PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Hitler with Kefka.

Tainted Angel
08-24-2009, 04:23 AM
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6134/kefka.th.jpg (http://img263.imageshack.us/i/kefka.jpg/)
Hee, hee, haw!

As of when he was elected Chancelor of Germany, lil Adolf gets replaced with Kefka from just before the start of FFVI. Magic (FFVI magic) does exist on earth and so does a way to get to more espers (another dimentional home just like the one the Espers lived in pre-FFVI). Yes, Terra is somewhere in Germany at the start of the debate, in a quaint medieval coal mining town. (No Locke or Returners, but we do have a German Resistance movement that sneaks her out of the country.)

And yes, ASB's make the german people loyal to Kefka.

(I'm listening to Dancing Mad - Final Fantasy VI OST Disc III as we speak, so the idea came to me from that.)

blackmage_nuke
08-24-2009, 01:49 PM
They werent very discreet

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b326/misc_/Kefkaheil.png

The Crystal
08-25-2009, 01:40 AM
Kefka would fail miserably and very quickly. Ghestal was the only smart FFVI villain, and Kefka only succeeded in his goals because he was following the emperor's plan.

The clown was just an opportunist that took the opportunities presented in front of him by Ghestal or the Returners' mistakes.

Without Ghestal, Kefka is nothing.

Wolf Kanno
08-25-2009, 03:13 AM
While I may agree that Kefka wouldn't pull it off (at least Hitler was able to "villainize" the people he wished to kill to get the people backing him up) I don't necessarily agree that Kefka lacks the brains and abilities to be a leader if he wanted to. He appears to be in a pretty high office of power that allows him to be the emperor's confident. Something even General Leo never seemed to be privy to. I would like to think Kefka got farther in the Empire by being more than a "leg breaker" the way he's portrayed in the GBA version through his dialogue has him far more cunning and arrogant than the goofball he's known for. If his mind wasn't warped into an obviously deranged sociopath, I think he could have pulled it off. ;)

The Crystal
08-25-2009, 05:08 AM
The way I see it, Kefka was the emperor's confident only because they both shared a... How can I say it... A cold-heartedness? They were both power-hungry bastards, something that Leo wasn't, and that made Kefka the best candidate for being Ghestal's confident.

NeoCracker
08-25-2009, 05:19 AM
The way I see it, Kefka was the emperor's confident only because they both shared a... How can I say it... A cold-heartedness? They were both power-hungry bastards, something that Leo wasn't, and that made Kefka the best candidate for being Ghestal's confident.

If that was it, there were likely other people besides Kefka he could have turned to. You don't put someone in that high of a position just because they are a power hungry bastard. Thats actually a really good reason to keep them out of said position.

He needed to be very inteligent to make it that far. Not saying how successfully he could have run Germany, but if you take away his insanity, he's likely to at least be semi-capable based on how high he was in the empire.

Crimson
08-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Hitler wanted to rule the world and shape it in his views.

Kefka just plain wanted to destroy everything just because.

Kefka =/= Hitler.

Goldenboko
08-26-2009, 03:59 AM
How is it that there's actual debate going on in here :confused:

Crimson
08-26-2009, 11:10 AM
How is it that there's actual debate going on in here :confused:

Welcome to the internet.

KentaRawr!
09-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Kefka would push a statue onto a fire-cracker. :)

Edgar
09-06-2009, 11:33 PM
I think Kefka is mad.

I don't think Hitler was mad. Sure he's crazy, but not Kefka-level crazy where he disregard human life.

TehIrishViking
01-29-2010, 04:17 AM
I think Kefka is mad.

I don't think Hitler was mad. Sure he's crazy, but not Kefka-level crazy where he disregard human life.

The Absurdity of that last statement makes me LOL.
I'm not adding anything else to this discussion though.:bou:

VeloZer0
01-29-2010, 05:51 AM

Kefka =/= Hitler.
About boils it down.

