PDA

View Full Version : *cough cough*

Rodarian
08-19-2009, 09:56 AM
So after coming home, I suddenly felt very fatigued and exhausted..Sure enough a fever sprung up at 102 and couldn't sleep a wink last night. The meds only seemed to have kicked by early morning... Fevers gone now but I'm very much drained and coughing like nobodies business...

So it comes to this..How do you usually react to fevers/cold/flu....

I behave like a total child and become constantly needy...Its terrible and I absolutely hate that feeling but I can't think of any other way and 'sucking it up' is the last thing on my mind.. I called everyone I could think of to soothe me.. My best friend, my cousins, brother and sister....

Oh and I just learned that another friend is in a similar predicament and yet she bright as sunshine....

Crimson
08-19-2009, 09:59 AM
If it's a cough, meh, a headache, annoying but bearable, the one that I absolutely dread is a sore throat, it's just horribly annoying and turns eating into a struggle.

xXsarahXx
08-19-2009, 10:01 AM
i only got over swine flu a couple of days ago so i can sympathise with you :(
Me, im a total baby when im poorly. I get really sad and feel really depressed and cry a lot. Im fine now though.

Marshall Banana
08-19-2009, 10:07 AM
I've felt kind of sicky since I came home from California! Traveling for seventeen hours really drained me, and I get motion sickness even on planes, so, by the time I reached my house, I felt barely alive. It's been a week since then, but I still feel yucky - with headaches, tummy aches, and fatigue.

I crave Disney and tummy rubs when I'm sicky. :gruffi:

Shlup
08-19-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm pretty okay as long as I can still breathe through my nose. Once my nose gets clogged up I turn into a total whiner.

I haven't been sick since at least December though, knock on wood.

Breine
08-19-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm not much of a whiner. At all actually. I'm really patient, and my mind goes into this kinda super practical way of thinking that's all about getting it over with and sucking it up.

My dad's one big whine galore when he's sick, though xD

Raistlin
08-19-2009, 04:21 PM
I suck it up. I tend to be very dismissive of my own discomfort/pain, and sickness is no exception. I have had terrible allergies for most of my life along with chronic headaches, so I've had plenty of practice.

Formalhaut
08-19-2009, 05:31 PM
ANYTHING which restricts my breathing or eating instantly brings up a red flag in my book.

trouble sleeping is ok with me, because I can't sleep in the best of times.

Jess
08-19-2009, 09:17 PM
If I'm ill I usually go to work (try not to take sickies), and then sleep. If I'm really too ill to go to work, I'll just sleep and stay in bed.

rubah
08-19-2009, 10:30 PM
I hate when I want to claw out my eyes or ears to get to my sinuses to scratch them or drain.

KentaRawr!
08-20-2009, 12:15 AM
I suck it up. I tend to be very dismissive of my own discomfort/pain, and sickness is so exception. I have had terrible allergies for most of my life along with chronic headaches, so I've had plenty of practice.

Sickness is so exception?

Anywho, I generally go about things normally when I'm sick. I can't recall a time where I've felt terribly sick. The only thing I really, REALLY dislike about being sick is vomiting. If it weren't for that terrible burning, it'd be quite a relieving experience!

scrumpleberry
08-20-2009, 12:20 AM
I turn grumpy and grawrawrr if I'm at home and just need to be left alone. If I'm out somewhere, I won't mention it unless a frens wants to hug me or wants me to shout.

Rodarian, exploit your illness! Get films, get quilts, get books, get soup, yoghurt and honeys, and A MILLION COUGH SWEETS and hot water with lemons, and make an illness fort in a comfy chair and wait it out until you're better, distracting yourself with soothing things.

Raistlin
08-20-2009, 02:43 AM
Sickness is so exception?

I don't know what you're talking about. :shifty:

Polaris
08-20-2009, 12:54 PM
I am usually quite good healing my colds, plenty of bed, hot milk and tea, warm clothes, only when I stop breathing through my nose I get a bit mad, but never to complain. I also go to uni all the time, only this year in May I almost fainted and my mom told me to stay home :D:D:D apart from that I'm healthy as a horse:D:D

Shattered Dreamer
08-20-2009, 12:59 PM
I have to be incredibly sick before it bothers me which is bad because I ignored a chest infection for 2 weeks & ended up bed ridden for a week afterwards!

Rebellious Eagle
08-20-2009, 03:56 PM
I never usually get a fever, but the one time I did, I was bedridden for three days and although I tried to suck it up my parents were always taking my temperature and giving me soup. To be honest, I kinda liked the treatment, so getting sick is pretty fun for me as it doesn't even happen often at all. :3

Shauna
08-20-2009, 04:10 PM
I have to be really unwell for it to hinder anything I am to do. I would have to be essentially unable to get out of bed.

I always found it ridiculous when people would say that they're not going into school/uni/whatever because they have a cold, or something horribly mild. Wimps.

Rodarian
08-20-2009, 05:30 PM
So doc said the day before that I have Viral infection and the little buggers are real hoot to flush out :P.... My temperature fluctuates but averages now to a 100...I'm also house arrest as I'm still a carrier...By Monday I should be well enough to attend Uni...I've already missed this week and I really can't afford to miss another...My profs are total bitches....

Wish for my health please!