PDA

View Full Version : searching

rubah
09-04-2009, 04:32 AM
I can't search for the word "seriously", says it's too common.

When I search for "serious" it says there are no results... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Meat Puppet
09-04-2009, 06:08 AM
rubah
Administrator

o_O
09-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Seriousl* and seriousl? turn up a few results. :p

Can you search in the admin CP?

Of course you could always query the database... :p

rubah
09-04-2009, 03:07 PM
I'd like to avoid querying the database, especially on nights last night~~

but seriousl brought up results where people had literally typed seriousl. And you'll note that my post was not one of them :p

anyways, the point of this thread, is that I know murd did something a while back to include four letter terms (or was it three letters), and I didn't feel like googling "vb add search term to database" or whatever xd

o_O
09-04-2009, 03:40 PM
If you enable wildcard searching in the admin CP then it should allow you to search for "seriousl*" and get the right results.

It would be les taxing on the the database to just query it though. And even then it wouldn't exactly be a big strain. :p

Loony BoB
09-04-2009, 04:35 PM
I long-ago enabled three letter words to be able to be searched upon and it did nothing to help me search for three letter words. So I tried putting it back to four and then adding a specific word to the "exception list" or whatever so that I could search for that instead, and also had no luck.

I can't imagine why you couldn't find 'serious' though. Obviously it's a bit bigger than three letters.

rubah
09-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Anyways, I've done my query, and I'm happy now 8)