PDA

View Full Version : Freshman Slump

Rebellious Eagle
08-26-2009, 04:39 PM
So, I just got my first semester schedule for my new high school, and I was dismayed to find out that my first ever class as a freshman is GYM. I'll make such a good first impression on everyone, especially because I suck at sports, never mind how much I enjoy them.
Share some embarrassing experiences/traumatic moments you've had at school. It might make me feel a bit better. :<

Shattered Dreamer
08-26-2009, 04:54 PM
High school was pretty much a horrible experience for me but I laugh when I look back at it. Deciding to take a lead role in the school musical which was Fame, epic fail on my part!

Rye
08-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Congrats on your first year of HS! It'll go really fast, trust me.

I can't think of anything major.

Oh wait, I have a really funny embarrassing one!

I know when I was in like, elementary school or something, I had to be around 10 or 11 years old, I had a really bad tummy ache and I farted really loud during gym class during one of the stretches and I got laughed at for an hour. Gotta love sensitive stomachs. I remember shrieking and pointing at some boy "IT WASSSS HIMMMMMM! IT WAS HIMMMMMM!!!!!" xDDD

Madame Adequate
08-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Before I changed it my name was Kiir, which rhymes with queer, so they had some fun with that.

For twelve years.

Also one time I was in assembly and we were standing singing a hymn when out of nowhere my legs gave way and I threw up a huge amount of breakfast. As I was rushed to the medical room I threw up two or three times on the way, leaving a nice trail for everyone to have to walk past as they were evacuated from the room I had contaminated with my hurling :grover:

Old Manus
08-26-2009, 05:30 PM
On my first day of secondary school I found myself getting lost and walking into the wrong class, leading me to be marched to the right one (on the other side of the grounds), 15 minutes late to my first ever lesson. Good times.

I'd like to say it set the tone for the next five years, but on the whole I managed to remember to wear my trousers to school and suchlike during my time there.

Raistlin
08-26-2009, 06:05 PM
I had a severe migraine one morning in middle school but my mom wouldn't let me stay home. However after a couple of classes I started feeling really dizzy and nauseous as well so between classes I walked up to art teacher (closest one) to ask if I could go call my mom. As I was walking up to her and starting to speak, I vomited all over the floor.

Later in middle school (8th grade), I just just recovered from a severe case of bronchitis and was at basketball practice. I started feeling unbalanced on my legs (like they couldn't support my weight), but drinking water relieved it so I just ignored it. Later on after a succession of sprints I started losing more control of my legs, to the point that I could not even stand up without my hand on the wall. I asked to take a break to get some water, but I couldn't even walk. Turns out I had developed sports' asthma (exercise-induced asthmatic symptoms) due to the bronchitis and was not getting enough oxygen for my body to function. While not really embarrassing, it was still somewhat uncomfortable for the entire practice to stop for the coach to half drag/half carry me to the side to sit down.

Seraphic
08-26-2009, 06:41 PM
In my English class my freshman year of high school, we had to give some presentation on this book we read and I was so deathly shy to the point of having panic attacks. So the presentation begins and I start to sweat profusely, my hands start shaking and I slur my words.
It probably wouldn't have been so bad if no one had said anything, but some people pointed out my shaking hands and I could just see my teachers concerned face shaking in a way as to say "please, get it together" XD.
It was a sad moment in time.

blackmage_nuke
08-27-2009, 11:02 AM
I also have a bad nerves problem during class presentations, except my leg would shake rather than my hand and i stutter badly. But then again i didnt really care about english so i was ok with it.

I havent had too many embarassing moments in my first year of highschool besides leaving my fly open a few times.

Unbreakable Will
08-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Oh man, so many memories of freshman year *shudder*
Well I had Gym for my last class, and I hated sports, not because I didn't like them but because I sucked at them. One day we were playing volleyball, and my mind was elsewhere (probably thinking about how I hated Gym) and the ball sailed my way. I was shaken to reality by a fierce call from my partners "GET YOUR HEAD IN THE FUCKING GAME!" was their rallying cry. I replied 'I got it.' raised my hands *cue slo-mo* gave a mighty swing annnnd....
Missed the ball entirely and got hit in the face. :shifty:
It was not a good day for me.

Aerith's Knight
08-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Hmmm, it's been a while since I had gym. Let's see...

