PDA

View Full Version : Dental Delight

Breine
08-27-2009, 11:53 AM
I had a little trip to the dentist today. Nothing major, just a check-up of things. I had zero cavities too! Yay me :bigsmile:

So, what are your thoughts on dentists, and going to the dentist in general?

Rye
08-27-2009, 12:17 PM
I used to have nice sized white teeth in a nice mouth.

I have sensitive gums, and that's taking a toll on my how my mouth looks now. I have to go to the dentist soon. I avoided going for over a year, and that was bad. :(

Shlup
08-27-2009, 12:45 PM
I went nine times last year! Had all kinds of cleanings and two crowns. I have to go one more time on the 31st.

The first crown was 'cause I broke my molar on a jaw breaker. Those fuckers are serious. Second one was 'cause my implant [read: fake] tooth was apparently put in BACKWARDS and the tooth behind it wasn't properly lined up because of this so they made it a crown. I also got my permanent retainer off. Yay!

My dentist is nice. The dental assistants, Kathy and Kathy, are hilarious. A few months ago Blonde Kathy was sitting with me and clipping a whitening tray while I had a mold setting, and Brunette Kathy saw some hooker getting arrested outside so she pulled out my mold and called us over to watch.

Zyphus
08-27-2009, 12:59 PM
I have braces. GO ME! well..they are really not that bad after you have had them for a year and a half or so :D

Shlup
08-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Pfft, braces are always awful.

Momiji
08-27-2009, 01:10 PM
As long as the give me the nitrous oxide, I don't care. I have major dentist anxiety though, so I can't really deal with it all without it. xD

Zyphus
08-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Pfft, braces are always awful.

No they are not, they straighten your teeth out and make sure they dont come out all messed up like a war zone inside your gums. its worth the pain you have to go through. you dont really notice them after awhile anyway...

Wait, what the hell possessed me to say THAT?! Braces suck. I stick small magnets to mine though. I guess im lucky i have not swallowed one yet...but yeah, they straighten out your teeth... HURRAY!

Crimson
08-27-2009, 01:18 PM
I hate them and avoid them like the plague.

Rye
08-27-2009, 01:22 PM
I never had braces. I kind of lucked out in the tooth department. They're getting slightly uneven now, because my wisdom teeth are pushing them in a bit, but overall, my teeth are nice.

Now if I can find a way to get my teeth whitened again without causing my sensitive gums agony and bleeding and inflammation...

scrumpleberry
08-27-2009, 01:26 PM
I had braces and I don't regret it one bit. My teeth look sooo much better now, it's worth the little time of awkwardness and rigorous, time-consuming cleaning to be able to grin at people with nice straight teeth :D

Zyphus
08-27-2009, 01:34 PM
right now i have elastics again. i love playing with them inside my mouth :P like putting them on the other hooks and such. god im easily amused. they also advise you not to eat or drink any sort of sugary stuff. well that kinda got tossed out the window >_>

The Space Pope
08-27-2009, 01:39 PM
My teeth aren't all that great because I smoke and I have a tooth that's sorta pushed back but I'm not missing any or anything like that. Never got braces, didn't have that kinda of cash layng around but I really didn't need them.

Overall the worst part about my teeth is that they're not blindingly white, but I never smile anyways so nobody notices.

Faris
08-27-2009, 01:40 PM
I used to hate going to the dentist, but now I don't mind it so much. Except for when they do the nasty polish stuff and when they floss. I tell them that they're being too hard on my gums, to which they reply "If you floss more often, you wouldn't have that problem" :eep: Being allergic to mint and sensitive to bubble gum really doesn't help either.

scrumpleberry
08-27-2009, 01:44 PM
right now i have elastics again. i love playing with them inside my mouth :P like putting them on the other hooks and such. god im easily amused. they also advise you not to eat or drink any sort of sugary stuff. well that kinda got tossed out the window >_>

Ahahah you're going to have indelible marks left on your teeth :(

Zyphus
08-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Never got braces, didn't have that kinda of cash layng around.

