PDA

View Full Version : South Park Season 13

Rye
08-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Maybe I'm a total dumb-dumb, but I've been looking everywhere for the date of the second part of the season 13, and I cannot find it everywhere. There is no one definite date. Anyone know when it starts again?

Also, feel free to discuss season 13. ;)

Peegee
08-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Title: TBA
Air Date: October 7, 2009

Sauce: tomato sauce (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_south_park_episodes#Season_13)

I'll take my ty in .. do you have ipod socks?

Rye
08-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Oh cool beans, Hux and I can watch it together!

Haha, I dunno if you have to knit iPod socks or not. I can't knit, but I want to try!

Necronopticous
08-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Tagline: Same as the other 12!

Crimson
08-29-2009, 05:55 PM
New South Park hell yes.

Shattered Dreamer
08-29-2009, 06:24 PM

Evidentially not a South Park fan then Necronopticous:tongue: I really looking forward to the rest of season 13 I love South Park:D

Vermachtnis
08-29-2009, 08:19 PM
I liked the pirates episode of the first half.

Araciel
08-30-2009, 04:46 AM

OMG same characters!

OMG same setting!

OMG

Trumpet Thief
08-30-2009, 08:32 AM
I found the last two seasons to be major letdowns. It feels like now every episode has to be based whatever is a 'big story' in the world. I know that the older seasons had episodes like that too (Kenny parodying Terry Schiavone as a prime example), but they didn't seem to do it as much. Among the crop were lots of unique episodes that just stemmed from the minds of Matt and Trey. From some of the episodes I recall watching, they parodied the election, the somalian pirates, twilight (in a way), The Jo Bros, The economy, and Kanye's ego. :p

BUT that episode about the pinewood derby race car that broke 'the warp-speed barrier' was gold :D

Rye
08-30-2009, 02:08 PM
I actually like that it's based on news. It doesn't get old, it's great.

And they do change things around somewhat, but they keep the characters and things that work for the time. They're very good at not becoming stale.

Crimson
08-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Like they say, you never know how much something means to you until it's gone.

South Park may get bland sometimes, but I could never go without my dose of Kenny death. :redface:

Raistlin
08-30-2009, 08:11 PM
South Park is still one of the best shows on TV. Some of the recent episodes have been pretty meh, but they still fire out some real gems: the economy, the pirates, the Coon hero - all really good episodes. The economy episode was my favorite recent one (very closely followed by the pirate episode). Good stuff.

Rocket Edge
08-30-2009, 08:43 PM
^ Yeah South Park is still a great show. I will be looking at the coming season no doubt.

Loony BoB
08-31-2009, 01:25 PM
Haven't seen the latest series (to my knowledge, anyway) but have to say to whoever mentioned that they just do things on the latest news all the time: It beats parodying things that happened 5-50 years ago on film (hi Simpsons doing Rear Window etc). New stuff is new.

Peegee
08-31-2009, 05:44 PM
I love SP but if I had to come up with a legitimate critique it is that it becomes too esoteric -- the episodes are always a parody of current events, and so while it can be funny, it is only limited in funny

Bunny
08-31-2009, 05:55 PM
I don't watch South Park that often because I don't have cable, but what I have seen I have loved. There have been a few episodes which have been less than stellar, but that's pretty typical of television. Overall, good show.

cloud_doll
09-01-2009, 01:16 PM
South Park is my way of keeping up with the trends.
But I think they should play some old episodes more. Like, only once have I seen an old episode on Comedy Central, and it was hilarious.

I was thinking of buying one of the older seasons...anyone recommend a particulary great one?

Raistlin
09-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Depends on how you define "older." I'd say seasons 5-8 were really a heyday of great South Park episodes (if I had to pick, 7 would probably be my favorite). There are some great ones from the first seasons, but the show took a bit for the creators to be able to really do whatever they wanted.

Rye
10-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Does anyone get the feeling that someone new wrote the most recent Dead Celebrities episode? I mean, it was good and funny, but it felt really really tame and slightly off. Hux agrees, does anyone else?

McLovin'
10-10-2009, 01:02 AM
It wasn't great but I did rofl at the poltergeist reference with the old lady.

blackmage_nuke
10-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Sorry to the kenny fans but the best season is the one where Butters and Tweek replaced him (Especially Butters)

Anyway I also think the dead celebrities episode was rather tame. Also there was no Butters.

Mirage
10-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Dead celebrities wasn't all that great. It was somewhat funny, but it felt predictable.