When we had to do rings I once smacked a girl on the ass while my hands where full of that white powder in a powder fight. I thought she'd be angry, but instead I got a christmas card.

High school was nice.

Araciel
08-30-2009, 05:11 AM
I was a teenager in highschool. That was pretty embarrassing.

Yar
08-30-2009, 05:19 AM
Except for the one wardrobe malfunction I had freshman year, my high-school years were pretty embarrassment-free. :)

Jiro
08-30-2009, 05:21 AM
I had a lot of classmates wet themselves in fear of doing presentations. It wasn't embarrassing on my part, but it sure was funny.

I can't think of any experiences I've had personally though. You'll be fine though :)

EDIT: Wait, I've got one. It was cold one day in year 3 so I wore tracksuit pants over my school shorts. They were black. And I wore the school jumper. It was blue. I clashed horribly and looked like a marshmallow.

Also I was routinely called a girl for having long hair. I mean, it was midway down my back. Those days sucked though :(

Rodarian
08-30-2009, 11:35 AM
I admit freely that I was a dork/nerd in H.S.....Bit of a loner/wallflower by freshman and sophomore year......Only by senior year was did I have some semblance of an idea of my true personality...

I didn't even attend prom.

Quindiana Jones
08-30-2009, 02:54 PM
I faceplanted, knocked myself out and showed my ass to everyone in a game of volleyball once. It wasn't my fault. Some twat was pulling down people's shorts and she got me as I was about to move.

To be honest, I laughed my ass off over that. I was only out for about 10 seconds, but my ass was out for all of that.

Crimson
08-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Also I was routinely called a girl for having long hair. I mean, it was midway down my back. Those days sucked though :(

I can relate to this one too, us long hair dudes usually get a hard time at school, me especially since mine is dyed red which is even more "weird" than normal guy long hair in the eyes of your average moron.

One time when I was chilling with my mates on the school field, it was raining heavy so we had to head inside to the hall for the rest of the break, while going in, I slipped on some mud and fell on my ass...in a puddle.

Jessweeee♪
08-30-2009, 06:40 PM
I sat in ketchup once and didn't notice for awhile.

You can imagine what people thought ._.

Ouch!
08-30-2009, 06:47 PM
I was walking along just fine to my history class when suddenly my sense of balance was severely disrupted (we later found out it was a rare side-effect of a medication I was taking) and I collapsed to the ground. My vision also began to suffer, so I had to have my friend carry me to the nurse. That was a load of fun!

I also once wasn't feeling too hot and was trying to make it to the bathroom when I vomited all over the floor just outside the bathroom. A passing freshman asked if she should go get the nurse for me, and despite having just vomited all over the floor, I had enough dignity (?) to sarcastic spout, "You'd think that would be a given."

Mogi
08-30-2009, 09:40 PM
I can't really think of anything too horrible in high school, but in middle school I had surgery on my hip and my nerves have been really weird since then. For about a month after I went back to school, every so often all of the muscles in my leg would tense, my right leg would completely fold up as if I were sitting down, and I would fall over right in the middle of my stride. XD

There was one in the first week of my freshman year where I walked all the way down this long hallway with a big long thing of toilet paper stuck to my shoe. I was in the middle of a crowd too. And then this senior ran up and stomped on it behind me. It came off, but it scared me, so I was even more embarrassed.

Denmark
08-31-2009, 08:24 AM
All you people with your large high schools and having to make an impression on people and not already knowing everyone in your school district disgust me. Population density is so conformist.

(by freshman year I had already been in the high school for two years. so none of this embarrassment stuff. thus freshman year was pretty bitchin'.)

Also please stop making me feel old.

Rodarian
08-31-2009, 12:33 PM

Not as old as I am.....*exits room via walking stick*

You damn young'ns....No respect for your elders!!:mymelontd:

Zyphus
08-31-2009, 12:47 PM

Not as old as I am.....*exits room via walking stick*

You damn young'ns....No respect for your elders!!:mymelontd:

Why are you still alive? *steals your walking stick and runs away* MINE :D

Probably at the end of the first year when the school had this massive folk dance thing, I was feeling sick so had to sit out. The teachers thought I just didn't want to take part...intill I had to run through them all to get to the bin and throw up. Last day of my first year and the last moments are with my head in the bin. I also forgot my trainers and couldn't get them back till the next year <_<