PDA

View Full Version : Win the Blitzball Tournament (almost) Every Time!

auronlu
08-25-2009, 09:08 PM
I see we still get newbies who are stumped on the blitzball tournament. The odds are tilted against you, but a little bit of strategy tilts it back in your favor, and you don't even have to use the cheat*...

Here's the key -- ABUS (RF) is a lousy defender, while BALGERDA (RD) is mean mean mean and will take the ball from almost anybody. She's guarding Tidus, if you leave him at his default position (LF).

So send a ball carrier to the wall to draw defenders away from Tidus, clearing him to shoot:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i181/auronlu/blitzball-strategy.png

Once you've scored a couple, pass the ball back and forth between Aurochs to hold the lead.

I've got a few other tips on this blitzball guide page (http://www.squidoo.com/blitzball-tournament-final-fantasy-x), but that should do it.

*I've heard if you hide behind your own goalcage, the opponent ignores the ball carrier. I haven't tried this.

leader of mortals
08-25-2009, 10:06 PM
I found this out on my own, I think, and I would use Letty instead of Jassu as long as no one is following him. Also, if your timing is good, you can get Tidus behind the opposing goalie, which unfortunately doesn't do anything except guarantee no drop in your Shoot attribute.

Formalhaut
08-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Im no noob when it comes to FFX in general, but Blitzball has ALWAYS bothered me... sigh. Thanks though!

Namelessfengir
08-26-2009, 03:35 PM
blitzball is only irritating in x2

Rocket Edge
08-26-2009, 09:20 PM
Blitzball was awesome, but it just got too darn easy after the match with the Goers.

leader of mortals
08-31-2009, 05:01 AM

Blitzball is much better in X-2...

Skyblade
10-13-2009, 03:07 AM

Blitzball is much better in X-2...

Blitzball isn't even a game in X-2, it's just a management sim. You get to setup your characters and then just watch a highlight reel of how well they did. It was terrible.