PDA

View Full Version : how long can char exist without ID?

Lain
08-31-2009, 12:18 PM
Hello there~
I'd like to cancel all my IDs for a while.. But how long can I have my IDs dead until SE deletes my characters? Is there a limit anyway? Or can I delete it and come back after 2 years and still be able to use my old character?
Also, does the cancelling ID mean u lose ur frined list? Is there a possibility just to freeze ID instead of cancelling it? :choc:

Del Murder
08-31-2009, 06:19 PM
I don't think they delete them anymore, but I don't know the official policy. In most situations your character will be fine as long as you keep your PlayOnline ID. People have come back after years and their characters were right where they left them.

Dante WolfWood
08-31-2009, 06:29 PM
I once left mine for a year and when I came back, my character and items were all still there. now SE doesnt gurantee anything,, but most likely it will be there

Miriel
08-31-2009, 07:27 PM
I think they officially guarantee it for like a year, but unofficially they don't really delete any characters anymore.

Ouch!
09-01-2009, 12:37 AM
Miriel's got it right. Characters used to be guaranteed for three months, but then they bumped it up officially to a year. Not that it especially matters. I do believe "Return Home to Vana'diel" has become a permanent feature. This allows you to recover any character linked to a Content ID which had been canceled even if Square Enix has deleted it (which, to my knowledge, they've stopped doing).

Lain
09-11-2009, 11:10 AM
thanks~ :hellopanties2: