-18-2009, 02:17 PM
That's skullsbit, a shotgun to the face of a zombie is SUPER EFFECTIVE.

SomethingBig
08-18-2009, 02:30 PM
There's a simple solution. If you can't beat 'em, eat 'em! For every human they eat, I'll 4 of them.

Meat Puppet
08-18-2009, 03:30 PM
hey guys what do you call it when zombies overrun new jersey
a tourist attraction

also no more zombies if the shotguns are AA-12s

Freya
08-18-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm working on getting a sociology/psychology secondary education degree. To be a psych highschool teacher basically. ANYWHO I plan on making that an assignment. A paper prompt xD

Prompt:
Something bad has happened! Now you have to pick 4 other people 2 having to be of the opposite gender as yours to join you in survival! Share how you and your fellow survivors would act as a small society. How would you make judgments? What would you do for food? Tell me why you picked the people you picked. What skills do your friends have that could help? (And many other questions!) How would you survive a Zombie Apocalypse? Paper must be at least 5 pages double spaces 12 pt new times roman.

Tehee. I mean I do claim to have a Phd in Zombiology. That's Dr. Lekana to you. :holmes: So this article is entertaining to me :P

I'd also like to be Kaycee! so everyone would always be excited to talk to me.

Crimson
08-18-2009, 06:53 PM
The Zombie Survival guide says crowbars are the best weapon during a zombie outbreak.

So enjoy your painful deaths when your guns jam up or your reloading or you ran outta bullets.

Me? Nah I wont die because i'm awesome and i'm gonna have a crowbar. :cool:

SomethingBig
08-18-2009, 06:56 PM
You would be the best Psych teacher EVER, Lekana!

Freya
08-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Aww thanks :kaoclove:

Blue Harvest
08-18-2009, 08:17 PM
, or :

Raistlin
08-18-2009, 08:52 PM
"My understanding of zombie biology is that if you manage to decapitate a zombie then it's dead forever. So perhaps they are being a little over-pessimistic when they conclude that zombies might take over a city in three or four days."

These people obviously never read World War Z.

EDIT: Also, I claim "+" for after my name. It's me... only more.

Madame Adequate
08-19-2009, 12:02 AM
The Zombie Survival guide says crowbars are the best weapon during a zombie outbreak.

So enjoy your painful deaths when your guns jam up or your reloading or you ran outta bullets.

Me? Nah I wont die because i'm awesome and i'm gonna have a crowbar. :cool:

Actually I believe it says the best weapon would be a 'shaolin spade' or a WW1-era trench spike. A crowbar would be fairly decent but you really want something with stabbing options in case you can't get a good swing going on.

KentaRawr!
08-19-2009, 06:11 AM
You guys should really consider why it is that cutting off a zombie's head works. It's because the brain doesn't connect to the rest of the body! You should either have a good weapon for crushing a skull, or a piercing weapon to penetrate a skull.