PDA

View Full Version : Persona 3 Portable

Zeromus_X
08-18-2009, 08:35 PM
New: Famitsu Reveals Persona 3 Portable - Kombo.com (http://psp.kombo.com/article.php?artid=5363)

Persona 3 Portable is apparently being made for the PSP. According to Famitsu, it'll feature manual control of the party, the ability to play as a male or female protagonist, and new difficulty levels (like the game wasn't already hard enough).

Wolf Kanno
08-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Son of a bitch...

Now the question I have to ask myself is this: Do I buy Persona 3 again for the third time? The answer regretfully will probably be yes... :(

Still... I would rather had gotten a port of Persona 2 than a new quasi remake of P3. I'm also not sure how well the story might flow with a new protagonist. Minato may have been a silent protagonist but I really felt the game did go out of his way to actually establish a personality for him. But I do like having the ability to choose the leads sex, though I was hoping to see this feature on a new Persona project. Still... the possibility of dating Akihiko-sempai is very alluring ;)

NeoCracker
08-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Fuck Akihiko. Junpei will totally be my squeeze. :love:

Dreddz
08-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Didn't expect this news. You would think after Persona PSP they would port Persona 2 next. Just seems kind of odd having 1 and 3 in the PSP's library and not 2. I could have sworn Persona 2 was the one with two chapters, with only one of them being released outside of Japan. If both chapters were ported and then localised then that would have at least mean't we got some new unreleased content.

If you want my honest opinion, screw the ports and make Persona 5 already. Maybe even officially announce that Shin Megami Tensei game for the PS3 that was mentioned back in 2005.

Jessweeee♪
08-18-2009, 11:16 PM
I'd also rather see a Persona 2 port. This is pretty cool though. My only complaint about this type of main character was that they were typically male and I had a tough time projecting myself onto them. This won't be an issue now :</>D!

Zeromus_X
08-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Recent videos from Famitsu:

YouTube - Persona 3 PSP Video 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtGz2iUgDhU)

YouTube - Persona 3 PSP Video 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNahc3Twqws)

We can see the female side will have new music, as well as new social links (Ken and Junpei revealed in the video so far). Also outside of Tartarus is a point-and-click type of deal kind of like Phantasy Star Portable, to help fit the game inside the little UMD I presume. The load times also seem much faster but I don't know if that's because they were playing on a PSP Go or not.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Elizabeth is replaced by a yet-unamed male version for the female side, called "Malizabeth" by fans for now.

qwertysaur
08-22-2009, 08:10 PM
I might get this just for the female side. What is the new difficulty, "throw your PSP into a blender"?

I'm guessing that Kenji and Chihiro are being reassigned to different links in the female story as well, because Junpei has Magician covered and Ken Justice. Also I wonder if Maya's true identity will change. :p The only links that will have to have some changes are Magician, Priestess, Empress, Emperor, Lovers, Justice, Hermit, Strength and Aeon if they include that link.

I wonder if the female main characterwill have Euridcie instead of Orpheus. :p

Jessweeee♪
08-23-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm really curious about Aegis and Yukari's connection to the female character. Then there's Operation Babe Hunt and the hot springs, too xD