- brought you great happiness
- could have serious consequences

Madame Adequate
08-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Getting a £10,000 loan to get a Master's degree :jess:

Debt lol :(

Raistlin
08-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Starting law school, and getting much more in debt to do so.

oddler
08-25-2009, 07:31 PM
ITT: Debt as a pivotal point of life. The end.

Quindiana Jones
08-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Haha what perfect timing.

I got my A Level results and am going to Manchester university. I currently have to pay a £200 deposit on my accommodation there, as well as setting up a student account for my first ever loan. Though I left the student finances thing a bit late and I'm kinda bricking it. They have yet to confirm that my dad is supporting my application (which translates as "ME GET MORE MONEY"), which is worrying. But still. I've done all I can do for now. It's just the waiting. OH THE WAITING.

Anyway, university will change my life and have the most serious consequences, and it has and will continue to bring me great happiness. 3/3, baby.

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Hmm, mine is somewhat an ongoing thing that has serious consequences for my future life (and financial situation). This being my constant, for lack of a better word, :bou::bou::bou::bou: approach to university. For the past 5 years I've used it as an excuse for sleeping in late, doing bugger all and just having a crummy part time job.

And now it's come to another cross roads in that I've pretty much failed this year: the first year of my new course in aeronautical engineering. Well not drastically failed but I failed half my classes, which obviously isn't good enough to advance into the next year. Before this course I was doing medicine but I didn't really fancy all the hard work so after 3 years I dropped out, took a year out and started the course I am on.

Now either they're just going to chuck me out of university or I'm going to have to pay out £1850 to resit this year (the Scottish government only pays tuition for your first course) or maybe they'll let me do an exam only resit year (which would equal lots of pissing about, part time work, fun and less tuition fees).

So as you can see I've made some rather silly choices; I'm super smart but I'm also super dumb and lazy at the same. These choices will probably cause me much regret in my later life if everything does not magically work out (the magic being that I somehow come across £100,000 and can pay to get a commercial pilots license). Alas, I stick my head in the sand and wait for it all to go pear shaped then just do it again; I have issues, I should see a shrink.

Oh that was good to get out.

themagicroundabout
08-26-2009, 12:29 AM
Same as Quin, really. Except I am going to Norwich, not Manchester. Moving into my accommodation on the 19th September. :shobon:

Rye
08-26-2009, 01:29 AM
I'm moving to England for the year for college. I'll be going to college with Hux for that time, at the University of Reading. So I'll be able to finally be with him everyday, not to mention meet all of my English friends and harass the pants off of Paul every single day.

That aside, nothing extremely major for now, besides deciding if I want to go through with a 5 years masters degree program, or rush (my personal preference, though probably not my choice because it's less practical) into the working field after just my bachelors.