Shattered Dreamer
10-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Dead celebrities wasn't all that great. It was somewhat funny, but it felt predictable.

The chipotle away thing was too funny though :tongue::D

Captain Maxx Power
10-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Are you people all mad? The latest episode was fantastic stuff, I was doubled over laughing at it all. Really great start to the second part of the series.

Psychotic
11-19-2009, 02:20 PM
But even the authorities

Are minorities

At my waterpark

:cry:

DK
11-19-2009, 02:26 PM
FUCK YOU DOLPHIN

Big D
11-21-2009, 01:48 AM
BUT that episode about the pinewood derby race car that broke 'the warp-speed barrier' was gold :DHoly crap this needs to get broadcast in my country soon...

13 seasons - this means that South Park has been running longer than M*A*S*H. Good God.

Shlup
11-21-2009, 01:55 AM
But even the authorities

Are minorities

At my waterpark

:cry:

The Lazy River has never been lazier!

Moon Rabbits
11-21-2009, 02:07 AM
I found the episode about the word "fag" offensive. :/

Shlup
11-21-2009, 02:11 AM
Because, according to that episode, you're not a fag? xD

Psychotic
11-21-2009, 02:13 AM
I think you may have missed the point of the fag episode.

Shlup
11-21-2009, 02:18 AM
"Little girl, can you point to which one of these men is the fag?" lawl

McLovin'
11-21-2009, 03:04 AM
The first 2 min of the Smurf episode had me rofling with the kid being killed.

Loony BoB
11-21-2009, 07:58 AM
But up until then, you'd never found an episode of South Park offensive?

Rye
11-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Hahaha, the fag episode was the best one.

I really do think every other episode is being written intentionally in a new style, or someone else is coming in, because they kept changing. They're all GOOD, but half of them are just... different.

The pee one had me almost throwing up. I threw myself on the bed dry heaving while Huxley laughed at me.

Shlup
11-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Yeah, the pee was making me ill. xD

Momiji
11-21-2009, 11:47 AM

Isn't that the point of the show, after all?

It's all fun and games until an episode hits home. :P

I haven't really been keeping up with South Park. I dunno why I stopped watching; the show never fails to get me rolling in laughter.

Madame Adequate
11-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Yeah I think you missed the point.

Raistlin
11-21-2009, 04:14 PM

Maybe he suffers from Chef syndrome: everything is funny until they make fun of you.

I've missed a couple of episodes, so I really need to catch up on that. At college all of my roommates and some other friends would come over every Wednesday to watch the new episodes, but I have no one to remind me anymore. >=(

Moon Rabbits
11-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Maybe I missed the point. I don't think I did though. And no, I've never been particularly offended by South Park in any of their satire and usually I do enjoy what messages the show tries to convey with such extreme exaggerations and etc. etc. edit: Actually, I take that back. I don't particularly enjoy this show.

I just didn't feel it with that episode. I understand the point was that the meanings of words change and that the usage of the word "fag" isn't necessarily used by younger generations with a homophobic intent. I disagree with the conclusion the writers/creators come to with this idea, though. I don't care what the word means now, I care about its history. I hate to use this comparison because it's so overused, but if this episode was turned on its ear and was about the use of the n word or some other racial slur or something similar I think there would be a lot more people who had a problem with it - a problem that would be considered "legitimate" even by the people it doesn't affect.

Psychotic
11-21-2009, 08:51 PM
It's kind of funny to me because in Britain, fag has always meant cigarette. It's only recently crept into this country as an insult, in the non-homophobic context, and even then it's not often used. A discussion on the word (and "gay" too I guess) would make a good EoEO thread although I wouldn't post in it. :shobon:

McLovin'
11-21-2009, 09:22 PM
Maybe I missed the point. I don't think I did though. And no, I've never been particularly offended by South Park in any of their satire and usually I do enjoy what messages the show tries to convey with such extreme exaggerations and etc. etc. edit: Actually, I take that back. I don't particularly enjoy this show.

I just didn't feel it with that episode. I understand the point was that the meanings of words change and that the usage of the word "fag" isn't necessarily used by younger generations with a homophobic intent. I disagree with the conclusion the writers/creators come to with this idea, though. I don't care what the word means now, I care about its history. I hate to use this comparison because it's so overused, but if this episode was turned on its ear and was about the use of the n word or some other racial slur or something similar I think there would be a lot more people who had a problem with it - a problem that would be considered "legitimate" even by the people it doesn't affect.

Fag.

Moon Rabbits
11-21-2009, 09:47 PM

Fag.

Fuck you :love: