PDA

View Full Version : Sleep :(

Rye
09-02-2009, 04:18 AM
I read a short story a few weeks ago about a women who doesn't need to sleep anymore, has no physical need for it, and how she spent that time away from her house wife duties traveling the country and reading big Russian novels.

I wish I was like her and EDWARD CULLEN~~~~ and did not need to sleep. I enjoy sleeping, but it's such a waste of time. It concerns me.

If I didn't need to sleep right now, I would read the pile of books I have begging to be read right now. What about you?

CimminyCricket
09-02-2009, 04:21 AM
I would also read, I have a lot of books that I need to finish.

Caraliz
09-02-2009, 04:22 AM
If I had other material possessions I would be doing a lot of things. Like Xbox 360 call of duty world at war ZOMBIE NAZIS, sewing with a SERGER sewing machine, messing around with photoshop on a dank ass computer, playing guild wars, or if I wanted to get really adventurous I'd get a car and drive all over the US. Visit every place. It'd be cool if I had a goal at every place, like collecting stuff.

Yar
09-02-2009, 04:27 AM
I would stay up all night talking to boys.~ (i.e. Fonz)

Rye
09-02-2009, 04:28 AM
I would stay up all night talking to boys.~ (i.e. Fonz)

BOY TALK NON-SLEEP OVER?

Meat Puppet
09-02-2009, 04:39 AM
I read. I read a lot more than I have before, these days. And listen to music. I don’t get much sleep... I wish I could, but it just doesn’t work that way.

Crimson
09-02-2009, 04:51 AM
I read a short story a few weeks ago about a women who doesn't need to sleep anymore, has no physical need for it, and how she spent that time away from her house wife duties traveling the country and reading big Russian novels.

I wish I was like her and EDWARD CULLEN~~~~

I stopped reading here and skipped to the end.

I'd never stay awake for a book personally, video games and manga on the otherhand.....

Jojee
09-02-2009, 05:03 AM
How would that be any different from my life as-is now? :mog:

Seraphic
09-02-2009, 05:15 AM
Maybe it's like an evolutionary advancement, and people won't have to sleep anymore in the future D:
I wish I didn't have to sleep either so I could work on any unfinished projects I might have on hand.

Rodarian
09-02-2009, 05:29 AM
I covet sleeping...While I do enoy reading books (especially during bed time)

Sleepings is like a little death to me!..... Might as well be in a coma right....

Madonna
09-02-2009, 05:37 AM
I hate sleeping people with a passion comparable to the measure of heat leeched off the surface of the nearest star.

I am always reading books or listening to music in my non-sleep-spent time; people seem to author quite a few every year or so and some do a decent job!

rubah
09-02-2009, 05:37 AM
If I didn't sleep, I would miss dreaming.

For example, the other night, I dreamed Ashton Kutcher was some sort of feeble minded furry, and when I wouldn't let him tie me up in his bondage lair, he got really sad and tried to offer me his favorite fuzzy bird toy (he was holding it in his mouth), but I was like "but, ashton, that's your favorite fuzzy bird toy!" and he was like 'I really want you to have it,' but I just kinda backed away from him and ran to the watering hole where my other body was, except they were in zebra form, and you had to go through a sink hole to get to the watering hole, and the reason was that it was my first day of tutoring and I wanted a safe place for all my students (wombats, meercats, whatever) to be able to hide from predators like cheetah (thermodynamics)

Aerith's Knight
09-02-2009, 07:12 AM
I'd have a lot more time to myself, but seriously, you need to sleep. Not only for your own mental stability, but also for physiological reasons. Your back needs you to lie down for 8 hours a day so it can refill the vertibral disks using osmotic pressure. Otherwise your nucleus pulposus could die! D:

CimminyCricket
09-02-2009, 08:18 AM

For example, the other night, I dreamed Ashton Kutcher was some sort of feeble minded furry, and when I wouldn't let him tie me up in his bondage lair, he got really sad and tried to offer me his favorite fuzzy bird toy (he was holding it in his mouth), but I was like "but, ashton, that's your favorite fuzzy bird toy!" and he was like 'I really want you to have it,' but I just kinda backed away from him and ran to the watering hole where my other body was, except they were in zebra form, and you had to go through a sink hole to get to the watering hole, and the reason was that it was my first day of tutoring and I wanted a safe place for all my students (wombats, meercats, whatever) to be able to hide from predators like cheetah (thermodynamics)

No more Hot Pockets before bed.

Bunny
09-02-2009, 09:02 AM
I wish I never had to sleep. I would play WoW all day or maybe do something productive or amazing.

I wish I didn't have to eat either.

Breine
09-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Not needing to sleep would be quite cool. I'd probably also do some more reading and stuff like that I don't do enough of. I also have many books I haven't read yet.

Aerith's Knight
09-02-2009, 09:12 AM
I wish I never had to sleep. I would play WoW all day or maybe do something productive or amazing.

Let's be honest. :p

scrumpleberry
09-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Omg I wish i didn't have to sleeeep :( It's very frustrating! I would just draw and read more, maybe get some tidying done lol.

Rodarian
09-02-2009, 01:09 PM
:mymelfacepalm:Thats it :mymelsmash:....EVERYONE OFF TO BED!! No more wishing for no sleep so I can read more books!!!:mymelbert:

All of you are like little childrens!! *scold you all like a parent*:mymelontd:

And if you all misbehave, I will smack your booty for good measure!!:mymelslap:

Peegee
09-02-2009, 01:21 PM
I'd probably go crazy. Your brain needs to 'rest' every so often.

