PDA

View Full Version : Mana Khemia 2

Vermachtnis
08-27-2009, 04:33 PM
I picked up my copy yesterday. And I picked Raze's story first. So far I am really liking all the characters. Et is probably my favorite. I'm really liking the music too. I like the new Grow Book too.

Has anyone else had a chance to play it?

NeoCracker
08-28-2009, 12:07 AM
Got it day one as well.

I'm finding the characters from the girls path mostly annoying and unlikeable, same goes with what I've seen from the appearance of Raze's group.

Chloe is the only likable one, and it's not so much a personality thats good, it's the fact it's funny when she makes fun of your main character, and ponders offering her up to demons. Her charm is holey one sided up to this point.

This game plays alot like the first, thoug hit replaces the nice looking Timecards with an ugly circle pattern, which accomplishes the same thing, and doesn't exactly add anything to the gameplay. It's just an ugly thing taking up an oddly shaped space in the corner.

The Stats Bar that shows HP and SP also looks severely out of date, and out of place. Mana Khemia's pleasant looking interface was replaced with ugly and outdated menues and Icons, and it's once lovable cast of characters replaced with more characters that are, at best, tolerable.

I don't really have a preferance one way or another on the Grow Book.

I know one shouldn't compare a game to it's predecessor, but this game is nothing but Mana Khemia, but downgraded in basically every way. Hell, the only characters I can even say I like are the returning cast of Flay, Toni, and Zeppel.

I'll give the girls story a bit more to see if the characters become more entertaining, and if not I"ll try Raze for a bit.

If he doesn't shape up fast, I'll just pass off Fall of Alchemy as a failed attempt and move on. I need to order in my copies of Atelier Iris 2 and 3 anyway. :p

Vermachtnis
08-28-2009, 01:33 AM
Yea I'm not a big fan of the turn ring, circle thing either. I liked the cards from Mana Khemia more too.

Atelier Iris 2 is great though, my favorite out of the series. Iris 3 is alright too. It's pretty much a test run for Mana Khemia. It introduced the time system and cards. The story is alright, but is bogged down with a lot of Fetch Quests in between.

NeoCracker
08-28-2009, 07:08 AM
I've played 2, It's just my disc disappeared on me, so I as never able to get very far in it. :(

Vermachtnis
08-29-2009, 03:22 PM
How'd a disc disappear?

And I feel really, really bad for Enna. Et kidnapped him and stuffed him in a sack for a couple of days and forgot about him. And not to forget Et's little game of Tag. Poor, poor Enna.