PDA

View Full Version : Venting Thread

Loony BoB
08-27-2009, 10:31 PM
GRRRR. 16 times I've killed Spook, and 16 times I've not gotten a Traveler's Mantle. 18.6% chance of drop my buttocks. :(

Del Murder
08-27-2009, 11:09 PM
One day I was there for a Sandoria mission and he was up and I killed him and got the mantle. Just buy it, it's like 12k.

Here's my vent: Not enough people use the mission search comment. If everyone used it properly I wouldn't have to stand in Whitegate for hours when I want to do missions.

Quindiana Jones
08-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Run faster! RUN FASTER! :mad2:

Levian
08-28-2009, 11:09 AM
I don't have anything to vent about but I'm sure Ouch will drop by later! :D

oddler
08-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Run faster! RUN FASTER! :mad2:

Not necessarily this but if I'm chasing a moving monster that I want to attack, then just freaking attack it instead of moving around it until it stops then attacking it. It's not fair. Enemies can wail on you while you try to run away but you can't hit them while they move? Pfft.

Loony BoB
08-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Haha, yeah, I know what you mean oddler. =| Sometimes they just keep going and going, too, which makes it even more annoying - particularly when they're easy prey or lower and you're just after a drop or something :p

Rostum
08-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Trust me, I know this oh-too well... This is the worst thing about FFXI and Square-Enix's attitude towards "rewarding" their player base. Trust me, the drop rate on rare items only gets worse.

theundeadhero
08-28-2009, 07:19 PM
The drop rate is annoying but it's easy to fix the chase-until-you-hit.

Target and engage the creature, then hit the auto-run button on the keyboard. You'll follow it everywhere until you can hit it. Doesn't help with them running away but it's better than manually chasing them down.

Loony BoB
08-28-2009, 07:52 PM
My way of 'fixing' it is to do a ranged attack of some variety. Provoke is my preferred option, as a WAR.

Quindiana Jones
08-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Level 12 Thief, BoB. Level 12 Thief. xD

oddler
08-28-2009, 08:14 PM
My way of 'fixing' it is to do a ranged attack of some variety. Provoke is my preferred option, as a WAR.

Yep. It's just annoying to have to use an ability/spell/ranged attack when THEY'RE 1 FOOT FROM YOU.

Del Murder
08-29-2009, 05:00 AM
Level 12 Thief, BoB. Level 12 Thief. xD
Thief is pretty good at crossbow!

Quindiana Jones
08-29-2009, 12:29 PM
NOBODY SELLS A CROSSBOW. :mad2:

And I totally agree with oddler. Why can some poxy little Orc hit me with his dinky axe from 20 feet away, but I can't hit him from 1 foot away? It's madness.

To be honest, I'm actually no longer playing. It's not worth the money if I only play an hour or two a month, which is likely with me going to uni and all. It sucks, because I'll have to either resub and cancel every three months to keep my character, or go through the bastard thing all over again when I finally have the time and money to play. So there's another thing. The ridiculous subscription process and rules.

oddler
08-29-2009, 02:14 PM
As long as you remember your password, I'm pretty sure they'll still have your character on the server. The only thing you'll lose will be preset things like macros you've set. I was gone for like almost a year and then came back and Tevyn was still there, Quin. Twice. :)

It's probably because they don't have a huge influx of new people coming in and so there's more room or memory to keep characters on there? I guess in all seriousness, they could get rid of your character if you were logged out for like 3 months if they needed the memory.

KentaRawr!
08-29-2009, 03:52 PM
At first Dune parties were so lovely. I got from 10-20 RDM in just a single party, actually. But suddenly... they are not quite as fun. It's like after I completed the dunes, a bunch of people joined FFXI solely to be complete jerks about things they don't know about! :mad2:

oddler
08-29-2009, 07:34 PM
I don't understand the whole Valkurm party thing anyway and I've brought this up before. Partying is so much more fun to me when it's in a different location than normal. It spices things up and keeps everybody more aware. I mean, why not the entrances to Beadeaux, Davoi, or Castle Oztroja; why not the harder parts of Giddeus, Dangruf Wadi, or the Grotto; why not places in Ordelles, Palborough, Gusgen, blah blah blah? There are tons of places people can camp that just don't get used at all and it makes me irate! And not just at that level, either! :mad2:

I do realize that Valkurm is the "middle ground" between the nations. Just saying that a change of scenery is fun and keeps interest up, in my opinion at least.

Ouch!
08-29-2009, 11:25 PM
I don't understand the whole Valkurm party thing anyway and I've brought this up before. Partying is so much more fun to me when it's in a different location than normal. It spices things up and keeps everybody more aware. I mean, why not the entrances to Beadeaux, Davoi, or Castle Oztroja; why not the harder parts of Giddeus, Dangruf Wadi, or the Grotto; why not places in Ordelles, Palborough, Gusgen, blah blah blah? There are tons of places people can camp that just don't get used at all and it makes me irate! And not just at that level, either! :mad2:
Because the monsters in the areas you're talking about are primarily beastmen, and beastmen are awful for exp. parties.

Ouch rants? The first time I ever see goliard clogs drop, I disconnect!

Miriel
08-30-2009, 08:38 AM
End game stuff takes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time. -_-

Quindiana Jones
08-30-2009, 02:11 PM
As long as you remember your password, I'm pretty sure they'll still have your character on the server. The only thing you'll lose will be preset things like macros you've set. I was gone for like almost a year and then came back and Tevyn was still there, Quin. Twice. :)

It's probably because they don't have a huge influx of new people coming in and so there's more room or memory to keep characters on there? I guess in all seriousness, they could get rid of your character if you were logged out for like 3 months if they needed the memory.

Oh. Well, that's good to know. It wouldn't really matter anyway. I'd only logged 20-30 hours I think. Haha, "only". That's long enough to complete two or three decent FPSs.

Rostum
08-30-2009, 08:55 PM
End game stuff takes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time. -_-

True. Well except for the fun end-game (like limbus, assault, einherjar, salvage, nyzul, etc.). Either way, it's the case with any end-game in any MMO - they need to keep people subsribing after all!

However, I am over spending 6 hours in dynamis or sky. I don't know how people do HNM, that's so crazy... Especially with the way the HNM "elite" community treats each other.