If my brain could function at...well I hesitate to use the word 'maximum capacity' to describe anything I do..I'd waste that ability reading or sleeping.

Aerith's Knight
09-02-2009, 03:07 PM
:mymelfacepalm:Thats it :mymelsmash:....EVERYONE OFF TO BED!! No more wishing for no sleep so I can read more books!!!:mymelbert:

I don't like your tone, young lady.

Madame Adequate
09-02-2009, 03:30 PM
I'd probably go crazy. Your brain needs to 'rest' every so often.

If my brain could function at...well I hesitate to use the word 'maximum capacity' to describe anything I do..I'd waste that ability reading or sleeping.

Well I think the idea is that your brain would be fine without sleep :p

I would do more STUFF. I very rarely go to sleep feeling like I've done enough even when I fill the day with doing stuff I want to do.

Quindiana Jones
09-02-2009, 03:48 PM
If I could live without sleeping I would be very very happy.

Aerith's Knight
09-02-2009, 03:57 PM
If I could live without sleeping I would be very very happy.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7343/crazyhappy.gif (http://img525.imageshack.us/i/crazyhappy.gif/)

rubah
09-02-2009, 05:01 PM

I don't even like hot pockets!

Peegee
09-02-2009, 05:39 PM

I don't even like hot pockets!

Liar. You had some last week IIRCasl

rubah
09-02-2009, 06:16 PM
You do not rightly recall, my friend.

CimminyCricket
09-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Well, whatever food you're eating before bed, stop eating it.

Iceglow
09-02-2009, 11:05 PM
I have severe insomina and therefore tend only to get a few hours a night anyhow, might I say, short term the 20 hour waking day is excellent a real life saver for the modern worker. Long term, that stuff screws with your mind.

If I had no need for sleep and felt none of the wacky crazy side effects of insomina or the aches of not properly resting my muscles I would probably never, ever sleep even for recreational purposes. I've so much I want/need to do and if I could do it all I would. Part of the reason for my insomina is all down to self infliction, if I have to choose between say, sleeping prior to going work and watching the last 26 episodes of Red Versus Blue on youtube, I have, and would choose watching the episodes of Red Versus Blue every time.

Rodarian
09-03-2009, 03:06 PM

When did I become a hermaphrodite!!! 0_o.....

(I'm a boy Aerith).......T_T

Aerith's Knight
09-03-2009, 04:42 PM

When did I become a hermaphrodite!!! 0_o.....

(I'm a boy Aerith).......T_T

Of this I was aware, yet my point remains.

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-03-2009, 05:06 PM

Threat or a promise? ;)

Since I stay up to like 4am anyways. Watch anime, play some games, do some reading, maybe pick up an interesting hobby. :D

I'd miss sleep though :(

Unbreakable Will
09-03-2009, 05:15 PM
I would take my college courses at nights, that way I could spend more time job hunting and spending time with Nikki.

Mogi
09-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Stay forever!
:</>D

Rye, where did you read that story?
O:

Leeza
09-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Reading would be one of the things at the top of my list. I just don't have the time for it during regular hours anymore, but I have so much that I really do need to read. Sleep is such a waste of precious time. :cat:

Formalhaut
09-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Id Read, then id play video games, after that I honestly don't know what else I could do.

Craig
09-03-2009, 07:46 PM
i like sleep but its quite depressing really, u dont experience a whole
3rd of your life

~*~Celes~*~
09-03-2009, 10:48 PM
if i didn't have to sleep i'd do more reading and play video games more :D

Rye
09-04-2009, 12:39 AM
Stay forever!

O:

It's a short story by Haruki Murakami. I managed to find it online for you, Mogi! Here you go. It's really good.

my lost words: vale la pena: haruki murakami - sleep (http://mylostwords.blogspot.com/2009/01/haruki-murakami-sleep.html)

Rodarian
09-04-2009, 04:31 AM

Threat or a promise? ;)

Well since you put it that way.... Its promise just for YOU :)

Mogi
09-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Stay forever!
:D

O:

It's a short story by Haruki Murakami. I managed to find it online for you, Mogi! Here you go. It's really good.

my lost words: vale la pena: haruki murakami - sleep (http://mylostwords.blogspot.com/2009/01/haruki-murakami-sleep.html)

Thanks, Rye, you're awesome!

Iceglow
09-06-2009, 11:56 PM
You know, thinking on it, if I needed absoloutely no sleep I'd need to live somewhere what is thriving 24/7 like NY, not like London which claims to be a 24 hour city that just so happens to shut down at like 2 am or so. Seriously, the clubs here close earlier and earlier and the city grinds to a breaking halt at 3:30am.

Rokk
09-07-2009, 12:35 AM
This is a topic that really intrigues me.

I get by on very little sleep, I mean now its 00:30 here, and I need to be up at 08:00, and I won't even get to sleep until 02:00 at the earliest!

I occasionally pull all-nighters for no apparent reason, just because I don't want to sleep that night. And I'm always fine the next day, and even more worryingly sometimes in a better mood after (!?)

I remember one night a year or so ago, when I must of had as little as 2hrs sleep, and when I woke up after that short nap I felt - no joke - the best I had ever done in a very long time.

It also seems no matter how much sleep I get I find it so hard to wake up, well unless it's less than 2 hours it seems (presumably due to the fact that you don't reach the deep sleep stages or something).

I'm continually trying to work out a good sleeping pattern for myself.