PDA

View Full Version : Ivalice should be in KH3

Jake200493
08-29-2009, 12:38 PM
What would everyone think if they put Ivalice in KH3. And who would be the guest party member?

Crimson
08-29-2009, 01:18 PM
No, they shouldnt.

Ever.

Jiro
08-29-2009, 02:48 PM
The history of Ivalice is already convoluted enough without being included in Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts has enough borrowed content as it is, I would prefer to see some original stuff within their own little universe(s)

Wolf Kanno
08-29-2009, 07:28 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a KH style Fran or perhaps Montblanc. Balthier would be fun too but god knows they would probably only do Vaan and Penelo. I don't think doing anything from FFT would be wise though...

Ouch!
08-29-2009, 11:50 PM
As much as I love Ivalice, and as much as I enjoy Kingdom Hearts, I really don't think the two would mingle effectively. Ivalice games are (typically) characterized by mature themes that Kingdom Hearts only briefly flirts with in a significantly watered-down manner.

I'm staunchly against Final Fantasy worlds in the Kingdom Hearts franchise. I'm with Jiro. I'd love to see more original worlds. Traverse Town, Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden, Twilight Town, etc., etc. have been the best that Kingdom Hearts has. I'd love to see more integration of original worlds with the Disney worlds instead of going to one at the beginning, middle, and end of each game for huge bursts of plot.

Formalhaut
09-02-2009, 08:31 PM
I can't see it working. Ivalice is too mature, politics in KH won't go down well.

I can see a FFVII world work though, something to do with the lifestream and stuff like that might just work.

Im fed up of the FF characters being forced to huddle together on Hollow Bastion/ Radiant Garden.

Id like to see just one SE world. Just One would be enough for me.

Lets Face it, The World That Never Was looked abit like Midgar.

CelestialStarDust
09-03-2009, 06:07 AM
Lets Face it, The World That Never Was looked abit like Midgar.

maybe they were filmed in different parts of town.

*Devore*
09-03-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm not sure about the world of Ivalice mirging well with the Kingdom Hearts Universe. But I would love to have Gabranth and Basch as side kicks/enemies.

TBH, I think all the Final Fantasy worlds are too in deph and too big to have their own planet.

Big D
10-18-2009, 11:23 AM
I reckon it'd be neat to include snippets of the FF plots, the way they've done with the Disney worlds. Midgar, for instance, could see AVALANCHE pitted against an enemy who's trying to create Heartless using the Mako reactors, or FFVI's heroes confronting Kefka's Nobody.

NorthernChaosGod
10-19-2009, 10:03 AM
I reckon it'd be neat to include snippets of the FF plots, the way they've done with the Disney worlds. Midgar, for instance, could see AVALANCHE pitted against an enemy who's trying to create Heartless using the Mako reactors, or FFVI's heroes confronting Kefka's Nobody.

I approve of this.

Maybe not whole words, but various plot points would be nice.

And maybe a new FF enemy to fight in place of Sephiroth.

Kyros
10-20-2009, 05:51 AM
Gambit hanging out in Ivalice? :D

Ouch!
10-20-2009, 06:19 AM
You'd have to include snippets utilizing only characters not already included in the franchise unless you want to disregard their the Kingdom Hearts canon for the given characters. It's just not feasible at this point without an absolutely deliberate destruction of canon, because while you could make Midgar, you'd have to do it without Tifa, Aerith, or Cloud.

Wolf Kanno
10-20-2009, 08:31 AM
I'm pretty happy with the FF characters being relegated to minor fan service as opposed to major stars in the series. The main storyline and cast are far more interesting than seeing what Squall, Vivi, and Selphie are up to. I'm happy they at least allowed you to use Auron so I guess I can't argue for more FF party members but I don't want them to have a larger role in the plot than they already have.

Still, I would love to see Gabranth, Shadow, or Kain appear as the third FF character Hades sends after Hercules. ;)

I'm also up for another FF super boss that isn't Sephiroth. Though Kefka would be amusing, it might be more badass to have Chaos appear with his Dissidia abilities... :shifty:

Also, who is to say that they should only be KH3? BBS is still on the horizon and no FF cameos have been spotted yet.

Big D
10-20-2009, 09:30 AM
You'd have to include snippets utilizing only characters not already included in the franchise unless you want to disregard their the Kingdom Hearts canon for the given characters. It's just not feasible at this point without an absolutely deliberate destruction of canon, because while you could make Midgar, you'd have to do it without Tifa, Aerith, or Cloud.Not necessarily - the original FFVII versions of those characters are quite distinct from their KH counterparts, in appearance and costume and any manner of other ways. For that reason alone, they could justify having a distinct 'world' populated by faces that are familiar, but distinct. It'd definitely take the likes of Sora a long time to wrap their minds around it, but from a storytelling perspective I think it'd work fine.

Ouch!
10-20-2009, 09:05 PM
I guess that's where we differ in opinion. I think having two of virtually the same individual running around would be very, very messy from a story-telling point of view. It just doesn't seem to me to be worth it. If one wants to bring in Final Fantasy in a larger role, I think just making more worlds like Traverse Town, Twilight Town, and Radiant Garden would be preferable to having character clones going around.

Also, as far as KH2 goes, the FFVII characters are almost exactly identical to their original versions in terms of costume and incredibly similar in terms of their relations to one another. It's only the back story that has been changed.

*Devore*
10-23-2009, 06:07 PM
I was also hoping that they would bring Tidus and Wakka back, since they were on Destiny Island at the end of the first game. They could have had them running around on what ever area Kairi started on in KH2.

LunarWeaver
11-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Maybe Vaan can just give you a new sky pirate Gummi Ship or something. But he could just be stuck somewhere else, no reason to make an Ivalice for that. I wouldn't want to delve too far into it.

Or maybe the Gummi thing will disappear forever. That's my wishful thinking.

Wolf Kanno
12-01-2009, 04:44 AM
What!? :Eek:

Gummi ships were awesome in KH2!!! I kill more time playing through the Gummi ship levels than some of the actual worlds.