PDA

View Full Version : FFTA2 game beaten . . . what now??? (spoilers)

Kumo
09-05-2009, 02:05 AM
So I'm sitting at 270 missions finished now, and the only thing available to play is the Kings of Cinqleur Mission (sp?), with 5 lvl 99 death mages, and the collecting chocobos stuff (I'm looking for a Brown one now).

This game DOES go up to 300 missions, right? What's next? How do I unlock the bulk of the remaining ones?

Skyblade
09-05-2009, 04:12 AM
Some missions are only availible at certain times in certain cities...

Kumo
09-05-2009, 04:17 AM
So just go around to each city during every month and see what's new? Gah . . . that will take a while . . .

Wolf Kanno
09-05-2009, 05:18 AM
Tell me about it. I'm at 288 missions still just waiting for the others to pop up. Also, master the Heritor skills for Adelle. Each time you master a skill, a new part of the story opens up and you can get another weapon with another skill. They are pretty nice abilities though the Inheritor Class has only decent stat growth.

Orlandeau
09-05-2009, 06:48 AM
cmiiw, the nu mou / banga of the rupies need to be cleared about 5 times more or less i forgot...

OH YEAH, also do you remember a quest about well? mysterious well or something?
you must unlock all secret passages from that well, every time you unlock a new passage, new quests should be unlocked too. Probably about 4-5 secret passages exists from that well.

if you're stuck at 290-ish quest, i suggest you open the walkthrough and compare their quest list(tree) with yours.

and yeah, the total listed quests are 300. after you finished 300 quests, 1 other quest should appear, the final quest. godspeed.

Kumo
09-09-2009, 04:56 AM
Gah, I'm stuck at 293 missions done, and I have the Cinquler Clan event left to beat . . . that would be 294. Do new missions open after that?

Are there any other missions that most people forget, or which are hard to get that I should know about?

I did all of the ones listed on here, and that helped out A LOT.

Orlandeau
09-09-2009, 01:44 PM
if you're stuck at 290-ish quest, i suggest you open the walkthrough and compare their quest list(tree) with yours.

i've experienced the same thing as yours before. stuck at 290- quests.
because i'm already pretty fed up with ffta2 that time... 152 hours on the save data! i decided to open the walkthrough and see what quests i haven't finished yet.

in my case, all of the quests that i haven't finished are connected with the well.

Kumo
09-09-2009, 02:38 PM
I was worried because I hadn't yet done the Montblanc quest. It didn't open up after I beat the event, because I had done it by dispatch instead of in person! It should be fine now. I can have it completed by the end of the day!

squigels69
10-18-2009, 09:30 AM
I have a question about FFTA2. If you count all the boxes in the quest tree, there are 400. Does anyone know of a complete quest list that shows all 400 of these quests?

Also, where do I find the 'secret well' that you speak of? I am currently at 267 quests, trying to do all the wanted dispatches, and they are a pain in the butt to figure out.

Last question I have, is this: Is FFTA2 like FFTA where there is a quest that you have to beat at a certain point in the game, otherwise you can't get it again?

TYVM to anyone who replies.

Kumo
10-18-2009, 03:35 PM
I believe there is an extra event after you beat all the levels in FFTA2. And the 'Well' levels stumped me too for a while. The WELL mission is a repeatable mission, where somebody says they are hearing "strange noises" coming from the well. The Battle has 3 wells placed around each corner of the map. You have to visit EACH of them (meaning do the mission 4 times) to unlock 4 different places on the map. Once those places are unlocked, you should have another group of missions available to you that are located at the new locations.

And about missing certain missions forever, I think all the character recruitment missions are pretty much gone forever if you choose not to recruit some of the optional people. Also be careful which items you throw away when you have too many. Only get rid of ones you know you can get again.

squigels69
10-18-2009, 11:25 PM
Well, I know that in FFTA there is a mission that you HAVE to do when it comes up, if you advance past it, it won't ever show up again, and you can't complete the 300 missions.

I was just wondering if there was anything like that in FFTA2.

EDIT:I just stumbled across another quest like the well one. It is called 'a small favor.'

I have done it twice now, and each time I get re directed to a different place to meet him. Not sure what it will unlock or how many times it will take to unlock w/e it is, but I will find out.

Just use the Edit button if you want to add something. You don't need to W-Post ~ WK

Orlandeau
10-19-2009, 12:16 PM
nay, as far as i know, 'a small favor' quest is a quest asking for item(s) right? the well i mentioned named 'a strange noise' maybe? i forgot. All i remember this quest is a battle quest, you will battle weak enemies in a map which consists of some wells (3-5 maybe). The winning condition is only to examine "one" well. after you examine a well, the quest will be over, and you'll appear somewhere in the world map (a place you've never been before). When the same quest re-appeared in the bar, you should take it again, and this time examine another well, it'll open another secret spot in the map. along with some quests that connected with that particular spot.

and about missable quests, i don't think there're any.

Rhosius
10-19-2009, 11:28 PM
i finished all 300 missions.(not without headaches) by the time i was able to finish them all, i had taken luso,addell,vaan,penelo,and two other basic characters (my main team)and had mastered every job for all 6 of them.

squigels69
10-20-2009, 07:22 AM
The well quest is called 'odd places.' I have done it 3 times now, and on the 3rd time, 3 new quests showed up.

Alright, I am now stuck. I have done the 'odd places' quests half a dozen times, unlocked all the available quests I could, and I have even beaten the King of Cinquelar quest, where you face off against the 5 lvl 99 characters in Aldanna Range.

I am at 290 quests completed, and I can't find any more. Any suggestions?

Please use the edit button if you wish to add something. Thank you ~WK

Skyblade
10-23-2009, 04:42 PM
You could list every quest you've done by it's coordinates on the Quest Report and see if anyone knows what the missing 10 quests are.

Or find some way to take a photo of your quest report.

squigels69
10-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Well, I would, except I want to finish all 400 quests, not just stop at 300.

I have done the first of the Adelle quests, where you acquire the Tiptaptwo blade, and I am working on mastering Viola so I can continue that, and I am working on Brightmoon Tor, number 2.

Currently at 291 quests, with brightmoon tor 2 down.