Though you have to note that prior to the Allied powers declaring war on Germany Hitler was only annexing territory that was culturally German and forced to be separate from Germany because they feared how powerful a unified German people would be. It is entirely possible that he just wanted to consolidate an empire of all Germans in Europe and reshape its society to his ambitions. Though it would be foolish to dismiss the idea that he had imperial ambitions for all of Europe, there is certainly a non-zero chance he only wished to work with a nation of exclusively German nationality. Which would make the scope of his ambition far narrower than Kefka's.

As for how cunning Kefka actually was, I always felt he was playing Gesthal for most of the game. The way he was always in the right place at the right time suggests that he was behind much of the empires designs, if he was a meer lackey why would he have so much of the emperors trust to command all of these highly important operations. I regards to his buffoonish antics, I think it is very well established that he is a little off his rocker :)

TehIrishViking
01-29-2010, 11:52 AM

Kefka =/= Hitler.
About boils it down.

Though you have to note that prior to the Allied powers declaring war on Germany Hitler was only annexing territory that was culturally German and forced to be separate from Germany because they feared how powerful a unified German people would be. It is entirely possible that he just wanted to consolidate an empire of all Germans in Europe and reshape its society to his ambitions. Though it would be foolish to dismiss the idea that he had imperial ambitions for all of Europe, there is certainly a non-zero chance he only wished to work with a nation of exclusively German nationality. Which would make the scope of his ambition far narrower than Kefka's.

As for how cunning Kefka actually was, I always felt he was playing Gesthal for most of the game. The way he was always in the right place at the right time suggests that he was behind much of the empires designs, if he was a meer lackey why would he have so much of the emperors trust to command all of these highly important operations. I regards to his buffoonish antics, I think it is very well established that he is a little off his rocker :)

Sort of a Senator Palpatine, if you will.
:bou:

The Man
01-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Lots of really freaking strange or plain ignorant statements in this thread.

Hitler wanted to rule the world and shape it in his views.And, you know, kill millions of people in the process.

Sure he's crazy, but not Kefka-level crazy where he disregard human life.Unless they happen to be gypsies, gays or jews.

Though you have to note that prior to the Allied powers declaring war on Germany Hitler was only annexing territory that was culturally German and forced to be separate from Germany because they feared how powerful a unified German people would be.And killing anyone he didn't approve of.

Genocide of a few races and genocide of the entire human race aren't really all that far apart. Certainly close enough for one to serve as an adequate metaphor for the other.

The OP is still pretty bizarre though.

VeloZer0
01-29-2010, 03:05 PM
I was making my post not under the assumption that one was more or less evil than the other, but that they were very different in type. And just because Hitler was evil doesn't mean Germany didn't get a raw deal in the Treaty of Versailles (treaty that ended WWI). Annexing Austria and the Sudetenland did have a small element of legitimacy, (ethically, not legally). (I also mean this in the abstract sense, divorced of what Hitlers plans were for German held territory.)

And, you know, kill millions of people in the process.

I think that goes without saying. But the fact is that Hitler was aiming for an elimination of a percentage of the total population (including complete genocide of certain demographics) and control the other. Kefka was going for the whole thing. I can understand if one considers these both as being equally evil, but they are very much different in type of evil.

Genocide of a few races and genocide of the entire human race aren't really all that far apart. Certainly close enough for one to serve as an adequate metaphor for the other.
My case mainly revolves around the fact that Hitler (as best we can guess) was aiming for a German empire that was strong, prosperous, and free of any minority he didn't approve of. Kefka was aiming for a completely dead and destroyed world with no life remaining. Those are vastly different outcomes.

The Man
01-29-2010, 04:06 PM
I don't disagree that their aims were completely different. However, the fact remains that several posts in this thread somehow managed to avoid even hinting at the fact that Hitler still wanted to kill hundreds of millions of people (and did succeed in killing about eleven million of them). I felt compelled to point out the obvious.

And yeah the treaty of Versailles was complete crap and probably a large part of the reason Hitler ever got into power in the first place.

VeloZer0
01-30-2010, 02:03 AM
I don't disagree that their aims were completely different. However, the fact remains that several posts in this thread somehow managed to avoid even hinting at the fact that Hitler still wanted to kill hundreds of millions of people (and did succeed in killing about eleven million of them). I felt compelled to point out the obvious.

I always felt like it just went without saying :)