PDA

View Full Version : feed me plz

rubah
08-22-2009, 03:24 AM
A log for your cooking adventures?!

I tried to make mashed potatoes for the first time wednesday night. They were, ah... Interesting. I know now to mash more and butter less :} The garlic was good though :jess:

I made a <em>salad</em> Tuesday night.

Yes, I know. rubah, the consumate salad hater. Anyways, it was way acidic with tomato, green apples, and lemon juice, but it was definitely edible for being just "whatever's in teh fridge atm" ;D

Yar
08-22-2009, 03:31 AM
I've know how to make mashed potatoes for a few months. I was so excited when I learned! :jess:

I'm generally a bad cook though. :/ I'm making rigatoni right now since it's so simple.

Oh, I work in a kitchen too.

Rye
08-22-2009, 03:32 AM
I don't cook often since I work a lot. As for baking, my blueberry banana country style coffee cake was okay. I personally enjoyed it, but since the blueberries weren't sweet enough, it wasn't a major hit with my family, like my bread is. The bread is usually gone within a day or two.

The last thing I cooked was an omelette. It was delicious, but pretty much the same as I always make it. Egg whites, bacon bits, skim-milk mozzarella, pepper, lots of seasoning (is putting seasoning on an omlette weird?). Oh, and I made pasta and I doused it in lemon juice, because I had no cheese. That was deliciously weird.

scrumpleberry
08-22-2009, 03:55 AM
You should always put seasoning on omlette! Delicious!

As for me I am not an adventurous cook lol I can't really be bothered. I'm terrible.

Momiji
08-22-2009, 04:05 AM
I'm notorious for taking a bunch of random leftovers and just throwing them all together in some way.

A rule of thumb that I live by is: 'if it's not a liquid, like soup or beverage, you can make a sandwich out of it.'

I poached an egg once and dropped it into a bowl of ramen. It was lovely.

Raistlin
08-22-2009, 04:24 AM
A rule of thumb that I live by is: 'if it's not a liquid, like soup or beverage, you can make a sandwich out of it.'

My only rule of thumb is: pretty much anything can go in the microwave.

Yar
08-22-2009, 04:25 AM

My only rule of thumb is: pretty much anything can go in the microwave.If you're bored but not really hungry, anything can go in the microwave.

Bastian
08-22-2009, 04:37 AM
I JUST discovered the magic of Batter Blaster today! :P

Crimson
08-22-2009, 05:28 AM
My only rule of thumb is if it's made of flesh, I can eat it.

nom nom nom

Shoeberto
08-22-2009, 05:53 AM
I'm pretty interested in trying a lot of different kinds of meals. I've gotten kind of tired of having some of the same stuff as frequently as I have growing up, so some experimentation is really appealing to me.

kikimm
08-22-2009, 07:35 AM
I love to cook, and I love cooking/eating new things. Haven't been doing too much new exciting stuff, though. I have become obsessed with making hash browns again, though. REAL fucking hash browns. God I love potatoes.

Within the next couple weeks, though, I am "catering" this wine bottling celebration party thing, and I'm gonna do all middle eastern stuff. I'm really looking forward to it, cause I've never made any of this :bou::bou::bou::bou: before. Mm mm mm!

Aydin
08-22-2009, 08:03 AM
I never thought but I had a hidden ability to cook! I never thought I could make an omelette BUT I DID!!!!!!!!! :D

Del Murder
08-22-2009, 08:04 AM
Miriel loves cooking and I love eating, so it's a good fit! We have many cooking adventures. The latest one involved making whipped cream from scratch.

Ouch!
08-22-2009, 08:14 AM
Miriel loves cooking and I love eating, so it's a good fit! We have many cooking adventures. The latest one involved making whipped cream from scratch.
Whipped cream, eh? Wonder what you did with that...

blackmage_nuke
08-22-2009, 09:30 AM
The most successful dish ive ever made is fried rice. The whole meal consisted of rice, egg, cooking oil and salt.

Trumpet Thief
08-22-2009, 10:28 PM
I just cooked spaghetti. Tastes awesome :D

nik0tine
08-22-2009, 10:42 PM
You'd be far better off eating your own cooking than my cooking.

demondude
08-22-2009, 11:30 PM
The only thing I can cook is a mushroom risotto. :/ It's nice, but I'm a useless cook, so I cba to try anything else.

qwertysaur
08-23-2009, 12:23 AM
Making whipped cream is fun! I like to cook random things, but I tend lean towards baking more often now because I like decorating the finished products. :p

I usually make good things unless I get distracted and overcook something or have a bit too much oil in the pan.

aquatius
08-23-2009, 10:19 PM
I made baked beans on toast at someone else's house the other day because apparantly some people can't even make baked beans on toast (they still ate some after).

Jojee
08-25-2009, 01:14 AM
I made vegetable curry a bit ago. It was good and spicy. It had green peppers, red peppers, tomatoes & tomato sauce, onions, green onions, zucchini squash (that was the main part of it I guess? I was too lazy to cook meat), lots of different spices (coriander, cumin, pepper, other random stuff), almond milk, and I forgot maybe other stuff :]~ Took too long though, and used too many dishes. xD I don't see myself doing it often.

I nuke everything in the microwave mostly. I cook my fish in the microwave, haha. :</>D I should get to baking some chicken before it goes bad... yeah~

rubah
08-25-2009, 02:16 AM
tonight we made taco salad, but we didn't have any taco seasoning, so we just put some of everything (red and black pepper, cajun seasoning, garlic celery salt) on instead!

Breine
08-25-2009, 03:12 PM
I baked a chocolate cake last week. For some reason I'm really good at that, and it always pleases my mom a lot whenever I decide to spontaneously bake one.

Other than that I really like cooking with a lot of different vegetables, e.g. fried vegetables with fried eggs/fried chicken or something. Adding some Indian spices I bought in India (duh) is really delicious as well.

Yeah, I like cooking/baking. It's fun to try different things in the kitchen.