PDA

View Full Version : God of War I and II To Grace the PS3 This Fall!

Gilghamut
09-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Yes, that's right, God of War I and II is being released on the PS3 on one Blu-Ray disc.

FOSTER CITY, Calif., September 1, 2009 – Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) announced today a new and exclusive PlayStation®3 (PS3™) offering for the critically acclaimed God of War® franchise, God of War® Collection. Scheduled for release this holiday season, God of War Collection will feature reworked versions of both God of War® and God of War® II on a single Blu-ray Disc™ at full 1280 x 720 resolution. Both critically acclaimed games, which were originally developed for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, have been remastered with anti-aliased graphics running at 60 frames per second for a smooth gameplay experience on the PS3 system. Additionally, the Blu-ray Disc compilation will bring PlayStation®Network (PSN) trophy support to the franchise for the first time (included for both games). God of War Collection offers substantial value to PS3 consumers, the compilation of both best-selling games costing just $39.99 MSRP.

God of War Collection – Blu-ray Disc Compilation Available This Holiday Season! – PlayStation.Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/08/31/god-of-war-collection-blu-ray-disc-compilation-available-this-holiday-season/#more-15448)

Bolivar
09-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Man, I just bought GoWII this year (one of the most epic games I've ever played...), but I might have to pick this up. I think I'll wait maybe a week or two before GoWIII comes out, try to get it for a couple bucks cheaper.

This a great move by Sony, and this HD-remake phenomenon needs to be looked into further because most games of previous console generations simply don't look good on HDTV's (SD displays actually did some things better that makes sprites and pixels of earlier 3d games look great). Trophies don't hurt either, it's an added incentive for replayability. If they were to smoothe out, say, FFVII-IX and make them run at 60 fps, I would cream. In my pants.

Gilghamut
09-01-2009, 02:35 PM
I would love to see Shadow of the Colossus receive this treatment, or even see Sony work with Rockstar and possibly do this with San Andreas.

Dreddz
09-01-2009, 03:09 PM
For the price their offering, thats a pretty damn good deal. Still have issues about all this though. The fact that Sony are trying to rid all consoles from having BC and then start re-releasing games from the PS2 library unsettles me.

sephireland
09-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Quite liked both those games, don't think I'll bother playing them again though. I'd rather an ICO/SOTC double disc.

Crimson
09-01-2009, 06:35 PM
http://i25.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/s3zmvr.jpg

Bolivar
09-01-2009, 09:54 PM
For the price their offering, thats a pretty damn good deal. Still have issues about all this though. The fact that Sony are trying to rid all consoles from having BC and then start re-releasing games from the PS2 library unsettles me.

I know this is the old and tired speculation, but Backwards Compatibility will come. It's firmware update-friendly, there's no reason for it to not eventually happen.

There's going to be a lot of people buying PS3's for the first time for the rest of 2009, Sony wants them to buy ps3 games, instead of playing PS2 games while they wait for the new titles they want to be released. It's what a lot of people did with the PS2 when it had an almost utter crap lineup at launch.

Pete for President
09-01-2009, 11:20 PM
It's a smart move. They're trying to make God of War 3 a console seller even though it's a sequel.

Anyway, yesterday I held both god of war 1 and 2 in my hands for ps2, and decided not to buy them (yet). Although I have finished them both by borrowing from friends, I still want them in my collection. With this news I'll probably wait for the ps3 release, eventhough having the originals might have it's charm...

sephireland
09-02-2009, 02:11 AM
http://i25.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/s3zmvr.jpg

:D Agree 100%

McLovin'
09-02-2009, 03:09 AM
40 bucks is freakin cheap for 2 games.