PDA

View Full Version : KH3? *Maybe Spoilers*

G13
08-30-2009, 11:37 AM
So I've been seeing threads about KH3 for a while now and they've had me thinking that I haven't actually heard anything about a third one being developed. We've got two new installments on the way and no mentions of 3. I searched google and this picture came up on the first page.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g125/EricMiller_photos/kingdomhearts3mv1.jpg

War of the Keyblades was a term used in the hidden ending of 2. The hidden ending has identified as Birth by Sleep, the prequel to Kingdom Hearts. Is this what everyone thinks 3 is? Am I reading too much into this?

On the same page as the first picture, I found this.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g125/EricMiller_photos/8919_kingdom_hearts_iii-orig.png

I've never even heard of this and there's a picture? I looked a bit closer and realized that most of the characters on the cover look horribly hand drawn, and a quote on the back says something about Birth by Sleep. Fan drawing maybe? A hoax perhaps? I don't think my ulcers could handle another. I googled the name, but it didn't come up KH Dissouled, or whatever it says, but KH Dissolved. Has anyone heard of this before?

Good people of EoFF I implore you, if you know of a site with the info, don't hold out on us lesser creatures. Try as I might, I just can't find reliable info on the internet, as proven in an earlier incident.

Crimson
08-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Both are fakes, honestly these pictures have been around since before KH2 was out.

I still have the first one in My Pictures folder and I can printscreen the date it was put in there if you dont believe me.

Mogi
08-30-2009, 04:34 PM
I don't have a link in front of me, but I remember very vividly that I read an interview mainly about 358/2 Days in which Uematsu was asked about Kingdom Hearts III. He replied that he hadn't thought of it yet and that he won't start working on it until the cross-platforming is finished.

Also, there's no way Kingdom Hearts III will be on the Wii. I don't doubt that Square would make a game for Wii, but Kingdom Hearts III will be on the Playstation alone.

Mini Tidus
08-30-2009, 05:12 PM
The best site to go to for all of this is Kingdom Hearts Ultimania, i'm sure they've got an interview or two mentioning kh3 along with a load of other stuff you can check out.

G13
08-31-2009, 12:48 AM
Both are fakes, honestly these pictures have been around since before KH2 was out.

I still have the first one in My Pictures folder and I can printscreen the date it was put in there if you dont believe me.

I don't know about that. How could someone know of "The Keyblade Wars" (I am referring to the title of the first picture and the characters in the second) before it came out? But it doesn't matter now, I don't need to see your picture.

I'm pretty sure that 3 won't be released on Wii too, but like I said earlier, google said there is something called Dissolved, I just haven't clicked any of the links cause they don't look too reliable.

I looked at Kingdom Hearts Ultimania, they have no news of an actual 3 either.

Mogi
09-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Not to mention that there's a typo on the back of the second picture.

"IT AL BEGINS..."

Besides, wtf is "DISSOULED," anyway?

EDIT: Also, the bar code is from an Austin Powers DVD.
DVD image (http://dvd.shawnlyman.com/covers/large/austin_powers_back_large.jpg)

I just want to say though that I think these are wonderful photoshop jobs.

EDIT2: I see now that it looks like both images are 3d renderings, probably in Maya or Blender.

sdm42393
09-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Who's to say there won't be a Wii version of Kingdom Hearts III? There's been two games on Nintendo platforms (albeit side-stories) so the idea isn't that far-fetched.

Formalhaut
09-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Agreed, but it seems.. hmm...

It cant be main series, maybe a spin off or some other short storyline.

heres and idea, have Sora and Pooh Bear do minigames?

G13
09-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Not to mention that there's a typo on the back of the second picture.

"IT AL BEGINS..."

Besides, wtf is "DISSOULED," anyway?

EDIT: Also, the bar code is from an Austin Powers DVD.
DVD image (http://dvd.shawnlyman.com/covers/large/austin_powers_back_large.jpg)

I just want to say though that I think these are wonderful photoshop jobs.

EDIT2: I see now that it looks like both images are 3d renderings, probably in Maya or Blender.

I think we already knew they were photoshop jobs (At least I did). I was using those photos as my "proof" that there might not even be a III in the works.

Everywhere I look I see people calling Birth by Sleep the third one, and I don't get it. Is everyone so excited for a third that they don't realize their "third" has already been identified as Birth by Sleep? Don't get me wrong, I want a KH III just as bad as everyone else, but I don't see any facts that there is a III being made right now.

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-07-2009, 08:02 PM
There is supposed to be a KH release on the Wii, if I recall correctly. It is going to be a rehash of I & II made for the Wii. It was announced at E3 or some other gaming conference this year, I think.

Not only does the KH team have to finish with Birth by Sleep and Coded, if I am right about the Wii version of I & II they'll have that to port to the Wii too. Also, if I recall correctly, part of the KH team is working on FF vXIII and that's not done either. So I think we'd have to wait at least another year or more until more progress has been done with Versus before we even get a smell of a true sequel to the series.

Ouch!
09-08-2009, 02:30 AM
There is supposed to be a KH release on the Wii, if I recall correctly. It is going to be a rehash of I & II made for the Wii. It was announced at E3 or some other gaming conference this year, I think.
I think you're way off base on that one there.

Not only does the KH team have to finish with Birth by Sleep and Coded, if I am right about the Wii version of I & II they'll have that to port to the Wii too. Also, if I recall correctly, part of the KH team is working on FF vXIII and that's not done either. So I think we'd have to wait at least another year or more until more progress has been done with Versus before we even get a smell of a true sequel to the series.
I sincerely doubt Birth by Sleep and Coded will get a port to the Wii any time soon. It took a few years for them to remake Chain of Memories for the PS2. Keep on dreaming, I think.

At any rate, the FFvXIII comment is accurate. The team developing FFvXIII is the Kingdom Hearts dev. team, so don't expect to see any progress on KH3 until they've got that one in the bag.

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-08-2009, 05:02 AM
I didn't say Coded and Birth by Sleep are getting ported to the Wii, that'd be ridiculous, I was referring to my previous comment about a redoing of KH I & II on the Wii (i.e. I & II being ported on the Wii). I guess my use of "too" made the sentence more ambiguous as to what I meant.

Yes, I guess I was wrong about that. I just thought I vividly remember reading something about that on a blog, I guess I was day-dreaming. Oh well~

But yeah, Coded, Birth by Sleep and Versus all need to be done or nearly so before Nomura et al can even consider "KHIII". Though I honestly wonder if the next installment into the series will actually be a sequel to II. It seems likely, but you never know.

JackNapier
09-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Who's to say there won't be a Wii version of Kingdom Hearts III? There's been two games on Nintendo platforms (albeit side-stories) so the idea isn't that far-fetched.

A Kingdom Hearts game on the Wii wouldn't be that far-fetched, no. However, a game in the main series seems a little unlikely to me.

Regarding the typo post: It is obvious that these pictures are fan made, but if anyone owns BlazBlue then read the back of the case very closely, it is hilarious. Legit game cases have typos too :p.

IXVI
10-14-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm wondering to..WILL there ever be a kingdomhearts 3???? i'm kinda sick of all these "between 1 and 2" crap >;\....I hope other disney characters besides aladdin,jack skellington, make it also. not that i hate them. its just new characters would be nice. Hunchback, the sequel to pirates or...maybe even toy story. it'd give the animators a nice new look for sora in that world. make him and his party all toy-ish lookin'..