Yay for free braces. :D

xXsarahXx
08-27-2009, 01:45 PM
I had to have braces when i was in primary school
I had sharks teeth (my big and little set all grew at once making 2 rows of teeth).
I had to have all my baby teeth taken out and my adult teeth straitened with braces. They were hidious, you couldnt choose your colour back then though, they had to be black :(

My teeth are good now though, besides the years of smoking that has stained then, but ive given up smoking now so a polish will sort them out.

On the bad side, ive not been dentists since i was 16....im nearly 22 now :S

Zyphus
08-27-2009, 01:47 PM
marks on my teeth? oh well. there are worse things in life. :)

The Space Pope
08-27-2009, 01:47 PM
It'd be great if they came up with a tooth whitening cigarette ;/

Zyphus
08-27-2009, 01:50 PM
It'd be great if they came up with a tooth whitening cigarette ;/

it would be great if you would quit :greenie:

xXsarahXx
08-27-2009, 01:50 PM
That would be epic pope!!
It does take its toll on your teeth though :( I want white shiny knashers!

The Space Pope
08-27-2009, 01:54 PM
it would be great if you would quit :greenie:
I'd rather not

@Sarah: Yeah it does, but meh, I'd rather smoke than have a movie star smile anyhow.

Psychotic
08-27-2009, 01:54 PM
I used to wear a brace when I was 11, and I had four teeth out before then too. That was 11 years ago, and well, I do not forgive or forget, dentist! You watch your step. :colbert:

Aydin
08-27-2009, 02:46 PM
My teeth are somewhat crooked and I have an over bite. I think because of that, I have a sinus problem.

But I will NEVER EVER get braces!!!

Kirobaito
08-27-2009, 02:50 PM
I had braces for about eighteen months. It sucked at the time, but I much prefer the fact that my teeth are actually straight now. And I even keep up with it by still wearing my retainer every night. My roommates don't.

I don't mind going to the dentist, because it's always a lesson in "Oh, you brush so well. Floss better, though." But I still go to my pediatric dentist, so I feel absolutely absurd in the waiting room. I only have one more appointment with them before I have to go to a different one, though.

The Space Pope
08-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Oh right, I also have an overbite like a Simpsons character.

Raistlin
08-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Dentists are annoying to go to, but necessary. I'm not afraid of them; it's just a bother. I wore braces for a couple of years, which was even more annoying. And two of my wisdom teeth were growing in sideways so I had to have them removed in high school.

I suppose I have not had the best luck in the teeth department.

Unbreakable Will
08-27-2009, 03:21 PM
I have a passionate hatred for dentists and their orthadontist cousins. I was forced into getting braces when I was in 8th grade, they told me I'd have them for only two years. Well two years turned into four years, and I was one pissed off highschooler. I got them off in my junior year, and was told to wear a retainer, fuck that says I. I wore it twice, forgot about it and my teeth are still perfectly fine to the untrained eye. :bigsmile:

rubah
08-27-2009, 04:31 PM
My teeth are pretty good, just stained and a little crooked on bottom. I really like the top ones :) My wisdom teeth seem to be trying to come in now though.

Rodarian
08-27-2009, 05:16 PM
Haven't been to the dentist in two years..I really should go thoug and get my teeth clean..My cousins a dentist so I usually get at a discount...But she's on maternity leave at the moment :(

Have filling at the back of my teeth plus when I was younger the the entire front end of my gums spilt open..You could see my insides!! Lucky they stitched it back up..But they have to take the baby tooth out in the front...As a result my front tooth overlaps one.....

oddler
08-27-2009, 07:36 PM
I haven't been to a dentist in at least 8 years. :roll2

The Space Pope
08-27-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't think I've ever met anyone who actually sees a dentist every six months.

aquatius
08-27-2009, 09:49 PM
These days I just keep getting told I have perfect teeth, don't need braces and usually don't need the hygienist session at all.

Quindiana Jones
08-28-2009, 09:11 AM
Both my sisters had braces. My teeth are good enough that I've never had to. I do have a chip in the middle of one though. It's quite funny.

Breine
08-28-2009, 11:40 AM
I don't think I've ever met anyone who actually sees a dentist every six months.

I do.

Quindiana Jones
08-28-2009, 12:02 PM
But he's never met you, Breine.

Breine
08-28-2009, 01:35 PM
But he's never met you, Breine.

Yes he has. On the interwebz - that counts too, y'know!