PDA

View Full Version : Job Interview 2 the sequel: Now with More Second

LunarWeaver
09-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Okay, so let's say you are the one interviewing a person who is trying to get a job, not the other way around. What questions would you ask? If you're going to be a princess and say something like "Depends on what I'm the boss of" then make one up yourself Mr. Mister.

A lot of questions they ask are obvious and need to be asked. But some are stupid. Like "What is your greatest flaw?" Well for smurf's sake, people are gonna say something like, "Oh, sometimes I take too long to do a task because I want it to be perfect." Nobody is going to say, "I masturbate 4 times a day and will most likely do it in the bathroom right here in this office." Though if someone actually said that, I might hire them.

Okay, two paragraphs are too long for people to read already so just begin making up questions if you got this far.

Madame Adequate
09-04-2009, 09:43 PM
"Why do you want this job?"

If answer is "Money", then hire. If answer is anything else, "Thank you for your time."

black orb
09-04-2009, 09:56 PM
>>> I would just make a test and see if the person can get the work done..
all the stupid questions like "What are your expectations in life?" or "Why do you want this job?" are BS..

Breine
09-04-2009, 11:10 PM
At the job interview for my first teaching job I was asked if I were the type of guy that could play soccer and such. It was a valid enough question I suppose, but it was just unexpected. I was like "Erhm, sure.. but just not well hehehehe".

So yeah, unexpected questions can be fun, but "Do you know how to make coffee?" should be enough really.

KentaRawr!
09-05-2009, 01:00 AM
"Pop a squat, my good man, and let's have a swingin' communication of mindset. Want some tea?"

After this, I decide to hire them based on whether they refuse or accept. The one who thinks I have tea didn't look to see if there was tea first, and as such, has no place on an investigation team. :mad2:

Rodarian
09-05-2009, 02:50 PM
I sit down and look at potential employee and ask....

"What do you think of wearing socks with sandals......"

rubah
09-05-2009, 04:50 PM
"What would you do if we promoted an inept co-worker over you?"

oddler
09-05-2009, 09:21 PM
"What would you do if we promoted an inept co-worker over you?"

That's actually a question that I think should definitely be asked. "Why do you want this job?" is a good one, too.

Also, I would ask the potential employee pretty much the same thing this thread asks: "If you were hiring people for this job, what would you be looking for in them?" :choc2:

LunarWeaver
09-05-2009, 09:25 PM
"If zombies were to infest our building, would you come and try to save me or think smurf you all and save yourself?"

Edit: I would actually ask this, people.