PDA

View Full Version : First trailer for James Cameron's Avatar

Dreddz
08-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Avatar Trailer - Trailer Addict (http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/avatar/trailer)

So the first trailer for Avatar is out and it wasn't quite what I was expecting. Apparantly this film is supposed to revolutionise 3D movie making but I don't really get that from this trailer. You can tell immediately when your watching the CGI, and thats disappointing. I was expecting photo realistic animation, as crazy as that sounds. Still impressive though.

This was my most anticipated film for 2009, and despite my confused reaction to the trailer, it still is. Ill admit though, if James Cameron wasn't directing it then I dunno if I'd be as excited. Fully CGI films put me off usually, but Ill make an exception for this one. Ill even watch it in Imax, as it was intended.

Thoughts?

Burtsplurt
08-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I agree with you - watching that trailer was a bit like watching a video game cutscene. I was hoping for more based on what I'd heard. I don't want to let it put me off, though. I'm pretty sure Cameron will make something that pushes boundaries at worst, or is brilliant at best.

Del Murder
08-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah it does look like something out of a video game. The CGI parts are still obvious. It looks interesting at least but I'll have to see more and get some plot details to be sold.

LunarWeaver
08-21-2009, 09:35 PM
I think it looks quite interesting enough. Not exactly what I expected either. The budget certainly looks huge all the same. I imagine only the man behind the box office behemoth that is Titanic would get away with this movie.

But Cameron doesn't disappoint me. Except for that whole Piranha Part Two thing. Hey, people get off to a bumpy start sometimes.

Need more details!

Breine
08-21-2009, 10:16 PM
While it wasn't what I expected, I still think it looked interesting. No matter what I'll definitely go watch it when it comes out.

Like so many others I've also been anticipating this for a long time now.

Dreddz
08-21-2009, 10:26 PM
But Cameron doesn't disappoint me. Except for that whole Piranha Part Two thing. Hey, people get off to a bumpy start sometimes.
Piranha II is barely Camerons film though. He had no involvement in the editing and didn't get to see any of the footage he had shot. Its a shame it didn't work out, you would think a film about flying killer fish would be epic in the hands of Cameron.

Paro
08-21-2009, 10:29 PM
I'll admit not seeing this film in 3D is like seeing a film panned-and-scanned. The detail is probably so compacted here on the small screen so as to make it look flat and "Pixar-ish." On the big screen, in 3D, it'll probably blow us away.

Big D
08-22-2009, 01:00 AM
Looks interesting, I think I'll be taking a look.
Sure, some of the CG stuff doesn't look entirely real - but that doesn't bother me. It's a sizeable step up from The Spirits Within's animation, though that doesn't become obvious until the trailer gets out of the grey military concrete environment and into the fantastical wilderness.

The story sounds a little predictable, but I'm confident there'll be a bit more to it than what's on Wikipedia, and it sounds like a novel approach to the concept. At least we're getting more big-screen 'aliens' who actually look alien, rather than 'actors with rubber prosthetics'.

Crimson
08-22-2009, 05:41 AM
Looks decent, might go see it, this year has been fairly disapointing so far.

edczxcvbnm
08-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Imagining all that bad ass action in 3D for a full 3 hour movie keeps me pumped.

Rodarian
08-24-2009, 03:39 PM
:excited:

rebaccawood911
09-01-2009, 07:18 AM
Its very nice trailer i like the avatar its pretty cool ,,,,,,,

sephireland
09-01-2009, 03:16 PM
God help me I'm dying to see this movie.